LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Im glad @vgolfman got to spend some time with the guys. He has been a big part of this community and our content for a long time.

index.php

Thank you JB! Always, and I means always, happy to help you, Morgan and the THP community. Always, and I mean always, great to spend time you and THP members as well.

Im glad @vgolfman got to spend some time with the guys. He has been a big part of this community and our content for a long time.

index.php

it was such a treat to talk to @vgolfman at the r&d round table. i could pick that man’s brain for hours on end. i don’t think i fully appreciated the asset he was to thp. such a great guy.

index.php

Was a great treat being able to pick his brain. Super nice guy and very passionate about what he does.

Hmmn - maybe next year @LaQuintaLooper and some of the other caddies can give live round updates...? I have enjoyed his posts so far. Might make it easier on the participants too. Almost like additional on site AssCaps. Would probably need to sign NDAs and be read the rules. Coverage was great by the participants, but just a thought. Really enjoyed following this year.

Hmmn - maybe next year @LaQuintaLooper and some of the other caddies can give live round updates...? I have enjoyed his posts so far. Might make it easier on the participants too. Almost like additional on site AssCaps. Would probably need to sign NDAs and be read the rules. Coverage was great by the participants, but just a thought. Really enjoyed following this year.

They kinda have their hands full forecaddying, I’m not sure they have the free time to do that too!

It’s not hard to jot down a quick update in between shots. I mean what else are you doing if you’re waiting between shots or holes?

They kinda have their hands full forecaddying, I’m not sure they have the free time to do that too!

It’s not hard to jot down a quick update in between shots. I mean what else are you doing if you’re waiting between shots or holes?
Drinking and eating :banana:

I’m a little late catching up. Great job @badolds thats a strong round! Way to take care of business!

Don’t sell yourself short, that UT shot you hit on the range was Smoked!!!! It was a pure strike they seemed to just go for ever. That will be a weapon for you.
I hit it on Clive #9 off the tee that was absolutely beautiful. Split the fairway about 220. This thing is going to be such a weapon this coming season!

I hit it on Clive #9 off the tee that was absolutely beautiful. Split the fairway about 220. This thing is going to be such a weapon this coming season!

I’m carrying the previous gen andI take it off the tee a lot

Watching the hero championship as Henrik Stenson is now being referred to as Clark “the terminator” Griswold by the announcing team. Pretty surreal after a week of being out there and staring at brand new bag of clubs with the same name on it. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

@jeffneubarth holiday commercial/tour truck skin opportunity right there
i'm pretty sure we have the entire list now of things you and Henrik have in common

Haha thanks Mike, I appreciate it! I gave him a background of my game and what I was looking for in an iron and we started with Apex Pros and I enjoyed them, and we tried the MBs and the rest was history. He said my numbers with the 6 iron mb was perfect; smash factor, ball speed and spin numbers, distance etc. I was hitting it 190-195 on the dot in tight dispersion which is exactly what I was looking for. Distance and control predictability. We knocked them out pretty quick. I was happy that I was swinging well that day. More to come on the recap!
I can also confirm and @TylerSheanCG can confirm we witnessed "NO SHANKS" from @NoShanks during our match....

Decompressing and it’s starting to hit me that it’s over. Lots of snow on the ground and a few months of indoor comparison in front of me. As I sit here with a cup of coffee outlining my thoughts for the recaps I can’t begin to express how fantastic this trip was. Yes, the equipment is obviously a big highlight, but the conversations had and new friends made on both the THP and ZC side was the true highlight of it all.

i'm pretty sure we have the entire list now of things you and Henrik have in common

Cold-Blooded man, but incorrect, we are also both right handed. Please update your list to now have 2 bullet points.

it was such a treat to talk to @vgolfman at the r&d round table. i could pick that man’s brain for hours on end. i don’t think i fully appreciated the asset he was to thp. such a great guy.
Yes agreed with this 100%. We also had a chance to speak with him before our fitting while we unsuccessfully attempted some crazy long putts. He’s a wealth of knowledge.

I’m carrying the previous gen andI take it off the tee a lot
I remember how much you loved your UT irons once you got back from Cali in 2016. These things are so easy to hit!

I remember how much you loved your UT irons once you got back from Cali in 2016. These things are so easy to hit!

probably the only club in my bag I feel I can hit as hard as I can and it turn out well. Zero complaints...

So for this year’s participants, the past participants mentioned the importance of balancing your range time on Wednesday morning, Suggesting to spend more time than normal in the short game area (Chipping and Putting). Do you think you did that and if so, did it play out on the course?

So for this year’s participants, the past participants mentioned the importance of balancing your range time on Wednesday morning, Suggesting to spend more time than normal in the short game area (Chipping and Putting). Do you think you did that and if so, did it play out on the course?

I spent more time on the range to dial in the wedges from 50-100 yards. Those were critical areas to get a feel for me. Most of my second shots on the course were from 100-130 range.

it was easy to get a hang of chipping around the greens for me but I do wish I spent more time putting. My lag putting was terrible because I couldn’t get a feel of the speed on the greens. I found myself ending up short on a lot of putts.

Yep, I didn’t actually touch the practice green, The second day because I wanted to focus on irons. That proved to be Ill advised.

These are some great reviews gents

i’m not trying to downplay the quality of the courses, but for me personally “no” i don’t think prolonged putting was necessary. the practice green was faster than the greens on clive and dye, my guess is because of the rain. i saw far more putts left short than blown by the hole. i do agree there was value in chipping and pitching to get a feel for turf interaction. it helped me on day 1. day 2 i had less time to warm up and i feel like it showed in short game issues. but that could have been accomplished on the range too. just my $0.02

Fittings were done differently than in years past. Wedges have been out, so instead, they were part of the full swing if someone wanted them to be. Add in an apparel presentation during fitting day and everybody had 1 hour stations.

Fittings were done differently than in years past. Wedges have been out, so instead, they were part of the full swing if someone wanted them to be. Add in an apparel presentation during fitting day and everybody had 1 hour stations.
To my eye as I followed along the fitting adjustments worked well and were an improvement from prior years.

Back