LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

i feel like I’m prepared having been though it, but I don’t think I am. I’m really looking forward to sitting back and watch this guys get spoiled beyond belief. kind of a proud dad moment. These guys have been working hard to bring everyone along for the ride and it will be on full display shortly.

im going back through this thread and this post rings true today. I thought I was ready for the event and it hit me harder than I was expecting.

Also this team killed it and continues to provide feedback where they can. Things are a little different right now, but I have no doubt once golf can be played regularly, the thoughts and comments will flow.

im going back through this thread and this post rings true today. I thought I was ready for the event and it hit me harder than I was expecting.

Also this team killed it and continues to provide feedback where they can. Things are a little different right now, but I have no doubt once golf can be played regularly, the thoughts and comments will flow.
You were and are awesome.

Man, I miss my team mates so much. It's been a little over 3 months since the event and it feels like a lifetime. I experienced an event that a regular every day golfer really has no business being in 😀

Not a single day goes by that I don't think about how blessed I was to be able to go through 6 months if prep, getting to know my teammates, building up the anticipation, and finally getting to go to the greatest amateur event in all of golf. Every day.

@McLovin and @mikeg_74 were so emotionally invested in this team. Couldn't have picked a better pair of guys to lead us.

Man, I miss my team mates so much. It's been a little over 3 months since the event and it feels like a lifetime. I experienced an event that a regular every day golfer really has no business being in 😀

Not a single day goes by that I don't think about how blessed I was to be able to go through 6 months if prep, getting to know my teammates, building up the anticipation, and finally getting to go to the greatest amateur event in all of golf. Every day.

@McLovin and @mikeg_74 were so emotionally invested in this team. Couldn't have picked a better pair of guys to lead us.
Love comments like this and a few others from those who were part of the Grandaddy team in 2019. As the excitement for 2020 builds, it's important to take time to reflect on what has come before, and the people who have made this event what it is today. The 2019 group has done such an amazing job of continuing to spread the Grandaddy by being engaged with this entire community. They have built upon what others have started, and have continued to raise the bar!

20200401_183914.jpg

I played two round of golf this weekend and have realized that I am head over heels in love with my Grandaddy set of clubs. Lets break it down starting at the top.

The 10.5* Standard Mavrik Driver.

20200421_182704.jpg

It is beutiful.

20200406_130421.jpg

It fits me perfectly.

20200425_183148 (3).jpg

Bombs.

My Mavrik 15* Sub Zero 3 wood is waiting for another chance at the bag while I tinker with my Super Hybrids.

20200113_172126.jpg

Super Hybrids

20200401_183926.jpg

I have a Super Hybrid addiction apparently. They fit me so good that I am having trouble picking which two will stay in the bag long term.

The Apex Pro irons paired with the Modus 120 shafts are the perfect mix of looks, feel and performance. I have hit some amazing shots with these irons and my scores are trending down with several looks at birdie per round.

View attachment Apex pro 8 iron.mp4

Jaws Wedges. The 58 X grind is capable of making me a magician around the green. I just need to keep working on my act. The 54 S grind is great from the bunker, full shots and the tweeners.

20200401_185640.jpg

The Bird of Prey has changed me from a god awful putter to a not so bad putter LOL.

20200119_103724.jpg

I have memories of the event that will be with me forever but having this amazing set of clubs to play with is the gift that keeps on giving. I want to thank THP and Callaway golf from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to attend this once of a lifetime event.

Last edited:
This is and always will be an event that i hope to participate in, Still Do! I am saddened for the turn of events but also know that it will live on and this pandemic will not win. I am blessed to be working full time for our Military around the world and able to do so from the house to stay healthy. My work has increased threefold since this thing began, long before the "shutdown".
THP is strong, @JB @GolferGal keep this rolling with new things every week. @Canadan @Jman @jdtox @MWard brining us new things every week, heel , every day it seems like. I get to listen in to some of the live streams between meetings and it calms me to know there is something coming down the road.
Thank you all for being here and suffering through my sarcastic sense of humor... #THPSTRONG #TEEOFFAGAINSTCOVID #steaksauce

I love that bag and all the memories behind it. I know we all play golf for various reasons, but just remember that when things aren't going well on the course, take a look at that bag and remind yourself it's just a game.

View attachment 8939760

I played two round of golf this weekend and have realized that I am head over heels in love with my Grandaddy set of clubs. Lets break it down starting at the top.

The 10.5* Standard Mavrik Driver.

View attachment 8939761

It is beutiful.

View attachment 8939762

It fits me perfectly.

View attachment 8939763

Bombs.

My Mavrik 15* Sub Zero 3 wood is waiting for another chance at the bag while I tinker with my Super Hybrids.

View attachment 8939764

Super Hybrids

View attachment 8939765

I have a Super Hybrid addiction apparently. They fit me so good that I am having trouble picking which two will stay in the bag long term.

The Apex Pro irons paired with the Modus 120 shafts are the perfect mix of looks, feel and performance. I have hit some amazing shots with these irons and my scores are trending down with several looks at birdie per round.

View attachment 8939766

Jaws Wedges. The 58 X grind is capable of making me a magician around the green. I just need to keep working on my act. The 54 S grind is great from the bunker, full shots and the tweeners.

View attachment 8939767

The Bird of Prey has changed me from a god awful putter to a not so bad putter LOL.

View attachment 8939768

I have memories of the event that will be with me forever but having this amazing set of clubs to play with is the gift that keeps on giving. I want to thank THP and Callaway golf from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to go on this once of a lifetime event.
Love that you’re able to get out and play right now and the the updates are fantastic. Those strikes look insane! Shows what a fitting from the best ca do for your game. Looking good my man!

@badolds that post was freaking awesome man! I was comparing my scores at the start of 2020 to my scores at the start of 2019, and things are absolutely trending in the right direction for me too. it's true I am working on my swing with a top-tier instructor, but based on the videos I haven't really been successful in changing much, so I attribute my better scores to these perfectly-fit clubs. I do chuckle a bit at "perfectly fit" because that means different things for different people. i'm straight off the rack in every single area of my grandaddy clubs except lie angles.

Playing some of the best golf I have ever played!!! Will be a fun year of golf whether it ever returns to normal or not.

Playing some of the best golf I have ever played!!! Will be a fun year of golf whether it ever returns to normal or not.

is that handicap in your profile accurate? 2.7?! have you ever been that low?

is that handicap in your profile accurate? 2.7?! have you ever been that low?
It is the lowest I have ever been.
Have to remember I can't play those long courses like you big dogs!!!! I keep at my 6250 range and under.
And I can still throw up high 80's unfortunately.

I got paired up with a Vietnamese guy named Doi yesterday. I do not speak a word of Vietnamese and his English was limited. I was bombing the Mavrik and nearly holed out on a par three with my Apex Pro 8 iron. He noticed my full bag of Callaway clubs and asked how I liked them. I told him the story of THP and the Grandaddy of them all. It took several attempts but after a few holes Doi was up to speed about THP and the Grandaddy. I know he understood because he asked the same questions everybody else does like how much does it cost to join THP and what was the catch?

It is such a joy to tell people about this forum and the wonderful events that are available to its members.

I got paired up with a Vietnamese guy named Doi yesterday. I do not speak a word of Vietnamese and his English was limited. I was bombing the Mavrik and nearly holed out on a par three with my Apex Pro 8 iron. He noticed my full bag of Callaway clubs and asked how I liked them. I told him the story of THP and the Grandaddy of them all. It took several attempts but after a few holes Doi was up to speed about THP and the Grandaddy. I know he understood because he asked the same questions everybody else does like how much does it cost to join THP and what was the catch?

It is such a joy to tell people about this forum and the wonderful events that are available to its members.

Can't tell how many people i have shared the THP life with. They are amazed when they check it out.

i haven’t been able to play as much as I had hoped to so far this year due to a lot of obvious reasons. But nonetheless there’s still yet to be a day that goes by that I don’t think about this event. It’s usually just a flashback of a memory here or there or I’m reminded of the insanity that went on every time I look my bag full of beautiful new equipment (Yes it still looks brand new haha).

I have a lot to be thankful for through this whole mess but the grandaddy event last December is something that’ll never leave me and I’ll always be thankful that I was able to experience.

Sometimes it’s the little things in life that make you smile, this is mine.

1590537282746.jpeg

now all I need is some sausage and cheese right @JB

You know this man.
We have some cool things coming up @mikeg_74 and you and I need to play some golf.

have clubs and will travel! Just throw out the THP baT signal when it’s time.

Dude, did you commandeer Gatorade cans from the course and bring them home? :ROFLMAO:

6 months post event and I still miss it every day. I enjoy chatting with teammates every day and hoping a few of us will be able to get together for some golf this year.
Have to thank Callaway for the wonderful equipment that is definitely helping my game!!! Personnel best score of under par, lowest HC I'ver ever had and golf is fun.
The best thing though is the memories, have those every day to reflect on.
Thanks THP for making it possible for me last year to enjoy the best event ever.

I received a late birthday present from my wife today and think it turned out beautiful. Memories. Thanks to @radiman for the original picture.
B7F6A930-F498-4F58-8DFC-C09549A119D1.jpeg

looking back on the changes in the industry, i’m just so thankful our team had the opportunity to sit at a round table with unbridled access to so many titans in the industry. that never would have been possible without the grandaddy.

looking back on the changes in the industry, i’m just so thankful our team had the opportunity to sit at a round table with unbridled access to so many titans in the industry. that never would have been possible without the grandaddy.
Still blows my mind. So much knowledge condensed into one space. And I am not talking about the space between my ears, lol.

Not a day goes by that this experience doesn’t cross my mind. I have daily chats with teammates and they keep me laughing and smiling. For whatever reason a pic got sent in our chat and @HarryPotter took full advantage to make me laugh again. Was hilarious when I opened it. The relationships built from this event can last a lifetime if you put it in the work to maintain them.
2CA43CC2-9CAE-4E6A-ABD2-6B22FE0D7DBC.jpeg
7CBE3798-1903-4DB4-9C64-EA874A78B013.jpeg

Not a day goes by that this experience doesn’t cross my mind. I have daily chats with teammates and they keep me laughing and smiling. For whatever reason a pic got sent in our chat and @HarryPotter took full advantage to make me laugh again. Was hilarious when I opened it. The relationships built from this event can last a lifetime if you put it in the work to maintain them.
View attachment 8951085
View attachment 8951086

this pic would be better if you were sweatpants instead. "better"

Back