2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I know there's a lot of challenges right now for most of us to get to a gym, get outside, and just in general, but let's find a way to finish March strong!

Yes! Yoga studio my wife and I go to has stopped classes in person, but is streaming all the classes online which is great, and we'll continue to attend, virtually, just to help out a local business. There are a lot pf places doing this, if you want to find some, check out the Mindbody app. They have lots of resources for local places, including schedules and the ability register for classes in the app.

Otherwise, there are a couple of really good bodyweight workout plans out there, that can be done as long as you have a door, and enough space to stretch out on the floor somewhere.

This site has the assorted progressions, and some routines for people that are interested:

Last edited:
Yes! Yoga studio my wife and I go to has stopped classes in person, but is streaming all the classes online which is great, and we'll continue to attend, virtually, just to help out a local business. There are a lot pf places doing this, if you want to find some, check out the Mindbody app. They have lots of resources for local places, including schedules and the ability register for classes in the app.

Otherwise, there are a couple of really good bodyweight workout plans out there, that can be done as long as you have a door, and enough space to stretch out on the floor somewhere.
Thanks for the tip on the online classes, and the tip on the Mindbody app 👊

That's what I've been doing here lately, a lot of bodyweight workouts. Been doing at least 150 pushups per day, and recently started a dumbbell routine that works the full body. I've been doing that 4 times per week, and I think it will help me push myself passed my current comfort zone. Lot of options out there!

New challenge here, i had been making my self get a lift and some cardio in each time I went to the range or played 9 holes (3ish times a week). But my club has closed the fitness center. Gotta find a way to pick that up where it got left.

New challenge here, i had been making my self get a lift and some cardio in each time I went to the range or played 9 holes (3ish times a week). But my club has closed the fitness center. Gotta find a way to pick that up where it got left.
I've been on the lookout for some good bodyweight exercise programs, so I'll pass along anything good that I happen to find. Also been doing some dumbbell workout, but not sure if you have those available.

One thing I've see a real difference in has been doing 150 pushups a day. My chest and arms are noticeably stronger, and I can do a set of 50 in a row, instead of 20-25 when I first started in November. I saw a huge jump when I went from 100 to 150 per day. Just one option that has worked really well for me!

Continuing morning and evening dog walks. Yard work was ok until i tried edging for the first time this year. Back got a little sore from that.

Daily walks and playing 9 holes when the course is open.

Just keep working towards your goal! You have a fun trip out there in December that should provide some motivation!

Glad I've seen all 3 members of the 2020 Grandaddy team in here so far! Captain @MattyD-MPLS has been missing for a while in here. But I saw he was doing some 30 oz. curls to celebrate, so I'm sure he's still on track!
Got a little distracted but I am back on the program.

Continuing morning and evening dog walks. Yard work was ok until i tried edging for the first time this year. Back got a little sore from that.
Keep at it! Glad to see you can get outside and enjoy a little bit!

Got a little distracted but I am back on the program.
You have a team to captain now, no more getting distracted! :ROFLMAO: Keep working though, glad you are back at it!

Off day!!! Albeit poorly planned... looks like I might get rained out tomorrow.

Off day!!! Albeit poorly planned... looks like I might get rained out tomorrow.
Always some stuff you can do inside 😉Running in place is boring, but one heck of a workout!

Always some stuff you can do inside 😉Running in place is boring, but one heck of a workout!

Depending on how much damage I’m looking to inflict, I may dust off one of the P90x discs...

Depending on how much damage I’m looking to inflict, I may dust off one of the P90x discs...
I remember those being difficult when I did them 10 years ago right out of college. Not even thinking about them right now, but I'm not the one training for a big outing later this year. I think you need to do it for team THP!

Hit on the sim a ton tonight.. Finally figuring something out with my swing and my finger is doing much better!

Hit on the sim a ton tonight.. Finally figuring something out with my swing and my finger is doing much better!
Happy to hear that! Hopefully you can keep building on that going forward!

3 days in a row rowing 5 km. Also walked jogged a few miles with my wife today.

Current goal: To get back into the shape I was in when I was out of shape.

That gallbladder surgery took a lot more out of me than I anticipated (besides my gallbladder, I mean). It's been a long, slow grind to any kind of improvement.

3 days in a row rowing 5 km. Also walked jogged a few miles with my wife today.

Current goal: To get back into the shape I was in when I was out of shape.

That gallbladder surgery took a lot more out of me than I anticipated (besides my gallbladder, I mean). It's been a long, slow grind to any kind of improvement.
Glad to see you back at it!

Just played 18 and now spending time with the kiddos outside

Yoga yesterday, and walked 9 holes. Going to have to try to find a workout routine I like that I can do in the house.

Push ups and some more yard work yesterday. It was sunny outside and got to near 70, still very windy and wet out though from all the rain we've had. Felt good to get outside again and get ready for spring. Walking around picking up sticks, leaves, etc. was a good leg workout, and by the end I could tell my legs got some good work in.

Here's to another good week for everyone, and a good end to March!

It's important to keep your body in shape, however previously most of the times, I couldn't go often to the gym so I've decided to make a contribution to it. Searching through Google brought me to an article that can perfectly describe how and which products can help with my problem. Turn out L-Citrulline can help with it and since there are a lot of pros that it consist I think I should try it. So basically l-citrulline increases nitric oxide but not only this. It helps with endurance and blood flow that perfectly suits for pre-workout benefits... How do you think guys?

Last edited:
I had to lead a remote planning session all day today so I'm going out to soak up a little sunlight then hitting the garage range.

I had to lead a remote planning session all day today so I'm going out to soak up a little sunlight then hitting the garage range.
I've been working out of the basement office, so at the end of the day I need a little sunlight and fresh air!

Hows the finger holding up with all this golf?

I've been working out of the basement office, so at the end of the day I need a little sunlight and fresh air!

Hows the finger holding up with all this golf?
So far so good but I'm still using the reverse overlap grip until the bruising and tenderness is gone. The grip is a little awkward but I've been able to play decent enough with it

Alright, for April I'm going to try a bit of a push up challenge. I currently do 150 per day. I'm going to try to up it to 200 each day during April. Who else wants to join me in this challenge? Your goal could be 100, 10, 1. It doesn't matter. Set a goal and try to teach it each day during April!

Back