2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Adding my 6i results, again CSX TT on top:
View attachment 8928177
I was perplexed so I reached out to @rehbirdie to get his thoughts. Responded in less than 5 minutes.

“Hi Mark, I saw your post and it does look like the RX outperformed through when you note that your swing speed was 2.5 mph slower.

CS 89.1 swing speed - 130.6 Ball Speed - 1.47 Smash - 238.8 yards
RX 86.6 swing speed - 128.2 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 233.0 yards

If you extrapolate out to similar swing speeds then...
RX 89.1 swing speed - 131.9 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 244.5 yards

Your spins numbers were WAY better with the RX as well. You don’t ever want to be moving toward anything in the 3000s on driver.”

To say that put me at ease is understatement.
Man, this such a “New Bridgestone” I cannot really believe it.
Thank you and Welcome Back!

That is what a couple of THPers noted. The biggest difference being swing speed, and of course construction. Getting less spin our of RX makes a lot of sense based on construction, as it should be the lower spin ball (closer to CS than CSX in that realm).

That is what a couple of THPers noted. The biggest difference being swing speed, and of course construction. Getting less spin our of RX makes a lot of sense based on construction, as it should be the lower spin ball (closer to CS than CSX in that realm).

#FairwayFinder

Hope those of you who were able to get out this weekend enjoyed the new TOUR B! I event got in a round with them. Hadn’t played much this year but had the itch on launch weekend!

Going to be a fun year and look forward to more feedback from you guys!

Hoping to find some of these over here in the UK sometime soon so that once the weather improves I can give them a try at my home course and see if they can beat out the opposition currently in my bag

Even though I don't have a need to go out and get another dozen golf balls since have almost 3 dozen of the previous Bridgestone Tour B X and about 2 dozen Snell balls, I want to try these out so will more than likely pick up a dozen this week.

Even though I don't have a need to go out and get another dozen golf balls since have almost 3 dozen of the previous Bridgestone Tour B X and about 2 dozen Snell balls, I want to try these out so will more than likely pick up a dozen this week.
I really really want you to, too.

The difference is, IME, noticeable.

@JB and I had a convo in Chicago about them, and for me, the biggest place I have seen a difference is with the RX, it into greens now is (for what I want to see) insanely more playable in combo with what it already offers off of the tee. The X I haven't seen that much change into greens, and I'm betting when I get things dried out to get the LM out it'll b a hundred or two hundred RPM's into greens. The XS now, off the tee, its viability seems to have increased in terms of I'm seeing more distance there than I used to.

There is a lot to be intrigued about by these. They're messing with my noggin to be totally honest.

I really really want you to, too.

The difference is, IME, noticeable.

@JB and I had a convo in Chicago about them, and for me, the biggest place I have seen a difference is with the RX, it into greens now is (for what I want to see) insanely more playable in combo with what it already offers off of the tee. The X I haven't seen that much change into greens, and I'm betting when I get things dried out to get the LM out it'll b a hundred or two hundred RPM's into greens. The XS now, off the tee, its viability seems to have increased in terms of I'm seeing more distance there than I used to.

There is a lot to be intrigued about by these. They're messing with my noggin to be totally honest.

I am looking forward to comparing X to RX. Current X is a great ball for me, and new one will likely be a good option as well. But I would like to play a yellow ball. :cool: Cheering for RX.

I compared the RXS and the XS on TrackMan (and I am growing increasingly disenchanted with TrackMan, fwiw).
I hit pw, 7 iron, hybrid, 3 wood and driver. My swing was not great, having played the day before and having done a heavy workout a couple of hours before my comparison. However, the pattern that I saw emerge is that the RXS spun a couple hundred rpms less than the XS. That’s about it. Here are a couple of comparisons of 7 iron and a hybrid. Although it says “7 iron” and “6 iron,” they were both 7 iron. Same with the hybrid.

358228FA-43D5-4637-821A-DF97020CA519.pngEDC157E4-1332-44BF-A35F-E5873563E0A7.png

I just picked these up for my round Friday. After playing the BX this weekend for 2 rounds, I think the RX is going to be in the Goldilocks zone for me.
F8ADECF2-464A-453A-9A86-B1ECCDB36616.jpeg

anyone have an in hand pic of the yellow?

Adding my 6i results, again CSX TT on top:
View attachment 8928177
I was perplexed so I reached out to @rehbirdie to get his thoughts. Responded in less than 5 minutes.

“Hi Mark, I saw your post and it does look like the RX outperformed through when you note that your swing speed was 2.5 mph slower.

RX 86.6 swing speed - 128.2 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 233.0 yards

If you extrapolate out to similar swing speeds then...
RX 89.1 swing speed - 131.9 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 244.5 yards

Your spins numbers were WAY better with the RX as well. You don’t ever want to be moving toward anything in the 3000s on driver.”

To say that put me at ease is understatement.
Man, this such a “New Bridgestone” I cannot really believe it.
Thank you and Welcome Back!

Anytime! Always happy to clear up any questions about golf ball performance.

I took the BRX to the chipping green today and loved it. I was surprised by how much spin the RX had around the green. I was hoping it spun as much as ProV1 around the green and felt it was actually more. Next time that I am practicing my chipping, I am comparing the new RX to the 2019 BX. I found those to perform around the green fine but that I didn’t like the feel. I will be interested in green side if the ‘20 RX has the same or more spin than the ‘19 BX.

I will play my first round with the new RX on Saturday. I was more than impressed with how they performed on short shots. Honestly, a little baffled because I didn’t expect them to spin as much as they did.

Played with the new RX today. Was going to switch to the RXS at the turn but stayed with the RX. It was straight like the old one but definitely has short game spin now. I had no problem throwing them into greens. And the durability is excellent. I typically cut an XV with my wedge by the end of the round but the RX I used today looks brand new. Thumbs up so far.

@JB
So the day was good, sorta...lol. We played the course at 6200 give or take and the only thing that was not give or take was the constant 20-30 mph winds in North Texas today. We teed off at 9am from the first hole, par 4, I hit a 4 iron to about 135 out, dead not the wind, smooth 8 and first green hit. but this ball spins. the greens here are awesome and the course had just reopened last summer. undulating greens and all are elevated and they roll true and fast.
Back to the RXS.....the ball Felt AMAZING. I like the feel off the Driver, the 3 wood was a bomb and the putter felt great. That being said, there were times where i absolutely over worked the ball. I felt like there were some shots where i absolutely over compressed and It went left fast.
here is the skinny from todays round.
I hit 9 of 14 fairways
GIR was 10
But i shot 80 on a par 71
When i missed the free it was small miss and mostly due to over rotating the ball in the wind or standing it up short of the green. Saving grace was that i never had more than 2 putts on a green all day. That to me was one thing about the RXS was how well i could lag and the feel of the ball off my putter. I am looking hard for a ball to play instead of ball hoping 3 or 4 times a year. I am not sure the RXS is the one, I may need the RX or the X.
Playing the OL today too and the irons were very comfortable in the wind, smooth swing and most of the over rotation was with woods and putting my in an area where i could recover, but would i have been there in less wind?
I have to try the Other side of the ball offering to make up my mind, I was to play the Bridgestones but i have to find the right one to standardize my game for the year.

I am thinking that my only recourse is to buy some of each and go to PGASS and get #'s. I tend to like real world testing on the course though....

and yes, i also picked up a cube yard of top soil and spread it this afternoon..

Last edited:
I have my dozen RXS sharpied up and ready to go for Friday

Have some #NewTourB RXS balls coming. After playing with the new RX for about 3 weeks now, looking forward to putting the RXS through the paces to see how they compare. Have hit one a few times that a friend had and really liked it, especially in comparison to all prior versions of the RXS that I have tried. Seemed to be a little firmer and longer than I remember the other RXS balls being, which are huge positives to me.

Have some #NewTourB RXS balls coming. After playing with the new RX for about 3 weeks now, looking forward to putting the RXS through the paces to see how they compare. Have hit one a few times that a friend had and really liked it, especially in comparison to all prior versions of the RXS that I have tried. Seemed to be a little firmer and longer than I remember the other RXS balls being, which are huge positives to me.
Sweet! How'd you like the RX? That is the ball I was fit to, will be giving those a shot soon. Have the new Q-Stars to try out as well.

Sweet! How'd you like the RX? That is the ball I was fit to, will be giving those a shot soon. Have the new Q-Stars to try out as well.

The RX balls are tremendous. Of course, I have played every single version of the RX that Bridgestone has ever created as my main gamer so no surprise that I love the new version.

I played with the BXS today. AMAZING!!! That ball spins...

Back