2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I wonder how these have done in the first days on the market? Seems to be a lot of justifiable hype surrounding this release. Excited to hear as more get them out on the course.

Played 27 holes with the new tour b x. Those 27 holes were on 2 executive courses (1 being a pitch and putt).

Driver: not used. I did use my 5 wood on the par 4 (255 yards) and drove the green. Need more time with long clubs to get a feel

Mid irons: Felt really good. Definitely a firm ball, but felt great off the face. Did fine in the wind. Need to do more testing about for spin.

Short irons: Easy to flight. Again need more testing for a spin into greens.

Wedges: Had quite a bit of greenside spin. Seemed easy to control. Quite a few tap in pars. Longer wedge shots in I felt could of had more spin, but I think that is my strike.

Putting: Firm ball with soft cover feel. I liked it. New line up line isn't as prominent as the older one.

So far I've liked the ball. Did well in the wind. Need more testing for irons into greens and long clubs. I felt like those partial wedge shots could of had a little more bite, but greenside I could get bite pretty easy. The few long shots I had went through the wind no problem and felt great.

I went to Van’s (Worldwide Golf) to get some yellow RX and they only had RXS in yellow, so I drove to Dicks and picked them up.

I didn’t get to play today and only had time to chip in the backyard. I took my 2019 BX, 2019 e12 soft and the new ‘20 RX outside just to get the feel. They were exactly what I hoped for in up to 20 yard chips: they felt and sounded in between the two balls. I have no idea yet on performance, but sound and feel was great.

I am not saying that the ‘19 BX performed like a Top Flite from my shag bag, but that is the sound and feel I got on chips around my backyard and it turned me off. I used them on the course a few rounds last year and they performed adequately, but I swing on the borderline too slow to play those, I think.

I can’t wait to get to the practice green tomorrow and put the RX up against the prov1, which is my favorite ball to chip with.

I went to try the 2020 RX at Club Champion on Friday.
Strange results. Better Smash Factor, slower ball speed, less spin and less distance with 2020 RX.
Top results are with 2019 CSX TT and Bottom is 2020 RX. I regret not a putting XV to the test.
9CBDDF7B-881D-4175-B072-1108BBB441FA.jpeg

Didn’t know Freddie Couples looked that much like John S haha ;)

Freddie and I are often mistaken for the each other!! Well, except his is taller, smoother, good looking, has a amazing golf swing and has a boat load of money. Other than that we are practically twins!!

I’m half way through my round with the BX and so far it feels a bit firmer to me than the prior generation on full shots. It is also very wet out here today so I’m not swinging as hard, which may be what I am feeling. I think The RX is going to be the ball I get fit with next weekend, but we shall see!

I have gamed the RX and RXS. I didn't note any increased firmness with the RX over previous generations but did with the RXS. I like the new RXS better than any of the prior generations I have tried but still prefer, and will game, the RX.

The back 9 on my round today was much drier, so I was able to swing a bit more aggressively and my score and performance improved. I was able to work the RX a bit more. I still think that the ball feels a touch firmer off the tee than the ‘18 version, but you can still tell that the two balls are from the same bloodline.

But where the 2020 version excelled, for me, was on approach shots and around the green. The amount of spin these get are incredible. I was getting balls to check and stop at will, to the point that I was using my 60 and firing right at the pin, when usually I would play a 56 and play for some roll out. The same characteristics off the tee are there, low spin long distance. But around the green the spin is there when you need it. The hype is real.

My biggest takeaway from today is the need to go through the VFIT process again with the new line of balls. Last November, it recommended the BX and it made a huge difference for me over the XS (which was the recommended ball doing the question based fitting). My swing speed has decreased a bit since I have been rebuilding it to be more controlled. I am pretty sure that this time, I will be fit for the RX and I am really excited about it.

I had my first lesson today with an instructor I actually see eye to eye with ( just an introductory meeting ) and low and behold I find myself hitting the new Tour B's. She had a few boxes of all different models and I ended up hitting each one. Really love the feel of these across the range and could definitely tell the difference, just in a bit of the sound difference. Can't wait to see what I get fitted with next week. Excitement to game these things is high.

I hit both the XS and RXS on TrackMan today. Honestly, my swing was garbage, but I could not really tell much of a difference between the two balls, other than the RXS felt a little softer. Based on launch monitor data input into the Bridgestone website, I am supposed to play the XS, but I think both of these balls spin too much. Further testing is warranted.

Strange results. Better Smash Factor, slower ball speed, less spin and less distance with 2020 RX.
Top results are with 2019 CSX TT and Bottom is 2020 RX. I regret not a putting XV to the test.
View attachment 8928009

Swing speed is the driver of the ball speed/distance difference though. If swing speed was equal in both scenarios then 2020 RX would have both a higher ball speed and greater distance than CSX.

If swing speed was equal in both scenarios then 2020 RX would have both a higher ball speed and greater distance than CSX.

Why do you say this? If I understand your statement, you are saying the 2020 RX is inherently a better ball than CSX. If so, why?

Why do you say this? If I understand your statement, you are saying the 2020 RX is inherently a better ball than CSX. If so, why?

The swing speed was 89.1 mph avg. with CSX vs. 86.6 mph on TourB RX, 2.5 mph down. Yet, ball speed was only 2 mph down on RX. Only a couple shots to go off of here, but extrapolating if you had the same swing speed, the TourB X should be 1.48* 2.5 mph faster, or about 131.9 which would be faster than CS.

View attachment 8928009

not comparing the balls overall, just for the trackman results he showed. Swing speed on the RX was almost 3 mph lower than the CSX. If the swing speed was equal and other stats remained constant (spin/launch angle/smash) then it would have resulted with higher ball speed and distance.

Last edited:
Was able to play 18 today in the cold and wind. 54 holes now on this Tour BRX and still ready for more. It’s a durable ball, no question.
DF680B8B-D1E7-4297-8711-2EC01C9FECB6.jpeg

75746962-4F67-4C36-850C-B2201CD712AF.jpeg
C3B35AEE-1646-4A21-A8C5-FEC1E87FFF3B.jpeg

Hope those of you who were able to get out this weekend enjoyed the new TOUR B! I event got in a round with them. Hadn’t played much this year but had the itch on launch weekend!

Going to be a fun year and look forward to more feedback from you guys!28B6F35E-3B9A-4986-964A-D042E7F9F88F.jpeg

I am heading out tomorrow morning with the RXS. WE shall see the how the OL meets the RXS at a course i have only played once.

I am heading out tomorrow morning with the RXS. WE shall see the how the OL meets the RXS at a course i have only played once.
Looking forward to your thoughts

I think I converted my brother today. He loved the B-XS I handed him

Looking forward to your thoughts

I will post tomorrow afternoon sometime as I have promised to pick up a yard topsoil on the way home, My penitence for playing lol. I will spread topsoil on the yard with pre-emergents and Bermuda seed before i will be get on line......

View attachment 8928009

Adding my 6i results, again CSX TT on top:
FD038649-F1D5-4028-ACCB-346582A272AE.jpeg
I was perplexed so I reached out to @rehbirdie to get his thoughts. Responded in less than 5 minutes.

“Hi Mark, I saw your post and it does look like the RX outperformed through when you note that your swing speed was 2.5 mph slower.

CS 89.1 swing speed - 130.6 Ball Speed - 1.47 Smash - 238.8 yards
RX 86.6 swing speed - 128.2 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 233.0 yards

If you extrapolate out to similar swing speeds then...
CS 89.1 swing speed - 130.6 Ball Speed - 1.47 Smash - 238.8 yards
RX 89.1 swing speed - 131.9 Ball Speed - 1.48 Smash - 244.5 yards

Your spins numbers were WAY better with the RX as well. You don’t ever want to be moving toward anything in the 3000s on driver.”

To say that put me at ease is understatement.
Man, this such a “New Bridgestone” I cannot really believe it.
Thank you and Welcome Back!

Back