2020 The Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra PUMA Golf Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I am in on the round for Thursday. :cool:👊
Awesome. We have three tee times between 2:00 and 2:30. Glad you're able to make it!

anyone flying Southwest, go rebook your flight. Just got a $190 credit for future use and booked the same exact flight

I'm on house arrest (quarantine) for at least two weeks from the base. Could be as long as four. I don't have the virus just a precaution from DoD. So I've got some time to brush up on the swing and actually get some work done. Looking forward to this and hopefully not make an idiot of myself. This is still going to be a blast. Anyone else get two weeks in the penalty box?

I'm on house arrest (quarantine) for at least two weeks from the base. Could be as long as four. I don't have the virus just a precaution from DoD. So I've got some time to brush up on the swing and actually get some work done. Looking forward to this and hopefully not make an idiot of myself. This is still going to be a blast. Anyone else get two weeks in the penalty box?
Waiting for our base to issue it as well, but nothing yet.

I'm just keeping an eye on things here. Currently our Foreign Office has advised against all non-essential travel for a period of 30 days initially so will just have to see.

All depends as well as to whether Mr Trump will allow me in, especially as I'll be coming in via Amsterdam where my first connection is. May have to cancel and rebook to fly directly in from London, but will play it by ear.

In my view of course, getting to the MC definitely counts as essential travel....

I'm just keeping an eye on things here. Currently our Foreign Office has advised against all non-essential travel for a period of 30 days initially so will just have to see.

All depends as well as to whether Mr Trump will allow me in, especially as I'll be coming in via Amsterdam where my first connection is. May have to cancel and rebook to fly directly in from London, but will play it by ear.

In my view of course, getting to the MC definitely counts as essential travel....
At this point I think we are all hoping this will all be over by then and we can all go but who knows what life will be like 2 months from now.

At this point I think we are all hoping this will all be over by then and we can all go but who knows what life will be like 2 months from now.
I sure hope the worst of this is over in 2 months. 🤞🤞🤞

Absolutely agreed, far as I'm concerned I'm coming and that's the end of it 🤜

So true. Who knows where we will be in two months. The priority remains that everyone stay healthy and we take all steps to contain, reduce and eliminate this virus.

Don't worry about making an "idiot" of yourself. I will be carrying that torch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't worry about making an "idiot" of yourself. I will be carrying that torch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I will be assisting with the carrying of said torch :LOL:

Friday Practice Rounds are setup;

$65 Links Course includes cart

Five tee times starting at 10:30 - 9 min intervals 11:06 is the last tee time.
Do we pay now or when we get there? Also how are the times gonna work as in who goes at what time?

and thanks for setting this up!!

Do we pay now or when we get there? Also how are the times gonna work as in who goes at what time?

and thanks for setting this up!!

Pay at the course - you'll also pay for the Wee Course (short/par 4 course) if you're doing that - I believe it's $50 for all you can play.

If there are any changes, I'll need to cancel 48 hours in advance so as not to be charged. I figured Captain's would have a say in who plays together depending on arrival times

Great! Thanks for setting this up. 👊

the links seems like it would be an absolute riot.

Thanks man!

anyone flying Southwest, go rebook your flight. Just got a $190 credit for future use and booked the same exact flight
Thanks for the heads up! I got a $245 credit.

I'm on house arrest (quarantine) for at least two weeks from the base. Anyone else get two weeks in the penalty box?
I sure hope the worst of this is over in 2 months. 🤞🤞🤞
I am also in quarantine mode for two weeks. I am optimistic that we will be good to go on MC come May. The alternative scenario that the country is still on lock down in mid-May is not worth worrying about at this time. If it is, we will likely have much bigger things to worry about.

Thanks @OITW for setting up the practice rounds! I can’t wait to get my clubs and meet everyone.

did you just cancel your current reservation and rebook?
No, just changed it. On Southwest you can change with no fees. If you paid for EarlyBird, as long as you just change and not cancel, Earlybird stays with your confirmation number.

Back