My goals for 2021:

1. Keep having fun while playing.
2. Lower my cap from 25.3 to 18.

Becoming a bogey golfer is my firmly in my crosshairs.
I'm positive you'll accomplish #1 playing with the AZ THP Crew, and very confident that you'll get #2 as well!

Mine for 2021:

1. Have as much fun as possible.
2. Match this year's number of rounds (at least 150).
3. Get handicap below 15.
4. Play in at least one AZ THP Event.

Oh, and I'll add "Break 80 at least once".

I want to shoot 68. It’s ambitious, but, I think I can do it.

Same as last year but I’m going to add a handicap component

shoot a round in the 70s. (1 in 2020)
Have a 9 at par or better (0 in 2020)

Oh, and I'll add "Break 80 at least once".

Count me in on wanting to break 80 at least once...

That was a 2020 goal for me but I didn't get there. Shot a 40/40-80 and a few 9 hole rounds in the 30s, but didn't get to 79.

Count me in on wanting to break 80 at least once...

That was a 2020 goal for me but I didn't get there. Shot a 40/40-80 and a few 9 hole rounds in the 30s, but didn't get to 79.
I shot 81 twice and 80 twice this year, with a few 82s. So close, but melted down somewhere every time to nix it.

I shot 81 twice and 80 twice this year, with a few 82s. So close, but melted down somewhere every time to nix it.

My 80 was a bit smoke-and-mirrors... I only hit 5 GIR, just got up/down from a few ridiculous spots and had one of those days where it seemed like every putt I looked at went in the hole. I had 28 total putts.

I think my best stretch of golf for the year was a 9 hole round where I shot 38 (par is 36). 1 birdie, 5 pars, 3 bogeys, hit 6 of 9 greens. Best of all, I was playing one of my best friends, with whom I've had a friendly competition for about 10 years now where he usually kicks my @$$, but I beat him like a rented mule... I think he shot 45 or worse.

I think in 2021 I’m going to try to address and reduce my Over the Top issues. I’m seriously considering lessons for the first time since 2002.

I’m hoping to break 80 again. My best this year was 82.

I’m going to finally tee it up with THPer in 2021. Probably more than once. Would love to fully experience an Experience also.

I'm nervous about it, but I kind of want to shorten and shallow out my swing a bit.

I had my swing taken apart on a thread this month, it kind of freaked me out. I knew I was probably giving up some distance but I don't think I have the time to devote to that type of change.

I had my swing taken apart on a thread this month, it kind of freaked me out. I knew I was probably giving up some distance but I don't think I have the time to devote to that type of change.
I wouldn't put much stock into that.

remember in 2019 when I said all I wanted was a hole in one?

Yeah, eff that. I'm over it. :ROFLMAO:
Work on fixing that high ball flight.

1. Continue to have fun
2. Golf with some new THPers @GoldenBuff has invited me to Montana @Muchmore18 is there also.
3. Keep the cap in single digits.
4. Play some more new to me courses.
5. There is more but drawing a blank right now.

- play golf with another THPer
- shoot an even par round (best is 1 over par, twice)
- my index finished 2020 at 8.3. I want to stay in single digits through 2021
- I posted 47 scores in 2020. I want that to be at least 60 in 2021
- my scoring average in 2020 was 82.6. I want that average to be 80 or lower in 2021

2021 Goals:
  • Get stronger
  • Increase my swing speed by 10mph or higher
  • Get into The Grandaddy 🙃
  • Conquer my fear of fairway woods.

1. Get my cap to under 5.0
2. Break Par. 73 last year with silly mistakes so very possible
3. Do THP proud in December
4. Be a great teammate in December
The last two I'm thinking very much about, it's hard not to

my goal is to be a more consistent golfer, especially with my irons, which have gone in the toilet this year

dream stuff:
- hole in one (never done)
- put one in from the fairway (never done)
- shoot under 80 for the first time in 10 years.

1. Get back down to a 6 handicap
2. Make the top 4 of our league Match Play championship
3. Make our courses Ryder Cup style team.
4. Get my kids to the course at least 4 times a month.
5. Truly have fun the whole season.

1. Get my handicap to a 2.5 or lower.
2. Shoot 3 rounds under par.
3. Play in a qualifier for the State Am or Mid-Am just to try it.
4. Win our club Championship.

my goal is to be a more consistent golfer, especially with my irons, which have gone in the toilet this year

dream stuff:
- hole in one (never done)
- put one in from the fairway (never done)
- shoot under 80 for the first time in 10 years.
I gave up on the HIO as a goal a long time ago. I figure it'll happen when it happens (or not!), and probably when I least expect it. It'll probably end up being off a dead shank that kills a bird, bounces off a rock, skips across a water hazard, bounces through a bunker and is headed 20 yards past the hole until it glances off the stick and falls in. :ROFLMAO:

2021 isn't going to be about my game. It's going to be about sharing the game.

I have a 10 year old grandson that is totally wrapped up in everything GOLF. Since breaking my wrist a few months back, all I do is walk 5-6 holes a few times a week with him and watch him play. There is a common bond between us that I have never experienced before with anyone.

I take a stand back approach when it comes to swing advice because he has a very competent "First Tee" swing instructor. Outside of building or buying his clubs, I only share my companionship and a little strategy advice when he does ask for it. He's beyond his years in humor, and we walk between holes while he talks smack about beating me when my wrist is healed.

He has a young female neighbor his age who wants to play the game, so I asked my daughter in law to talk to the kids mom and ask if it's OK if I giver her some clubs and pay for the the YMCA first Tee program for her.

He's at my house tonight for a golf sleep over and cleaned all our clubs even though I can't play. He plays his first actual 18 holes tomorrow with some of my golf buddies.

IMG_20201226_150226306.jpg

I ended this year with 7.6. Goals are to:
- improve iron game from 140-170 yards. Just too many missed greens.
- be in better overall shape, after hitting an all time peak weight on 12/26...
- keep having a blast playing with my friends
- a THP experience sure would be nice!

My typical goal preparation revolves around big trips and getting ready....So I have 16 rounds in Scotland on fabulous courses in 13 days in August...So my goal is to get in game shape for walking all of those and bringing a B+ game minimum.

This is a tough one. I still have all the passion in the world to get good at this game but I have to rein that in or the game becomes a focus of failure instead of a source of relaxation and enjoyment.

So I guess my goal in 2021 is to find a balance. I'd like to see my scoring and average differential drop at least a little - but not beat myself up if it doesn't.

1. Continue to have fun
2. Golf with some new THPers @GoldenBuff has invited me to Montana @Muchmore18 is there also.
3. Keep the cap in single digits.
4. Play some more new to me courses.
5. There is more but drawing a blank right now.

In regard to #2, I would tee it up with you anytime, sir. I’m in STL.

Back