Tour Event 2021 Pebble Beach Pro Am

I guess when I play a good round of golf I've never compared it to a pros bad round. I don’t hold a candle to any pro athlete. When I see a train wreck it does not bring me joy and again I don’t compare myself then to them.
I don't compare my game to them either. That comment was more about this one instance. Which BTW, I have never 4-putted (y)

Pebble has a tendencies to humble someone every year.....either the winds, the breaks on the green or not being able to hit the little greens when needed.

Sure I guess. I mean an entire forum is based on opinions by non pros. Lots of talk every week about players good and bad. Kind of the basis for the whole thing. I mean you shared an opinion about what color shirts people wear and should be photographed, but are not a fashion designer, right? Haha.

it’s all about enjoyment of the game we all share a passion for. The guy looked like a lot of us for a quick glimpse. We hear it every year at the us open.
Ok.
I’m not going to let my personal feelings get in the way due to knowing the guy. So you win.

Nice to see Berger win. Good for him.

Berger flies a little under the radar, and he has been solid this last year. He's very good at everything and finished 7th last year in official money and 6th in strokes gained.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 5.21.58 PM.png

Love that Berger won with a set of irons that were the first forum test I ever did with THP back in 2011.

I really enjoy hearing from Jordan. His interviews are so enlightening... he’s right there; he will win a major this year

Love that Berger won with a set of irons that were the first forum test I ever did with THP back in 2011.
I guess he didn’t get the memo from his OEM to play larger irons. (Sorry, couldn’t resist)

I really enjoy hearing from Jordan. His interviews are so enlightening... he’s right there; he will win a major this year

Hope so! He's gotta shoot better than -3 over the weekend (y)

I realize that Jordan has come into Sunday twice in a row with the lead and has failed to seal the deal - but with that said, two top five finishes in a row from a guy who’s essentially been MIA for the last 2+ years is a great accomplishment and a definite step in the right direction.

I realize that Jordan has come into Sunday twice in a row with the lead and has failed to seal the deal - but with that said, two top five finishes in a row from a guy who’s essentially been MIA for the last 2+ years is a great accomplishment and a definite step in the right direction.

you also had guys shoot a low Sunday to jump up the board. Not taking anything away from Koepka or Berger bc they played amazing golf when it mattered, but Spieth had chances and didn’t make the putts. The bogey’s aside, he had some birdie putts lip out or burn the edge.

all in all I like where the last two weeks are trending because not long ago we just wanted him to make the cut let alone win.

you also had guys shoot a low Sunday to jump up the board. Not taking anything away from Koepka or Berger bc they played amazing golf when it mattered, but Spieth had chances and didn’t make the putts. The bogey’s aside, he had some birdie putts lip out or burn the edge.

all in all I like where the last two weeks are trending because not long ago we just wanted him to make the cut let alone win.
100% agree. If his putt on 1 drops and his putt on 2 takes one more revolution he’s -3 to start, his nerves are settled and his round is very different. Maybe Berger still wins, who knows. But it easily could have played out differently.

Last edited:
Think Berger will be a good guy to have on the Ryder Cup team

Sounds like the hatchet has been buried in the Dahmen/Kang beef.

Berger is an absolute killer. Hes similar to Reed in that when they have a chance on Sunday you know he is going to play well.

Basically the opposite of Fowler and Finau, to name a few.

Back