2021 THP Fantasy Football: Week 1

9 points from my kicker and should have been more but he out scored Fournette lol. Good old fantasy football

Off to a great start with Gronk and Brady on my bench! Ahh, welcome back fantasy football.
Never bench the Brady! Not a great run game and tons of receiving threats.

CEEDEE! :love:

Ok so after one game and one player I have - points (thanks fumble Jones III:sick:) But I have 8 high quality players left who are ready for Sunday and turn this team around!!!

(I hope)

So my opponent put up almost 60 from Dak and Cooper and Zeke gave me 4.9 and I have no RB2....I've totally got this still.

Last edited:
So my opponent put up almost 60 with from Dan and Cooper and Zeke gave me 4.9 and I have no RB2....I've totally got this still.

cowboys messed that game up not giving Zeke more touches. Not gonna win a lot of football games throwing it 60 times. I’d honestly be worried about zeke this year as long as Kellen Moore is calling the plays.

A part of me regrets not picking up AB. Not sure if he’s gonna be consistent but he sure looked great last night and Tom seems more than happy to give him plenty of targets.

Haha, it's all good. I still have some heavy hitters to go, and historically, when I lose the 1st game of the season I make the playoffs, the years I have won the 1st game of the season, I didn't, so I am taking this as a good sign.

cowboys messed that game up not giving Zeke more touches. Not gonna win a lot of football games throwing it 60 times. I’d honestly be worried about zeke this year as long as Kellen Moore is calling the plays.

I knew the whole time Zeke wasn't going to be really involved against that defense, this is the same team that shut down McCaffrey last year too. I am not worried about his production, and honestly, if I had any viable RB's I would have sat him this week.

Did they? Everybody said they were going to get smoked and outside of a last minute Brady drive, they were in the game and even winning.
The coach said after the game that low touches for Elliott was the game plan all along last night due to playing the best rushing defense in the league the last two years and when he did carry (or Pollard) they went nowhere. He also said that its game plan specific and with their incredibly easy schedule this year, he will be involved heavily in the offense. While I think McCarthy is extremely overrated as a head coach, he isn't going to decoy a guy with this contract.

Off to a nice start for the season with Cooper. :cool:

Did they? Everybody said they were going to get smoked and outside of a last minute Brady drive, they were in the game and even winning.
The coach said after the game that low touches for Elliott was the game plan all along last night due to playing the best rushing defense in the league the last two years and when he did carry (or Pollard) they went nowhere. He also said that its game plan specific and with their incredibly easy schedule this year, he will be involved heavily in the offense. While I think McCarthy is extremely overrated as a head coach, he isn't going to decoy a guy with this contract.

I hear you, I still think the cowboys played great last night. However, IMO when you are playing an offense like the bucs and a qb like Brady it’s about controlling the tempo of the game. You can’t let Brady have a two minute drill to win the game or you already lost. Cowboys won Time of Possession, but only because the Bucs had 4 turnovers. They only had like 5 first half rushing attempts and that’s in a close game. The bucs defense has a huge role in that and I wouldn’t hit the panic button on zeke but I would be worried.

also I understand McCarthy says that was the game plan which I’m sure it was. But at the end of the day it seems like it isn’t McCarthy’s choice to have zeke featured on this roster l regardless his contract and seemed like they like having Tony Pollard in the game for pass catching situations after an offseason where they mentioned about 100 times that zeke had improved his pass catching immensely and that he was in the best shape of his nfl career and yada yada.

pundits thought they would get smoked but I felt like the cowboys had a shot to win ( won a small bet on cowboys +8.5 :))

I think the cowboys should have won that game last night with how they played. When you win the turnover battle 4-1 you have no business losing a football game. Most of that falls on Greg “The Leg” ( can we even still call him that?) but Mike McCarthy did this same stuff with Aaron Rodgers by throwing it way too often with no running presence, and the fact they still favor Tony Pollard in those situations makes me fear for zeke mostly because he’s known for quitting on the team or losing his focus or edge if he doesn’t feel like he is being utilized correctly.

I hear you, I still think the cowboys played great last night. However, IMO when you are playing an offense like the bucs and a qb like Brady it’s about controlling the tempo of the game. You can’t let Brady have a two minute drill to win the game or you already lost. Cowboys won Time of Possession, but only because the Bucs had 4 turnovers. They only had like 5 first half rushing attempts and that’s in a close game. The bucs defense has a huge role in that and I wouldn’t hit the panic button on zeke but I would be worried.

also I understand McCarthy says that was the game plan which I’m sure it was. But at the end of the day it seems like it isn’t McCarthy’s choice to have zeke featured on this roster l regardless his contract and seemed like they like having Tony Pollard in the game for pass catching situations after an offseason where they mentioned about 100 times that zeke had improved his pass catching immensely and that he was in the best shape of his nfl career and yada yada.

pundits thought they would get smoked but I felt like the cowboys had a shot to win ( won a small bet on cowboys +8.5 :))

I think the cowboys should have won that game last night with how they played. When you win the turnover battle 4-1 you have no business losing a football game. Most of that falls on Greg “The Leg” ( can we even still call him that?) but Mike McCarthy did this same stuff with Aaron Rodgers by throwing it way too often with no running presence, and the fact they still favor Tony Pollard in those situations makes me fear for zeke mostly because he’s known for quitting on the team or losing his focus or edge if he doesn’t feel like he is being utilized correctly.

Turnover stats are a bit misleading as it was really 3-1 since one of them was a hail mary at the last second of the half ;). Mike McCarthy is a bad coach...with good talent, but the game plan last night was rock solid and Elliot will be fine.

Every year after a single week, draft pick panic sets in, but playing the #1 rushing defense in hte league, is going to limit carries and the Cowboys showed up with a great game plan or short quick outs to stay away from pressure and D White, who is the best LB in the league currently.

Then again, anybody can look at the last few years and see why drafting an early RB is far more risky than its made out to be. Its why if I was playing, I wouldn't have taken 1.

Turnover stats are a bit misleading as it was really 3-1 since one of them was a hail mary at the last second of the half ;). Mike McCarthy is a bad coach...with good talent, but the game plan last night was rock solid and Elliot will be fine.

Every year after a single week, draft pick panic sets in, but playing the #1 rushing defense in hte league, is going to limit carries and the Cowboys showed up with a great game plan or short quick outs to stay away from pressure and D White, who is the best LB in the league currently.

Then again, anybody can look at the last few years and see why drafting an early RB is far more risky than its made out to be. Its why if I was playing, I wouldn't have taken 1.

agreed on that.

i have always taken rb’s with 3 of my first 4 picks and never took WR in the first round. These were standard leagues, but I have had to change my entire game plan when it comes to that. Especially now that PPR leagues are becoming the standard.

Also before I would choose backs on potential scoring and now I have almost changed to the opposite, which is who has the highest floor for touches and who isn’t in a RB room by committee.

As a colts fan it killed me seeing JT getting drafted 10th range because not even I could reach for him that high knowing the colts will give up to 4 rb’s touches in any single game.

A part of me regrets not picking up AB. Not sure if he’s gonna be consistent but he sure looked great last night and Tom seems more than happy to give him plenty of targets.

I made sure to draft him in every league I was in this year. Brady seems high on him and feed him the ball a ton the 2nd half of last season. Little early in the THP league (round 8) but in my 10 team league that's been going for 13 seasons, I got him in round 11. If he puts up decent WR 2 points, he's the steal of the draft.

Not to mention they talked all game about Dak’s arm issue yet he threw the ball that many times? Scratching my head…

44.56 hole to dig out of tomorrow. Need Mayfield to throw a ton to Landry. Ridley will feast on the Eagles bad DBs. Feel good about my rbs Sanders and Harris. Plus Mosterts is going to have this weeks highest rb total against the Lions.
All this will happen. Sure it will.

Not to mention they talked all game about Dak’s arm issue yet he threw the ball that many times? Scratching my head…
They've got to talk about something. I also thought he would have issues before the game but it became apparent pretty quick that his arm is fine.

Sometimes commentators just need to talk to talk because they have nothing to really talk about so they bring up story lines they want to and sometimes even force narratives. Happens in all sports.

T. Higgins or R. Woods? Leaning on Higgins.
Do you roll with RB in flex? Could roll with Woods in Flex, but have Edmonds there now.

Trey Sermon victim of made up hype. Fantasy people high on him, and at some point he will get a shot, but inactive.

reminds me of Royce Freeman a couple of years ago. Just bad info that perpetuates.

i took him in my dynasty league but don't see getting much use out of him in my lineup where i already have kamara, chubb and and edwards-helaire...still not sold on helaire but i guess we'll see.

i took him in my dynasty league but don't see getting much use out of him in my lineup where i already have kamara, chubb and and edwards-helaire...still not sold on helaire but i guess we'll see.
Yeah that is definitely not a 14 team THP league…

I'm not sure, but I have a good feeling about the Vikings defense this week. I put up serious debate playing them but I couldn't bring myself to do it with my current match up. They appear have to have a pretty easy match up this week.

Back