2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday is one of my two leg days every week, it helps since it seems everyone else does chest on Monday haha
Bodybuilding gyms, Monday is chest day. Powerlifting gyms, Mondays are for squats. Monday in a Strongman gym, I dunno, pick up a rock or something.

Bodybuilding gyms, Monday is chest day. Powerlifting gyms, Mondays are for squats. Monday in a Strongman gym, I dunno, pick up a rock or something.

I guess my gym is a Bodybuilding gym because I have never seen anyone else in a Squat Rack on Monday AM :D

Yep, right there with you. Shoveled for 45 minutes, was going to call it good, but still did my usual weights. Chest and bicep today, tried to push myself and now I'm feeling it, but it feels good.

Still more shoveling tonight, going to be sore tomorrow I imagine :p

Shove
Got my lower body workout in earlier than normal today, then shoveled some more snow. Continue to push myself, and I'm feeling it especially in my lower body and core. More stable than when I started.

Going to do some yoga focusing on flexibility, because man is my back sore!

Be careful with the shoveling. Thankfully, we only got about 4-5 inches yesterday and it wasn’t a heavy wet snow.

Shove

Be careful with the shoveling. Thankfully, we only got about 4-5 inches yesterday and it wasn’t a heavy wet snow.
Thanks. I've been pacing myself, but those back muscles I seem to only use while shoveling have been found :ROFLMAO:.

Thanks. I've been pacing myself, but those back muscles I seem to only use while shoveling have been found :ROFLMAO:.

Need to think about ❤️ too (at least at my age).

My workouts are on hold for a few days. I woke up Saturday morning with a bad bout of vertigo. I noticed it when I reached down to pick up a pair of sweatpants to put on. My world started spinning round and round and round. Good thing there was a wall nearby for me to put my hand on. I soon realized that tilting my head back or forward was not a good idea. Thankfully I had nothing planned and I was watching football most of the day. I woke up Sunday and it was gone. Nothing yesterday or today either.

I had it once before about 15 years ago or so. That too lasted a short time. I know it's an inner ear thing

My workouts are on hold for a few days. I woke up Saturday morning with a bad bout of vertigo. I noticed it when I reached down to pick up a pair of sweatpants to put on. My world started spinning round and round and round. Good thing there was a wall nearby for me to put my hand on. I soon realized that tilting my head back or forward was not a good idea. Thankfully I had nothing planned and I was watching football most of the day. I woke up Sunday and it was gone. Nothing yesterday or today either.

I had it once before about 15 years ago or so. That too lasted a short time. I know it's an inner ear thing
Oh weird. Hoping it stays away!

It lasted just the one day. Just like the previous time.
My wife has had some weird stroke-like symptoms that only last a night. I guess it is some sort of migraine but it’s always scary

Boxing class for today done. I really wanted to add one of the Tempo Winter Games classes, but I ran out of time. Might go back and do it in a little bit.

Tempo partners with Olympic athletes who teach a series of classes, basically having us train like they do, and if we complete all the classes we get a free t-shirt. I don't even really care about the classes, I just want the free shirt haha.

I walked 16k+ steps at work today & was on my feet for 6.5 hours... half outside in this awful wind & cold.
I'm calling that it for today even though I should do a lift.
I'm ready for dinner & bed, tomorrow is a new day. Lol

Another night workout is in the books. Switched it up a bit per a suggestion from @GolferGal 30 minutes of treadmill intervals (2 miles) and 20 minutes of dumbbell squats, curls, and dumbbell bench press (I have no idea if these are the right terms for that stuff LOL).

I forgot to pack my towel in my gym bag so I got to dry off with paper towels after my shower so that was fun :ROFLMAO:. I'm going to keep a towel in my office from now on.

Dues paid today on the app plus a 5KM row in 24:33. Where’s that cinnamon bun at?

I knocked out my gym workout this AM per usual, but I am a bit less excited about my outdoor workout in a few hours.

1642617247985.png

It is so windy here it is going to cut right through me with a wind chill of 4 degrees, but we will get through it :ROFLMAO:

I knocked out my gym workout this AM per usual, but I am a bit less excited about my outdoor workout in a few hours.

View attachment 9061057

It is so windy here it is going to cut right through me with a wind chill of 4 degrees, but we will get through it :ROFLMAO:
Have fun! This really has been a test of following through with the plan, so great job. It would be really easy to pack it in, especially with that weather forecast.

Have fun! This really has been a test of following through with the plan, so great job. It would be really easy to pack it in, especially with that weather forecast.

It has been truly eye-opening. I am capable of a lot more than I thought, it is just a matter of committing to a plan and executing it.

While I know I won't continue ALL of this after the 75 days, I will take a lot of these lessons moving forward and continue to better myself long term.

It has been truly eye-opening. I am capable of a lot more than I thought, it is just a matter of committing to a plan and executing it.

While I know I won't continue ALL of this after the 75 days, I will take a lot of these lessons moving forward and continue to better myself long term.
That's awesome, to push yourself and break away from your comfort zone isn't easy, but the payoff leads to a lot of good habits and freedom!

I did a 90 day challenge 2 years ago, and am currently in it again, that includes a bunch of daily tasks from health, fasting, wellness, to just overall being more mindful of what I spend my time on from day to day. The first time was really difficult, but I took a lot of what I learned and incorporated it into my daily life after the fact. Now, going through it again, I have a lot less items that are new, and it is a lot less challenging. I have developed habits that have brought me further along my journey, and I am stronger mentally, physically, and spiritually because of it. I realize I still have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm definitely better off because of me pushing myself.

I am tired, and it is dreary out, but I'm drinking a cup of green tea right now to get some energy so I can go workout. No excuses!

I did it! I actually did my regularly scheduled 45min Full Body Build EMOM (and some new PRs), and then actually added a 20 minute mobility class after it because I could tell things were TIGHT! That mobility class felt great!

Today's Workout:

Set 1 x3
DB Goblet Squat x8
DB Deadlift x10
DB Goblet Alt. Forward Lunge x16

Set 2 x6
DB Alt. Curtsy Lunge x16 (these were exceptionally hard today)
Goblet S/L Lateral Lunge x8 (each leg)

Set 3 x3
DB Bent Over Low Row x8
BW Pike Pushup x10
BW Suitcase Crunch for 30 seconds

Set 4 x3
DB Chest Press x8
Plank Up for 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back