2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good lift yesterday, up in weight on my RDL, back row, triceps extension and upped reps on my heaviest set of bench. Real happy with progress, just want to keep tracking in this direction.

The best workout: any day that isn’t leg day.
Shoulders are done, and legs aren’t so bad after yesterday’s workout.

Finished my workout.
Wow.. this was a tough one. I didn't realize when I picked the video that it was essentially a HIIT upper body dumbbell workout. There were 30-second cardio-type exercises between each set to keep the heart rate up. It worked. My average HR for the 35-minute session was 135bmp.

If anyone is interested this is the one I picked for tonight.

Fit for golf workouts 3x this week and a 5km with the doggo today. It was oppressively hot but I have pizza night with the young guns tonight so I wanted to get something in.

Still tired after a fun weekend.

Ok-ish set of squats, followed by 3 good sets of overhead press.

My cottage cheese froze in the fridge, so I let that thaw out in the car while I worked out, and the texture just won't be the same. :confused:

Still tired after a fun weekend.

Ok-ish set of squats, followed by 3 good sets of overhead press.

My cottage cheese froze in the fridge, so I let that thaw out in the car while I worked out, and the texture just won't be the same. :confused:
gross/weird

gross/weird
But it still tasted better than the Muscle Pharm Combat protein powder that I actually returned to Costco. When they asked if anything was wrong with it, I told them it was disgusting.

But it still tasted better than the Muscle Pharm Combat protein powder that I actually returned to Costco. When they asked if anything was wrong with it, I told them it was disgusting.
They did put "Combat" in the name. It was, by definition, going to be a fight.

Leg day best day this morning!

Finished up with a bit of LISS Cardio.

For like the 4th week in a row, I was the ONLY person in the gym this morning. I guess the "regulars" are taking Mondays of now :LOL:

194.2lbs this morning, down 2lbs from last week. Might have been more without a very rich dinner out last night, my mother and stepfather treated us all. I stuck with the fish and grilled veggies, but the deconstructed cannoli for dessert may have been a bit much...

I rode 17mi on the bike yesterday to prep for the dinner out. I would have gone further but I realized I'd run out of water long before I got back home if I pushed it any further.

Rough weekend workout wise... I did manage 100 pushups/100 air squats after golf yesterday. Hopefully get a quick trip to PF after work tonight.

194.2lbs this morning, down 2lbs from last week. Might have been more without a very rich dinner out last night, my mother and stepfather treated us all. I stuck with the fish and grilled veggies, but the deconstructed cannoli for dessert may have been a bit much...

I rode 17mi on the bike yesterday to prep for the dinner out. I would have gone further but I realized I'd run out of water long before I got back home if I pushed it any further.
I'm not sure I could eat too much fish & veggies to affect my weight much. I ate grilled foods & veggies all weekend, let alone drank beer & wine, mostly in moderation, lots of water and still hit a new, recent low 188 yesterday morning. I did skip Cooper's Hawk last night... just wasn't feeling it.

I got no sleep last night and have a headache from being so tired, but I'm doing everything in my power to psych myself up to workout today. Tempo also added kickboxing to their classes, so I really want to give a few of those a try. I was planning to add that on to my already scheduled heavy lifting class, but we will see.

I also started sharing my apple activity tracker with a friend to help us keep each other accountable which has made me super competitive and wanting to make sure I hit my goals.

Workout complete! Did some back and chest work and then added on a 25 minute kickboxing class which was SO much freaking fun!! I haven't done kickboxing in forever. I know I don't have an actual bag to kick, but it was still a blast and I sweat like crazy, I was dripping when it was done. I added another one to tomorrow's leg day.

Took a little hiatus in my workout plan but started a 6-week core challenge today with an 8-week homebody program.
Holy cow my arms are jello from the homebody workout.

I'm excited to see where this challenge & program take me. I'm starting right now at 150.2 lbs. My goal is to be 142 ish after this program.

Getting back into the swing of things is a reality check. So much muscle was lost.

Had blazinden use the Theragun on my back to help with recovery for tomorrow's double HIIT workouts.

Fit for golf workouts 3x this week and a 5km with the doggo today. It was oppressively hot but I have pizza night with the young guns tonight so I wanted to get something in.
How are you liking the Fit for Golf. I was on the program for a few month but at a certain point I started to not have the type of equipment available to me and got tired of trying to find replacement exercises or modifications.

Is it working out well for you?

How are you liking the Fit for Golf. I was on the program for a few month but at a certain point I started to not have the type of equipment available to me and got tired of trying to find replacement exercises or modifications.

Is it working out well for you?
I’ve got a pretty good set-up in the garage equipment wise as I’ve been on the home gym train for years, so no real loss there. I would say the only thing I’ve had to substitute for so far would be some resistance band stuff for the cable tower exercises, but I’m not losing any sleep about that. I am really enjoying the programming so far, I started on the first “beginner” phase, intending to work my way through, doing each stage for 1 week at a time. I’m currently about 6 weeks in now, and I love that it’s 3x a week, affording me time to go for a bike ride or run the other night of the week. I noticed with going through lessons this winter I really struggled with some positions because of my hip and shoulder mobility, and I wanted to remedy that, as the programming I was doing seemed like it was making it worse. So far I’m feeling pretty athletic and much “looser” if that makes sense. One thing I am really enjoying is there are movements/patterns that really do a good job of identifying where your weaknesses are.

I’ve got a pretty good set-up in the garage equipment wise as I’ve been on the home gym train for years, so no real loss there. I would say the only thing I’ve had to substitute for so far would be some resistance band stuff for the cable tower exercises, but I’m not losing any sleep about that. I am really enjoying the programming so far, I started on the first “beginner” phase, intending to work my way through, doing each stage for 1 week at a time. I’m currently about 6 weeks in now, and I love that it’s 3x a week, affording me time to go for a bike ride or run the other night of the week. I noticed with going through lessons this winter I really struggled with some positions because of my hip and shoulder mobility, and I wanted to remedy that, as the programming I was doing seemed like it was making it worse. So far I’m feeling pretty athletic and much “looser” if that makes sense. One thing I am really enjoying is there are movements/patterns that really do a good job of identifying where your weaknesses are.
Yep, it makes perfect sense. I felt very loose and free in my swing when I was on the program. I really miss that part of it. I would say I should start doing yoga but it’s almost a joke how many times I’ve said that in this thread 🤣
I just never have the time or motivation to actually do it.

Beat the heck out of myself on a back day. Did this stupid rope pull thing where I just sat down and tugged a rope through a pulley. Worst. Exercise. Ever.

Yep, it makes perfect sense. I felt very loose and free in my swing when I was on the program. I really miss that part of it. I would say I should start doing yoga but it’s almost a joke how many times I’ve said that in this thread 🤣
You and me both on that one. I used to do it all the time and I’ve really fallen off. I’ll do a few stretches here and there that I know help my hips but as far as doing a whole 20 or 30 minute flow I am not likely these days.

Havent been getting outside in the heat but have been doing some weights and resistance bands inside the past few days. Finally got back out again today and it felt good.

I have to remember to stretch more, my flexibility is crap right now.

I would say I should start doing yoga but it’s almost a joke how many times I’ve said that in this thread 🤣
I have to remember to stretch more, my flexibility is crap right now.
My hamstrings are so incredibly tight. I have to stretch more too!
I also tell myself all the time I'm gonna do yoga to help with flexibility and range of motion but always "run out of time"

I am working out for the first time in my life. I have been alternating between full body cardio for 45 minutes one day and walking/running 1.5 miles the next. After a couple months I am able to run about a mile of it and fast walk the rest with a sprint at the end. Motivation has not been an issue thus far. Now I need to work on my crappy diet.

Workout done! Started with a leg workout and then finished with some more kickboxing. Holy crap does that kick my butt! I am dripping by the time it's done and my hip flexers are saying WTF! But I am loving every freaking minute of it. I am literally cursing and smiling at the same time, lol.

Beat the heck out of myself on a back day. Did this stupid rope pull thing where I just sat down and tugged a rope through a pulley. Worst. Exercise. Ever.

I never liked that machine, and you will most definitely feel it the next day, and probably the day after that.

My hamstrings are so incredibly tight. I have to stretch more too!
I also tell myself all the time I'm gonna do yoga to help with flexibility and range of motion but always "run out of time"

I am the same way! I reallllly need to work on stretching, but I always feel like by the time my workout is done, I have already passed my allotted time and need to get back to work. It's hard to just take a day and say no heavy lifting, no cardio, no fun stuff and just stretch, but I know it's super important and will actually help me with everything else. Why can't we bring ourselves to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back