2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

The fact that you don't think I keep golf shoes, and my own testing balls, and a bunch of my own clubs in my truck at all times for this kind of thing really hurts me @Iceman! 🥶 😰

I got to test the Rogue as part of driver fitting last night, unfortunately the range has a 30mph+ wind blowing down the range which was knocking low spinning drives right out of the sky.
I was fitted into the Rogue Max LS with the Aldila Rouge White 60g stiff shaft, first impressions is that it looks even better in real life. Coming from a PING G400 LST I thought I would like the matt crown and I was right the look just works for me and compared to the Stealth I was also testing looked classier and more premium.
At address it sat nice and neutral and I felt that I would be able to move the ball either way if and when I had the necessary talent.
The wind really spoiled the testing and swings that felt really good just saw the wind swat the ball out of the sky. I felt really comfortable straight out the gate and was launching the ball nicely with decent ball speed and flight even taking the wind into consideration.
I knew given the conditions I wouldn't be picking a driver based on the results, particularly when I hit a few PING 3 hybirds almost as far with wind assistance due to higher spin!
I am waiting for the weather to improve and I will return and have a proper test, but based on initial thoughts the Max LS is top of the list.

I got to test the Rogue as part of driver fitting last night, unfortunately the range has a 30mph+ wind blowing down the range which was knocking low spinning drives right out of the sky.
I was fitted into the Rogue Max LS with the Aldila Rouge White 60g stiff shaft, first impressions is that it looks even better in real life. Coming from a PING G400 LST I thought I would like the matt crown and I was right the look just works for me and compared to the Stealth I was also testing looked classier and more premium.
At address it sat nice and neutral and I felt that I would be able to move the ball either way if and when I had the necessary talent.
The wind really spoiled the testing and swings that felt really good just saw the wind swat the ball out of the sky. I felt really comfortable straight out the gate and was launching the ball nicely with decent ball speed and flight even taking the wind into consideration.
I knew given the conditions I wouldn't be picking a driver based on the results, particularly when I hit a few PING 3 hybirds almost as far with wind assistance due to higher spin!
I am waiting for the weather to improve and I will return and have a proper test, but based on initial thoughts the Max LS is top of the list.
Wow, 30+mph winds sounds like a rough fitting day but pretty cool that you still enjoyed the test drive. I took another look at my driver late last night and still can’t believe how much I love the looks. This is the first year I haven’t even considered Callaway Customs for a driver since that service launched.

Still waiting for fitting heads around here. Latest is maybe next week.
Weird thing is we have Max and Max D heads here, but zero Max LS and Triple Diamond heads. I mean I know the two latter heads probably have smaller target markets, but still odd to me considering we have 15 heads in house easily.

Last edited:
Wow, 30+mph winds sounds like a rough fitting day but pretty cool that you still enjoyed the test drive. I took another look at my driver late last night and still can’t believe how much I love the looks. This is the first year I haven’t even considered Callaway Customs for a driver since that service launched.
I totally agree on the looks. It's the first model they've released since probably the Great Big Bertha with the matte crown that I've really liked the stock colors. Guys I've talked to that aren't normally Callaway driver fans have even complimented the look and performance.

I totally agree on the looks. It's the first model they've released since probably the Great Big Bertha with the matte crown that I've really liked the stock colors. Guys I've talked to that aren't normally Callaway driver fans have even complimented the look and performance.
Seeing a line that rivals Ping forgiveness and maintains Callaway distance is huge. Making it look good is fantastic!

I am really looking forward to demoing the ST Max, but my miss is left (although occasionally it's a slice - not a fade, but a slice - like not warmed up or overcorrect). Anyway, with the normal miss a snap hook is the Max not a good fit? I need spin so sort of fear the LS models (but played the Alpha double black diamond once upon a time (before the golf hiatus).

Thanks!

I am really looking forward to demoing the ST Max, but my miss is left (although occasionally it's a slice - not a fade, but a slice - like not warmed up or overcorrect). Anyway, with the normal miss a snap hook is the Max not a good fit? I need spin so sort of fear the LS models (but played the Alpha double black diamond once upon a time (before the golf hiatus).

Thanks!
The Max has a bit of draw bias, but it’s still worth giving a go. I’d also check out the Triple Diamond. It’s much more forgiving than most give it credit for and it has some subtle fade bias IMO. It’s slated as neutral just as the Max LS is and both of those heads have a flatter lie angle than the Max and Max D which will help with avoiding the lefts a bit.

The Max has a bit of draw bias, but it’s still worth giving a go. I’d also check out the Triple Diamond. It’s much more forgiving than most give it credit for and it has some subtle fade bias IMO. It’s slated as neutral just as the Max LS is and both of those heads have a flatter lie angle than the Max and Max D which will help with avoiding the lefts a bit.
Thanks I appreciate your reply - and the knowledge that you share. Any comparisons to the Epic Max that you can make with any of these?

Thanks I appreciate your reply - and the knowledge that you share. Any comparisons to the Epic Max that you can make with any of these?
I didn’t game the Epic Max because my miss was left. I did try the Epic Speed. I absolutely loved the shape but still saw a little more left than I wanted as well as a bit more spin. I ended up going to the Epic Speed Triple Diamond with a flat cog and found some magic. I would never have left that head, but the forgiveness and stability in this Rogue line was too good to pass up!

Weird thing is we have Max and Max D heads here, but zero Max LS and Triple Diamond heads. I mean I know the too latter heads probably have smaller target markets, but still odd to me considering we have 15 heads in house easily.

Interesting. I hope we don't go through the same. Max LS and 3D LS are the ones I want to hit.

WAIT - they fit me into the Max (it has the moveable weight), so they put me in a driver that misses left when I miss left? Mind blown.

Thanks again!

WAIT - they fit me into the Max (it has the moveable weight), so they put me in a driver that misses left when I miss left? Mind blown.

Thanks again!
It’s only a slight draw bias. They expect the majority of golfers to be fit into the Max. The Max LS and TD LS are less draw biased, but also low spin drivers.

It’s here!

17b83de0eddd9715b46b05674a3a15b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s only a slight draw bias. They expect the majority of golfers to be fit into the Max. The Max LS and TD LS are less draw biased, but also low spin drivers.
Thank you as well I think I need the spin - or more spin than not - so I assume the LS is the wrong head for me, I am annoyed at myself - had my fitting the week before they had the heads I wanted to try - now I may need another full fittting - wonder if I pay for it, if they might not give me the chance to get better fit for my irons as part of the same fitting? Hmmmmm.

Waiting is hard when these are in stores! Haha

Hi there all Callaway junky people.

I wonder were in the hole world you are living when you already have bought the new Rogue?

Here in Sweden they not coming out on the market until the mid mars

Where did you see that? I don’t see it in there site

Came in my email with a code. Perhaps it's sent because I have an account on the website? Not sure because I havent had a chance to get on there yet. This work thing keeps getting in the way.

Came in my email with a code. Perhaps it's sent because I have an account on the website? Not sure because I havent had a chance to get on there yet. This work thing keeps getting in the way.
I'm hearing only a select few will get that "Code" Think they did that last year

Got the 50% Bonus Code - New Max 10.5 incoming.
$89 after trades - Even if I like something else in the future, could not not do it.
Got the Ventus KO Blue Regular Flex.

It’s here!

17b83de0eddd9715b46b05674a3a15b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you seeing this. I'm on their website now and see nothing about it.

I'm hearing only a select few will get that "Code" Think they did that last year

I hope that’s not the case! This would push me over the edge to pull the trigger.

If anyone got the email and don’t need the code, I’ll take it! Thanks in advance!

That will suck if only a few get the code. I know I didn't get it via email last year, but the fitter had a code and gave it to me.

Edit: I was wrong. I was given something else, not the trade discount, but what was given offset the trade in bonus.

Back