2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

No need to apologize. Life happens!

That’s pretty fantastic. Everything I read is pointing towards these being a top contender for when I reboot my irons.
As a one who tends to shy away from these type of irons this year I decided to give something different a try. I’m enjoying the added distance, it’s kind of fun. They look great, well struck shots feel/sound great and the tech is there. Forget about the loft numbers…they perform as intended, I have no issue holding greens as I feared I would, though you can expect more rollout than you would with a more players iron obviously.

In my opinion in this iron category this is near or at the top.

As a one who tends to shy away from these type of irons this year I decided to give something different a try. I’m enjoying the added distance, it’s kind of fun. They look great, well struck shots feel/sound great and the tech is there. Forget about the loft numbers…they perform as intended, I have no issue holding greens as I feared I would, though you can expect more rollout than you would with a more players iron obviously.

In my opinion in this iron category this is near or at the top.

Sounds like you were more in the player’s cavity realm before? I can imagine that’s quite an adjustment in terms of ball flight, but I’m sure there are some benefits there with forgiveness. How about looks at address?

I see you’re going with both the set GW and a 50, which is kind of what I envisioned for myself. Does that gap ok for you?

No need to apologize. Life happens!

That’s pretty fantastic. Everything I read is pointing towards these being a top contender for when I reboot my irons.
I would say give them an absolute solid look. I was really torn about leaving the copper behind, but so far I've had zero regrets and couldn't be happier that they're in the bag!

Sounds like you were more in the player’s cavity realm before? I can imagine that’s quite an adjustment in terms of ball flight, but I’m sure there are some benefits there with forgiveness. How about looks at address?

I see you’re going with both the set GW and a 50, which is kind of what I envisioned for myself. Does that gap ok for you?
Yep, been playing players cavity for years, even a year or so with blades. These are obviously thicker on the top and have more offset which took some getting used to but doesn't really bother me. Ball flight wise these actually get up in the air for me. The thing I lack is a little bit of control, I'm not able to hit some of the shots I am used to being able to hit because the spin just isn't there.

Yes I went with GW and 50 because I was concerned about the gapping. As I've mentioned in previous posts much like the previous version of FT from 2020 the set GW is giving me fits. On course they seem to be going about the same distance and I much prefer the 50. I recently added shotshope v3 to the mix to get some more data to confirm this but only have one round in so far

Yep, been playing players cavity for years, even a year or so with blades. These are obviously thicker on the top and have more offset which took some getting used to but doesn't really bother me. Ball flight wise these actually get up in the air for me. The thing I lack is a little bit of control, I'm not able to hit some of the shots I am used to being able to hit because the spin just isn't there.

Yes I went with GW and 50 because I was concerned about the gapping. As I've mentioned in previous posts much like the previous version of FT from 2020 the set GW is giving me fits. On course they seem to be going about the same distance and I much prefer the 50. I recently added shotshope v3 to the mix to get some more data to confirm this but only have one round in so far

Is it a situation where the set GW is gapping weird with PW or is it just that the 50 hits the number you’d expected the set GW to hit? That might be a confusing question, but I’m just curious if you see a big gap between the PW and 50.

Is it a situation where the set GW is gapping weird with PW or is it just that the 50 hits the number you’d expected the set GW to hit? That might be a confusing question, but I’m just curious if you see a big gap between the PW and 50.
Currently, the PW is my 145ish club. I'm expecting the GW to go at least 130 and I can't get it to go more than 120 which is leaving me a huge gap, even at 48* it just wants to go straight up into the air 🤷‍♂️. I'm hitting the 50 about 120 which is what I'd expect. I don't need 2 clubs that go the same and I think I either need to make an adjustment to the loft or just get rid of the GW entirely. Some guys like it, it's just not working for me.

Currently, the PW is my 145ish club. I'm expecting the GW to go at least 130 and I can't get it to go more than 120 which is leaving me a huge gap, even at 48* it just wants to go straight up into the air 🤷‍♂️. I'm hitting the 50 about 120 which is what I'd expect. I don't need 2 clubs that go the same and I think I either need to make an adjustment to the loft or just get rid of the GW entirely. Some guys like it, it's just not working for me.

I get that. It definitely happens. Seems like a little loft adjustment on the wedges (no the GW) might be better option?

I get that. It definitely happens. Seems like a little loft adjustment on the wedges (no the GW) might be better option?
Yeah its either that or picking up a 48* wedge to add to the mix. Loft adjustment is less expensive haha. 130 should be a scoring opportunity not a guessing game.

I am considering doing a Trackman gapping session which includes loft/lie adjustments if needed actually.

Yeah its either that or picking up a 48* wedge to add to the mix. Loft adjustment is less expensive haha. 130 should be a scoring opportunity not a guessing game.

I am considering doing a Trackman gapping session which includes loft/lie adjustments if needed actually.
Yea I think that Trackman session would be worth the time.

I just have to say, in the Players Distance Category these might be the best irons on the market.

I'm getting into somewhat of a groove with these now, only had a coupe of real life rounds but have hit the range a bunch of times and getting things figured out. In terms of full swings, they're gapping reasonably well straight off the bat so I'm hoping there's not going to be too much difficulty translating to the course. Going to limit the range time and maximize course time (work permitting) over the next few weeks, but Shotscope showing the following;

5i 35
6i 182
7i 194
8i 187
9i 164
PW 143

Few anomolies in there I know...

5i I've only used once over the 3 rounds I've had them in hand, and was a punch out of trees that I didn't mark as positional.

Lot of the rounds played in howling winds, so some shots are longer and some are much shorter than I would ordinarily see, along with baked greens and fairways means on such a small sample size the SS data probably isn't the best.

On a Trackman gapping session it looks a lot better,

5i 210
6i 193
7i 181
8i 169
9i 155
PW 144

There were a couple of outliers, a few outrageous 7irons at almost 200 yards, but that is pretty much a playing yardage figure that I'm comfortable with, without trying to swing out of my boots at it.

Such good clubs, so forgiving on mishits and just inspire confidence over the ball.
Just looking at your Trackman numbers - and our yardages are incredibly similar!

Add me to the group who is happy with the set GW. As of right now, Arccos says my Smart Distance with it is 138.

So far the little that I have been able to hit the Forged Tec I am liking them. When you hit them clean they feel so pure and even on some that I caught low that still flew pretty well. The 5 and 6 I can tell that I’m missing a little forgiveness from my old S3 GI irons but I think I will get used to that. Biggest thing has been the increased weight from my shafts and I may re-evaluate in a couple weeks and consider putting in some C-Taper Lite 115 X in them. I just want to get some dry weather and time to go play with them lol.

The FTx have officially arrived as of late yesterday. First opportunity to get them on the course will be Wed. After that I'll be spending my Friday lesson dialing these in and determining distances. I am so excited after hitting these in the local golf shop. Earlier today I took a few casual swings with the 5i in my living room. The ball exploded off the club face so effortlessly. What is this sorcery that I've been missing out on? :ROFLMAO:

The FTx have officially arrived as of late yesterday. First opportunity to get them on the course will be Wed. After that I'll be spending my Friday lesson dialing these in and determining distances. I am so excited after hitting these in the local golf shop. Earlier today I took a few casual swings with the 5i in my living room. The ball exploded off the club face so effortlessly. What is this sorcery that I've been missing out on? :ROFLMAO:
I think the sorcery might be that you can take casual swings with a 5i in your living room :ROFLMAO:

It's been an up and down season for me with these irons to this point. Some days good, some days not so good like today. Really struggled with the irons this morning hitting only 22% of GIR...thats not going to cut it. I'm seeing some weird ball flights too. Ball is starting out straight then makes a hard left turn about half way to the green. I'm certain it's something I'm doing (most likely at setup) but just strange to see. Here I am thinking I hit a good shot then boom hard left and I'm sitting there scratching my head. The GW again today giving me fits as I hit the 50* SB wedge about 10 yds further, I'm giving the GW through this next weekend where I have 4 rounds coming up and if I can't figure it out I'm pulling it from the bag, I just can't be questioning yardage with a scoring club in my hand.

It's been an up and down season for me with these irons to this point. Some days good, some days not so good like today. Really struggled with the irons this morning hitting only 22% of GIR...thats not going to cut it. I'm seeing some weird ball flights too. Ball is starting out straight then makes a hard left turn about half way to the green. I'm certain it's something I'm doing (most likely at setup) but just strange to see. Here I am thinking I hit a good shot then boom hard left and I'm sitting there scratching my head. The GW again today giving me fits as I hit the 50* SB wedge about 10 yds further, I'm giving the GW through this next weekend where I have 4 rounds coming up and if I can't figure it out I'm pulling it from the bag, I just can't be questioning yardage with a scoring club in my hand.
Are your irons stock lie?

What’s the plan to get them back in favour? Like you, when things go off for me it’s always just something slightly off I’m doing with setup.

Seeing your issues with the GW though just makes me even more certain I made the right call going with the 50 instead, I did have a wee ponder about that for a while.

Sometimes it's good to be the king of the castle :p
If I tried that then not only would I break 90% of my possessions, but the domestic chief executive would take a distinctly dim view of proceedings 😂

What’s the plan to get them back in favour? Like you, when things go off for me it’s always just something slightly off I’m doing with setup.

Seeing your issues with the GW though just makes me even more certain I made the right call going with the 50 instead, I did have a wee ponder about that for a while.
Its possible its a setup thing and a visual thing as I'm not used to the offset. Or maybe it was just an off day but I'm definitely missing way more left than normal

Its possible its a setup thing and a visual thing as I'm not used to the offset. Or maybe it was just an off day but I'm definitely missing way more left than normal
Very silly question, but is the lie OK for you? Other than that, maybe just the offset like you say. I’m in no way qualified to diagnose anything 😂

Back