2022 Mizuno ST Series Drivers and Metal Woods

Been fighting a loose swing for a bit. Have something hopefully curing by this evening to get this back to when I was centering the ball during the honeymoon phase.

In a related note, this driver is really good keeping things on line, in play, with good distance when you go on an expedition to the far reaches of the high toe.
So swing was junk today. Hope to report back with better feedback through the weekend. It still sounds really good, even with your face wide open to path 😎

I’m assuming my swing path has a lot to do with it, but I noticed when I line up/address the ball with the toe of the driver the result was a nice little fade. The closer to center or the heel it stayed straight or drew a bit.

I’m having a lot more fun now that I’ve cleaned up my swing. Distance with this one is on par with anything out there imo.

I’m assuming my swing path has a lot to do with it, but I noticed when I line up/address the ball with the toe of the driver the result was a nice little fade. The closer to center or the heel it stayed straight or drew a bit.

I’m having a lot more fun now that I’ve cleaned up my swing. Distance with this one is on par with anything out there imo.

That driver saved us a time or 2 last weekend!

Hit several bombs today. Still loving the sound and adjusted the lie angle on the back nine to good results. Looking forward with the new settings for Sundays round.

The adjusted lie angle continues to work out. Had a few loose ones on me, as I was curiously exploring the low heel but this one was centered. That is deep for me.

Also, playing partners commented on how good the sound was. Mizuno nailed that with this release.

7561C404-2001-499B-8302-40C740DD8443.jpeg

The adjusted lie angle continues to work out. Had a few loose ones on me, as I was curiously exploring the low heel but this one was centered. That is deep for me.

Also, playing partners commented on how good the sound was. Mizuno nailed that with this release.

View attachment 9108346
You hit that drive like you were mad at the ball. It was such a great drive especially in the rain.

You hit that drive like you were mad at the ball. It was such a great drive especially in the rain.
We were 2 down thru the first three, had to let out a little steam ;)

So played two balls over four holes this evening with this and my previous gamer, the LTDx. Honestly the two drivers were neck and neck. The LTDx had maybe a bit tighter dispersion due to strike and how I agree a bit better with that shaft, but this one was pretty illuminating. Similar strikes high on the face and the ST-Z had a clear 15 yards more distance.

If you are in the market you are nuts to not put this up against anything.

8DA29341-0F40-4F73-9CE8-976532B2F893.jpeg

So played two balls over four holes this evening with this and my previous gamer, the LTDx. Honestly the two drivers were neck and neck. The LTDx had maybe a bit tighter dispersion due to strike and how I agree a bit better with that shaft, but this one was pretty illuminating. Similar strikes high on the face and the ST-Z had a clear 15 yards more distance.

If you are in the market you are nuts to not put this up against anything.

View attachment 9108727
Similar to what I’ve seen. My last few rounds with @Nate was the proof I needed that this one has all the distance you need. they usually build a Walmart between our tee shots and recently it’s been a corner store.

Since learning my swing this summer clearly does better with a stiffer tip, AV White is currently being built up. Stand by for more Mizuno bombs.

AV White popped two drives deep during league tonight. The head is really stable. Got too excited on the last two tees and sliced it right, but at that point the match was over and I was just trying to crank one 🤷‍♂️

Tonight’s 9 was fun with this driver. 5/7 fairways and those who I’ve been fortunate to play with will recognize that the distance is great for me. This driver release should easily be getting more chatter.

Hole 1:
E02625AC-033C-4DFD-B0DE-AB019AC7DB24.jpeg

Hole 2:29E25D4A-97A6-41B3-8636-2FAD9D895765.jpeg
Hole 3:

Hole 4: Intentional cut around the trees 😎
6DE75576-1148-423A-A454-69EF9D426F96.jpeg

Hole 6: Popped this up a bit into a headwind but was impressed with the distance given the flight I saw.
68896CD7-CA9B-4C02-8BCE-E693A2CD5B83.jpeg

Hole 8: Can‘t win em all 🤷‍♂️4065D7DD-CD54-4FB1-AE09-5BCC4EE57503.jpeg

Hole 9: Ending it strong
A2C2ADC7-4689-4450-8847-26AF94F99E0A.jpeg

I am on the verge of becoming a brand 'Ho. I have been playing with an STZ 220 10.5 degree dialed down to 9.375 degrees, +2 face.
And instead of a 3 wood, an STX 12 degree played neutral, 0 degree face angle.
The versatility and effortlessly moving the ball both ways off the tee has been a game changer for this old fart.
(at least it was till I got the Rona a couple weeks ago and now my clubs feel like they weigh 20# each).
I cant believe the bargains these drivers are. I got them for $299.00 each from Golf Galaxy and Carls. Very underrated drivers.

Sound and stability are easily this club’s two best attirbutes. It is plenty deep as I spoke to before, but man, when you explore all over the face playing an impromptu 18 early morning like I did this morning, this driver did everything I would want it to keep it in the playing field. Hit five or six fairways which is about the norm for me but just off in a few swings that frankly had no business staying in a good spot.

i picked up a minty fresh stz220 off here just waiting for my tensei 1k pro white 60x to show up. I’m a 108-112 speed kind of guy Really hopeful this going to be a fairway finding bomber for me

i picked up a minty fresh stz220 off here just waiting for my tensei 1k pro white 60x to show up. I’m a 108-112 speed kind of guy Really hopeful this going to be a fairway finding bomber for me
Can’t wait to hear how it works out. I’m guessing yes from my experience.

So this just happened...

20220824_183514.jpg

Anyone have experience with Mizuno's warranty department?

Can’t wait to hear how it works out. I’m guessing yes from my experience.
played my first 27 with it yesterday 80% fairways with a 270y average for a 15 handicap, i had an exceptional day for me, i love this thing, mishits just go straight, its unlike anything ive ever swung before, and ive had a LOT of drivers

played my first 27 with it yesterday 80% fairways with a 270y average for a 15 handicap, i had an exceptional day for me, i love this thing, mishits just go straight, its unlike anything ive ever swung before, and ive had a LOT of drivers
Great to hear your experience mimics mine. It’s such a stable head. If I do anything close to my part it fills in the rest.

So this just happened...

View attachment 9115098

Anyone have experience with Mizuno's warranty department?
Hitting a little high on the clubface, eh?
I have hit a couple like that with my STZ, not even a scuff of a dummy mark.. Good luck with warranty.

Just wondering if anyone could compare either the ST-X 220 or ST-Z 220 with the originals? They look so similar that I'm not sure I would consider a change being an upgrade. Particularly interested in the sound comparison. Love the more muted sound of my current ST-X.

Great to hear your experience mimics mine. It’s such a stable head. If I do anything close to my part it fills in the rest.

This was my feeling with last year's ST-X. Great driver, more should know about it. I'm glad you are having a good time with it this season!

This was my feeling with last year's ST-X. Great driver, more should know about it. I'm glad you are having a good time with it this season!
It has been a fun summer. I’m pushing almost 10% more fairways found than last year which just makes golf more fun.

Last year's STs were just a bit tougher to launch, and not quite as forgiving. Love the sound of the new models, but I loved last years as well. If you hit all over the face, it's worth the upgrade. If you are fairly consistent in your strikes, save the money.

Just wondering if anyone could compare either the ST-X 220 or ST-Z 220 with the originals? They look so similar that I'm not sure I would consider a change being an upgrade. Particularly interested in the sound comparison. Love the more muted sound of my current ST-X.

I have gamed both the OG ST-Z and the ST-Z 220. The OG is a perfectly good club. However, the 220 is noticeably straighter and more forgiving. It also has a much better feel, in my opinion. Length is about the same on good hits, the 220 is less punishing on mishits.

Back