2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all ever say in the morning "today I'm going to eat a salad with water" (or something healthy) then end up buying junk food?!

One thing I've discovered about eating healthy is that it involves a lot of WILLPOWER! I
I'm currently in the works in reducing a little muffin top I have - wish me luck haha

Do y'all ever say in the morning "today I'm going to eat a salad with water" (or something healthy) then end up buying junk food?!

One thing I've discovered about eating healthy is that it involves a lot of WILLPOWER! I
I'm currently in the works in reducing a little muffin top I have - wish me luck haha

Good luck!!

Weekends are my problem because I am out and about. During the week, it’s all about meal prepping. If the food is already made, it’s easy to just grab it and eat it.

Went off the diet for vacation and need to get back into a better routine again. It's always hard for me to start back up after taking time off the diet!

Still fighting the fight but spinning my wheels. Now, as I’m getting back into walking, I’ve gotten shin splints for the first time in my life. Been fighting them about a week. They began as I went from 3 to 4 miles a day. At first, Stamina Pro patches worked. I added in some Theragun. I probably should’ve taken a day or two off but I’m in a good routine and didn’t want to miss any time. This morning, despite Stamina Pro patches, and ibuprofen taken when the pain woke me up at 3 am, the pain is awful.

Any tips other than time off?

Still fighting the fight but spinning my wheels. Now, as I’m getting back into walking, I’ve gotten shin splints for the first time in my life. Been fighting them about a week. They began as I went from 3 to 4 miles a day. At first, Stamina Pro patches worked. I added in some Theragun. I probably should’ve taken a day or two off but I’m in a good routine and didn’t want to miss any time. This morning, despite Stamina Pro patches, and ibuprofen taken when the pain woke me up at 3 am, the pain is awful.

Resting when you are in a groove is soooo hard, but your body needs rest, it's incredibly important. It's actually how you lose weight and build muscle. Listen to your body, it's tell you to take a day off. Maybe try something else, focus on upper body but give your legs some rest.

Went through the same thing. Shin splints tore me up right when I was grinding hard. I had to finally shut it down for 3-4 days to let myself heal. It sucks but you have to give your body time to heal/recover.

Another snack I have found that you get quite a bit of volume for lower calories is PIPCORN Cheese balls. Not the greatest macros but man I feel satisfied after after eating a serving just from the volume.

I had tennis leg in one of my calfs years ago. Started using those compression wraps and helped tremendously when walking/jogging while it healed. No idea if it will help but maybe?

4CC23115-42FE-4CC7-A9BA-DDE079AC0104.png

155.6 this morning. People are starting to say "where are you going to lose those 5 pounds from!":ROFLMAO:

Thanks to @GolferGal and her incredible meal planning skills for the Victory Cup I'm up 3lb to 176.5. :ROFLMAO: I'm glad I don't eat that much day to day. It seriously felt like I had two thanksgiving dinners back-to-back nights :ROFLMAO:Totally worth it and the food was out of this world. I'm going to be trying to recreate that Watermelon Feta salad for the rest of my life. But, I do need to get back to the plan. I've returned to work today and I'm eating my 'work salad' (chicken caesar with spinach) and I'll resume my 'at work workouts' tonight. It's time to turn this added weight into muscle. 💪

Thanks to @GolferGal and her incredible meal planning skills for the Victory Cup I'm up 3lb to 176.5. :ROFLMAO: I'm glad I don't eat that much day to day. It seriously felt like I had two thanksgiving dinners back-to-back nights :ROFLMAO:Totally worth it and the food was out of this world. I'm going to be trying to recreate that Watermelon Feta salad for the rest of my life. But, I do need to get back to the plan. I've returned to work today and I'm eating my 'work salad' (chicken caesar with spinach) and I'll resume my 'at work workouts' tonight. It's time to turn this added weight into muscle. 💪

Sorry, kind of not sorry 😂.

Sorry, kind of not sorry 😂.
I know you enjoy messing with folks at this point. The Goat was the same thing.

In other news I am still in the same spot I've been for 6 months it feels like.

Up, down, up, down. The same 8-10 pounds. I'm so lacking in will power to resist evening snacking.

I know you enjoy messing with folks at this point. The Goat was the same thing.

In other news I am still in the same spot I've been for 6 months it feels like.

I feel the same way, the scale just doesn't really want to move. I somehow got below 115 a while back, but that was short lived and it was right back to 116-117 which is where I have been living for months now. I do think some of this is muscle though, as I posted just a few minutes ago in the fitness thread, I am seeing some major upper body progress, so I just keep telling myself it's muscle building and that's why the scale is stagnant.

Last edited:
I feel the same way, the scale just doesn't really want to move. I somehow got below 115 a while back, but that was short lived and it was right back to 116-117 which is where I have been living for months now. I do think some of this is muscle though, as I posted just a few minutes ago in the fitness thread, I am seeing some major up body progress, so I just keep telling myself it's muscle building and that's why the scale is stagnant.
It's more about how my clothes fit and how they look on me than the number on the scale. Sure it's nice to be under a number like 175 and what I shoot for but there is no real rhyme or reason why I picked that specific number, why not 173, 172, etc... It was a nice easy number to identify with? Doesn't mean anything. Once I got to a certain point 'scale victories' were/are no longer a thing.

Up, down, up, down. The same 8-10 pounds. I'm so lacking in will power to resist evening snacking.

Don't stop snacking. Turn it to your advantage. Snack on things that are low or 0 calories. What those are? I dunno:unsure::unsure::D

I feel the same way, the scale just doesn't really want to move. I somehow got below 115 a while back, but that was short lived and it was right back to 116-117 which is where I have been living for months now. I do think some of this is muscle though, as I posted just a few minutes ago in the fitness thread, I am seeing some major upper body progress, so I just keep telling myself it's muscle building and that's why the scale is stagnant.

Muscle burns fat is what I heard. Congrats on your goals!

Only things I can think of are celery and no thanks.
I've been trying to brainwash myself that celery is an acceptable snack. For a decent while I was able to get by with celery dipped in buffalo sauce. Now, it's just not doing it.

I saw a recipe on reddit for a chickpea salad. It looks pretty tasty. It says it's healthy.

reddit chickpea salad

I saw a recipe on reddit for a chickpea salad. It looks pretty tasty. It says it's healthy.

reddit chickpea salad

Chickpea's are also known as garbanzo beans, it's what you make hummus from. They are high in fiber and natural plant protein, and not just that but a complete protein, which is very hard to find from plant based foods, so they are quite nutritious. For people watching carbs, they are a high in carbs though.

I went into the office on Monday for the first time in a while. about 10am they celbrated something and small cakes and stuff sitting out all morning. it took will power not to touch it. i had two thoughts. (1) if I give in it will never stop, (2) the cakes were relatively healthy (not dounuts) but still effectively poisen if we define poisen as something that will fill your blood with suger and have you craving more in 45 minutes or less.

in a small group text with some buddies later we got into a dialog that virtually everything we the public eats that is convient is bad for us but it is what everybody eats. Given that, the amount of will power to eat good things over a long period of time is very high. Takes a mental model change to sustain in my opinion.

Chickpea's are also known as garbanzo beans, it's what you make hummus from. They are high in fiber and natural plant protein, and not just that but a complete protein, which is very hard to find from plant based foods, so they are quite nutritious. For people watching carbs, they are a high in carbs though.

chick peas have a glycemic index of 28 which means they are great carbs. Costco has a chickpea pasta that I buy from time to time to give me that bad carb sensation. Black beans are another good carb. Low glycemic means they disolve into the blood very slowly. it goes withotu saying that one can ruin the low carb meal by having garlic bread with it:(

chick peas have a glycemic index of 28 which means they are great carbs. Costco has a chickpea pasta that I buy from time to time to give me that bad carb sensation. Black beans are another good carb. Low glycemic means they disolve into the blood very slowly. it goes withotu saying that one can ruin the low carb meal by having garlic bread with it:(

I know all about that, I was just stating for people who are keto or low carb that it is a carb. I don’t believe in any of that, I’m not a restrictive diet person, but I know many are.

Also, more power to you that you can eat that chickpea pasta, I eat a lot of interesting healthy stuff, but I took one bite of that and spit it out. Not for me, no thank you. 😂

I will add that your info on glycemic index is helpful, I hope people who aren’t familiar with it read up on it. It’s a great way to explain why berries (gasp another carb) are good for you and should be eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back