2023 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Putters

5K is everything I hoped it would be, and more.

I'm going to try something crazy. I'm going to put a no offset single bend shaft onto the DW.

I'm going to try something crazy. I'm going to put a no offset single bend shaft onto the DW.
interesting...what are you hoping it will change? your Edel fitting resulted in no offset shaft, right?

I continue to absolutely adore my Tri-Hot Three. It's been a bit now but had a 3 day trip with some guys I haven't played with in a while and received multiple compliments on how good my putting was the entire time. That's purely a product of the putter.

My Rossie was the only club in the bag that was good yesterday. it is just very easy to set up and roll the ball smoothly.

I put the Rossi back in the bag for todays round. 33 total putts with 2 birds. I left 2 other birds on the edge. No 3 putts today. Shot a 76 and had to make a sandy par on 18 from 10 feet to do it. After using the jailbird for a week or so I do like the feel of the Tri hot face better. I have a tournament coming up Oct15th and will be leaving the Rossi in the bag for that.

Apparently I went to Dicks Sports on my lunch break today and spotted a Tri-Hot 5K One there but right handed. Rolled it, liked it alot, next thing I know CPO is 2 daying me a lefty Tri-Hot 5K One. 😀

I already own the Tri-Hot 5K Seven. Looks like a Mallot vs Blade battle.

$400 putter on CPO now half price.

Arrived today at work. UPS driver made me open the box as he wanted to see the new club. LOL.

IMG_7059.jpeg

Played 9 this afternoon and had 3 birdies and a total of 14 putts. 4 one putts on the day. I did give myself a 25 foot eagle putt on hole 9 which is a par 5 but left it about 4 feet short lol. the Rossie was feeling good today!

14 putts today on the front 9. I had 4 one putts with 1 birdie and 1 eagle!

14 putts today on the front 9. I had 4 one putts with 1 birdie and 1 eagle!
Great putting! I can't get that Rossie out of my head since I rolled yours at AZ National. Rossie with a Garsen, mmm.

Just traded in my Rossie S OG WH for a TRI hot Rossie S With a stroke lab shaft.

I made 2 bombs one 30ft and one around 25ft on my morning 9 with the double wide 5k.

This head with the KBS GPS is cash money.

I want a Tri-Hot Jailbird so bad! I'll be over the freaking moon if it's in the 2024 lineup.

I made 2 bombs one 30ft and one around 25ft on my morning 9 with the double wide 5k.

This head with the KBS GPS is cash money.

What is it that fits your eye so well with it if you don’t mind me asking?

What is it that fits your eye so well with it if you don’t mind me asking?
It’s the plumber neck. This is the first putter I’ve ever used with one and it just works for me. That combined with the double wide size frames the ball very nicely for me.

I want a Tri-Hot Jailbird so bad! I'll be over the freaking moon if it's in the 2024 lineup.

That would be awesome!

Back to back birdies were made today with the Rossie! A total of 31 putts for the round. Greens were slow after yesterdays round it took some getting use to. Going to hunt down some fast greens to practice on this week to work on some speed control.

I posted this over in the KBS GPS thread but it needs to be here too.

The Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Doublewide paired with the KBS GPS shaft is a magic instrument, seriously.

At the start of the year I set a goal for myself to get from around 34-36 putts per round to an average of 30. I'm getting very close to my goal. I'm currently at 31.6.

It's no coincidence that my putting average started dropping like a rock after acquiring the 5K and putting a KBS GPS in it. The feeling I get with that combo is nothing short of incredible. It's like they are built for each other. Peanut butter and jelly.

Seeing this thread pop up made me think it was time to review the strongest part of my game for this past season. Yeah I'm saying past season, as the days are dwindling down and it's pretty likely I've played my last round (in Wisconsin at least) for 2023. There might be a random 9 holes that will pop up in the next couple of months, but the forecast doesn't make it look promising.

I've had the Triple Wide 5k putter in the bag since December 21 (Thanks Callaway and the Grandaddy!). I've been in love with it every day since. True story - I have a back up Triple Wide in storage just in case something happens to the original. God forbid it gets lost or damaged in any way, I have a back up because I know this putter works for me.

It's hands down the most consistent club in my bag. It goes bad on me from time to time, but we always figure things out together and get back on track. I'm not making everything from 10+ feet but I get myself close, so consistently in fact that I don't plan on changing anything with this putter.

That said - I'm a gear junkie and i have a feeling Callaway might come out with something in the next few months that'll make me re-think this position. But for now I'm dead set on starting 2024 with the Triple Wide 5K in my bag. The feel of it. The weight of it. The sound of it. It's the only time I can remember in all my years of golf where I didn't want to upgrade it at some during the last two years. That's saying something for someone like me.

I could not get a putt to drop today for the life of me. I lipped out 4 birdie putts and one par putt. It was just one of those days where the ball didn't drop. I might have been walking a few of those in also lol. Speed control was good but what a frustrating day on the greens.

2 seasons with the 5k triple wide in the bag and my putting was really good.

Back