2023 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Putters

Putting this weekend was good. Speed control and rolling the ball clean off of the face was good for me. I do feel that my putting has improved since getting the Rossie in the bag. While some did come up just short on some putts i have zero complaints how i rolled the ball.
Were the short putts on lag type putts or just normal 10-12 footers etc. ?

I had my best putting day in a long time yesterday. I really focused on a light grip, and letting my shoulders swing the putter back and through, and I was getting awesome end-over-end roll visible with the triple track. Pace on long putts was excellent, and I couldn't miss (except one bad one) from inside 6 feet. Helped me win my opening round match of our flight for the club championship. I had a number of shots just short that were better to putt than chip, and I got up and down every time. The triple Wide was straight fire for me

Were the short putts on lag type putts or just normal 10-12 footers etc. ?

More normal putts. The lags have been good as long as I don't look up to try and watch the ball lol.

38 total putts today with the Rossie. while that seems really high I used the putter off the green 3 times and counted those also. I did have 1 birdie and lipped out another one. The greens were trash today as the punched them and sanded them last week. No complaints with the result today.

17 putts today for my 9 holes. I had 3-1 putts and 2-3 putts. Greens were really slow and i thought i hammered a few putts to get close and was way short. I did hit a birdie on hole 9 which was a great way to finish.

17 putts today for my 9 holes. I had 3-1 putts and 2-3 putts. Greens were really slow and i thought i hammered a few putts to get close and was way short. I did hit a birdie on hole 9 which was a great way to finish.
Oddball question: what is your grip style? Is it crosshanded or standard? I use a standard old man with the pointed index finger. Looking for a putter that will allow me more ooomph on slow/aerated greens without having to change my technique.

Oddball question: what is your grip style? Is it crosshanded or standard? I use a standard old man with the pointed index finger. Looking for a putter that will allow me more ooomph on slow/aerated greens without having to change my technique.

So i am using the Garsen Max Tour grip with the ridge the middle on the front. I put a thumb on each side of that. It helps keep my elbows in. I guess i would call that more standard if anything.

15 putts through 9. Pretty solid with this putter.

Not a bad day with the Rossie today I had 34 total putts and 4 of those I counted were from off of the green. I made birdie on hole 1 and 18. I had two other birdie putts that I was walking in and the missed by less than an inch lol.

Was at Club Champion this morning and saw this awesome display! So much coolness in there lol!
IMG_3258.jpeg

Another round, and another where I gained 1.66 strokes (against scratch) putting with the CS Triple Wide. Pace control was very good. I had one three putt, which was just me way under reading the degree of downhill I had, leaving a 40 footer about 8 feet short. The big thing for me has been seeing the triple track on the ball roll end over end consistently, especially on longer range putts. Even when I have to get some oomph behind the ball, it still rolls true.

Rolling putts for about an hour today. I spent the most time working about 6 feet and in trying to get a consistent feel and not push the ball. I also worked on some longer lags trying to get tight groups as close as possible. On the putt below i was laughing because i sunk all 3 yellow truvis and not one of the white cs. I was alternating the color of the ball on the putts so when all 3 of the yellow dropped i just shook my head and laughed. I do like the way the ball rolls off of the face of my Rossie. Getting it to roll smooth is very easy.
PP.jpgPP1.jpg
PP2.jpg

Not a bad weekend with the Rossie. 30 putts yesterday with 5 one putts and 33 putts today 3 one putts. Todays greens were just so pure it was crazy. I was walking in a birdie on 9 and it lipped out 🤣. I am rolling the ball smoothly off of the face. Just need to keep the practice up on the green reading and speed work.

Practice session this evening for about an hour and a half. @BB Fan Girl and i went and had a little competition, I only had 1 3 putt during the contest. I then spent a lot of time on uphill and downhill 3-6 feet. The main focus was trying not to over grip and have a smooth follow through. Fun evening on the putting green.

30 total putts today with five 1 putts on the back 9. I was chipping really well and leaving myself some nice looks to save par. I did make a birdie on the front 9 and left two other birdies just off the cup. I’m rolling the Rosie well right now and the last two rounds have been on some fast greens. I’m going to need a good putter next Sat for my match so will be hitting up the putting green a lot this week.

32 putts today with no birdies. I missed the two good opportunities I had. The greens were a bit bumpy and the speed seemed different on some versus others. I did make some nice longer putts anyone from off the green to save a par which was nice. Overall a solid day with the Rossie.

So, the triple center shaft intrigues me.

It looks awesome. If I wasn’t putting VERY well with my Cleveland center shaft, I’d be looking hard at that putter.

33 putts yesterday with a handful of 1 putts. I lipped a few out also. My lag putting was really good yesterday which was nice. Playing some really fast hard greens today. I would love to have 30 or less putts that would be exceptional.

31 putts with the Rossie today. 2 birdies and I hit the stick and it bounced out for another. Another good day of lag putting.

Rolling putts for about an hour today. I spent the most time working about 6 feet and in trying to get a consistent feel and not push the ball. I also worked on some longer lags trying to get tight groups as close as possible. On the putt below i was laughing because i sunk all 3 yellow truvis and not one of the white cs. I was alternating the color of the ball on the putts so when all 3 of the yellow dropped i just shook my head and laughed. I do like the way the ball rolls off of the face of my Rossie. Getting it to roll smooth is very easy.
View attachment 9197734View attachment 9197736
View attachment 9197738
Funny, It's been a month and the city courses greens are still as shaggy as that pic.
Played Del yesterday, and our group struggled to get the ball to the hole all day.

Funny, It's been a month and the city courses greens are still as shaggy as that pic.
Played Del yesterday, and our group struggled to get the ball to the hole all day.

Ya the muni courses are horribly slow

For someone with an affinity towards SeeMore putters, the triple wide CS would fit right into that stable.

Back