2023 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Putters

So earlier this week I went on a “mission” to mess around with the Odyssey 7 style putters. Kinda warming up to them. Anyway, been messing around on their website. They offer 3 shafts, 5 different lies, 12 lengths, and 51 grip choices.

What the hell? I’ve been living under a rock.

🤯

35 putts today with the Rossie while that is high I was not rolling the ball bad at all. The greens were about a 12 today. I had 2-3 putts and i just missed the slight downhill on one of those reading it wrong. I did have 2-1 putts today and I bet I burned 5-6 edges that I thought were dropping in. Putting practice at lunch has stopped because it is so hot out. I need to get back at that and figure out a time to fit it in or just suffer on the green for a bit.

Went to the putting green early this morning for about an hour of practice. I worked on not letting my putter flip and the end. I felt i had more consistent rolls even though i feel i have been putting well. I then got my mirror out and worked on my set up verifying i was standing where i wanted. Will practice again tomorrow before the weekend rounds!

Been rolling the WH OG 7 DB since I started golfing. Turns out due to my natural swing path, I need a putter with some toe hang. Since I was at PGASS yesterday looking for a new cart bag I thought I'd give the Tri-Hot 5K 7CH a try and boy oh boy did that putter feel awesome! I was dropping putts from everywhere. I know it can be somewhat misleading putting on indoor turf like that, but since Callaway is doing a $25 off the Tri-Hot models right now, it sure is tempting. I've been eyeing the Las Vegas models for a while, but man, that 7CH just felt so dang good!

My wallet and Mrs. Guru are not going to be happy with me! I just picked up a Paradym X a few weeks ago, looking at a new bag, now possibly a putter and oh yeah, Apex release just around the corner. :oops:

Last edited:
Been rolling the WH OG 7 DB since I started golfing. Turns out due to my natural swing path, I need a putter with some toe hang. Since I was at PGASS yesterday looking for a new cart bag I thought I'd give the Tri-Hot 5K 7CH a try and boy oh boy did that putter feel awesome! I was dropping putts from everywhere. I know it can be somewhat misleading putting on indoor turf like that, but since Callaway is doing a $25 off the Tri-Hot models right now, it sure is tempting. I've been eyeing the Las Vegas models for a while, but man, that 7CH just felt so dang good!

My wallet and Mrs. Guru are not going to be happy with me! I just picked up a Paradym X a few weeks ago, looking at a new bag, now possibly a putter and oh yeah, Apex release just around the corner. :oops:

just remember……………..

00679BE6-216C-4220-9890-A9AA74B1B286.jpeg

Looks like Mini Hadi05 will be getting a Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide with a crank neck hosel. His swing path needs some toe hang and the alignment aid on the flange helped him a lot.

I'm going to have a 34" 7 CH for sale in the next week ;)

@USAF Retired, oh man, if only I played a 34"!

I need a 35" so ended up ordering direct from Callaway. I should have just bought the one on the floor at PGASS the other day. Seems like a relatively hot item; none in stock at any of the nearby shops and Cally just updated my order to say it's 1-2 weeks out. :(

Edit: And I just got the updated email that it has shipped. Should have it before the weekend!

Last edited:
Putting practice session this aft working 6 feet and in. I was really focusing on a smoother putting stroke with a good follow through. I found today that the less i thought about the putt the more i was draining them from the shorter distances. Going to try and get 9 in tomorrow aft for some on course practice.

I had 13 putts through 9 with my TW today. Totally comfortable with this putter and really dig the Garsen Max grip.

Didn’t get to play but got a practice session in. @BB Fan Girl and I were having a chip close and then putt out contest. I had no 3 putts and 4 one putts! That is some of the best practice I can do.

I played a different nine today with harder greens. I had 18 putts with 1 3 putt and 1 birdie. Pretty happy with that.

Mini Hadi05 will have his putter Monday!

The Tri-Hot 5k Rossie DB is still 🔥 for me!

7 CH was delivered late yesterday. Rolled a few on the practice mat and it felt just as good as it did in the store. I’ve got two rounds scheduled this weekend which will provide me a good chance to put it through the paces.

Great maiden voyage yesterday. Rolled 36 putts where my average is usually in the mid to upper 40’s. Three, 3 putts, three 1 puts and the rest were 2 putts. Need to work on distance control, but this putter is very forgiving to be sure. Contemplating going back to a SuperStroke grip, but think I might keep rolling the stock one for a bit and see how it goes.

For those on the fence, go give these a try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

Triple wide continues to be a bright spot in my bag. One 3 putt from a looong way the last time out, but hitting my pace and line have both been pretty good recently. On some quick, bumpy, brand new to mean slope-y greens last week, I putted pretty well, gaining strokes against my handicap. Paired with the triple track ball, I can see that I am getting great roll off the club face. Leaving a lot of tap-ins is never going to get me upset.

The stock grip has been wearing quite a bit considering the amount of play I've had. I'll have to snap a picture and post it next time I am able. But other than that, no big complaints.

Putting this weekend was good. Speed control and rolling the ball clean off of the face was good for me. I do feel that my putting has improved since getting the Rossie in the bag. While some did come up just short on some putts i have zero complaints how i rolled the ball.

Didn't putt particularly well this weekend compared to how I normally do, but not terrible either. I did however receive several compliments on how well I roll the 7 DB. Comments on how smooth my stroke is and how clean the ball comes off the face; rolls quick, no bouncing. Continue to love this thing.

Absolutely loving the tri-hot one. Played about three full rounds (and a handful of par 3 exec rounds) with it so far and my putting has improved dramatically. Last three rounds were 30-34 putts vs. the 37-40 putts I was averaging prior to it. I think the two main things I've noticed with this putter are my distance control is miles better than it was prior to using it and I'm able to get the putt rolling on my line more consistently. Its a good feeling having some confidence back in my putting.

Come Grandaddy time… I’m going to be looking at double or triple wide style but keeping an open mind to see what the fitters think would help

Mini Hadi05 is...

He found a way to go outside tonight with his Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide with glow in the dark golf balls. He's officially #lunaticfringe. So, he now has the THP Limited Series blade putter cover!
20230717_210011.jpg
20230717_210138.jpg20230717_212410.jpg
20230717_212431.jpg

As I use the same putter it’s obvious he’s clearly going to be a man of great taste and distinction!

This is guaranteed! He woke me up early this morning asking to go practice!

Back