Tour Event 2024 Cognizant Classic in the Palm Beaches

1709326048140.png

Nick Dunlap with an ace

Looked like CK's left handed swing ended up in the bunker.
Not only that, but it looked like he may have been able to take a penalty stroke and drop it from the fairway.

Doh.

With all due respect to those of you who have played this course and are enjoying this tournament; this is not what I want from professional golf. Granted, I'm old and have been a fan of the PGA Tour for over fifty years. While it's always great to see a young guy win his first Tour event; I feel like I'm watching one of the early college football bowl games. There are only three names on the leaderboard after round two that I even know. If LIV's plan was too dilute the game and decrease interest in the PGA Tour, they are winning. I guess I'm just old and don't understand where professional golf is headed. At least the majors are still important. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the "designated" events. So far I haven't watched a single LIV event even though Cam Smith and Jon Rahm were two of my favorites before they left the PGA Tour. Anyway, I'm glad some of you are enjoying this event. I guess I'm just too old and too set in my ways.

Rory better F’ing win this amateur event..

This has to be the worst field this event has had in a long time.

It’s typically bad. But this “feels” really bad. But outside of Riv has any tour event had a good field? When is the next signature event? Bay hill?

Seems true, but this years OWGR rating is somehow far greater than 22, or 23. 23 barely cracked 180….

294 this year compared to 181 last year, and 227 in 2022.

179 in 2021…. Sorry, my wife is watching a movie I have no interest in, and I’m bored stiff tonight 😒

Followed Rory, Knapp & Kirk for their front 9 and it was relatively easy to see every shot. There was a decent crowd but no lines anywhere which was really odd. Concession stands only sold Corona products so that was a huge mistake IMO. Titos lounge and their John Dalys never disappoint.

I consider myself a big golf fan and I didn't know most of the players warming up on the range. Or while looking at nearby tee boxes and greens didn't recognize the last name with the walking scorer. I'm afraid this will be the norm for non-signature events.

Merch tent and pro shop were solid as always. The palm tree logo is new this year so I thought it looked cool on hats and shirts. Picked up a Peter Millar polo and PGA National ball marker.
0884ddd5f5319f58aacf4b85d5b8d68b.jpg

Henley! Four under after 4. What a start.

Also, is there a better sound than a well hit shot hitting a tree?

Kirk just hit an amazing shot, left handed and the club flipped upside down.

If I try that, someone is getting hit.

One THP event there on that same hole I went for a shot, crushed it, hit one of those trees to his left, and it came back and hit me square in the knee cap. This worked out way better for him.

One THP event there on that same hole I went for a shot, crushed it, hit one of those trees to his left, and it came back and hit me square in the knee cap. This worked out way better for him.
That's not how you are supposed to do it.

Lesson learned.
I blame the courses really. Putting trees where the ball should easily be able to pass through.

I blame the courses really. Putting trees where the ball should easily be able to pass through.
so damn true. Who would do such a thing?

Back