2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

I grabbed a dozen of the new QST and managed to get out for 9 holes on Saturday to try it out a little. I know it's supposed to be a little firmer, but it still feels really soft, which I like. Distance was good on irons and wedges. I didn't have the best driver swing Saturday, but seemed to be getting good distance there too. Hopefully next time I'll do a little better off the tee and get a better idea of how it performs there. Short game shots really impressed me. I hit a couple of low pitch shots that I expected to release a bit, but the ball just put on the brakes. I've been playing the Chrome Soft this past year and while I still feel like I'm getting a bit more spin out of it around the green, this new QST seems to have made another step closer in performance. Still a small sample size for me, of course, but I like what I saw.
Appreciate the feedback @will . Keep it coming!

Saw the Divides at DSG this evening. I got excited because the sticker said $34.99. 😀 They rang up at $39.99 though. 😒

Ha, at Academy and Walmart, the balls never line up to the sticker price. Curious how the new QST plays compared to the prior gen.

I need to pick up a few boxes but the local TGW only has last years version atm.

Put this QStar Divide back in to play today, and I just love that ball. Blue/Yellow just works for me, and it's everything I like in a ball.

Being able to watch the spin, mid air, visually just is a ton of fun, even though the putts are nauseating.

The visualy feedback I get from this design far surpasses the feel feedback I get when I hit it.

Played the new QST at Pinehurst #3 and Southern Pines this past weekend and just like its predecessor, I believe it's still the best bang for your buck of any ball on the market. The greens at #3 were brutal and Southern Pines was only a little better. I don't think I get quite as much spin around the greens as the Chrome Soft that I played last year, but it's still really good. I don't know that there's a ball out there that would've helped me hold the greens at #3 and it was really more of my short game weaknesses that was the problem. The spin was there and was noticeable at Southern Pines where I started to hit my wedges better.

It performed well off of irons both days, but driver is where I felt like there was the most improvement. I played the old QST a few times at the end of last year and noticed I was getting a little too much spin with driver. That doesn't seem to be happening with the new QST, which resulted in better distances over the weekend. There were a few tee shots that really surprised me. Durability seems to be as good as its predecessor to me. I played the same ball for the entire weekend, so 36 holes and will put it in play again my next time out. It's got some scuffs, but it's still playable. I've got some other balls that I want to try this year, but the QST could easily by my gamer for the year.

Played the new QST at Pinehurst #3 and Southern Pines this past weekend and just like its predecessor, I believe it's still the best bang for your buck of any ball on the market. The greens at #3 were brutal and Southern Pines was only a little better. I don't think I get quite as much spin around the greens as the Chrome Soft that I played last year, but it's still really good. I don't know that there's a ball out there that would've helped me hold the greens at #3 and it was really more of my short game weaknesses that was the problem. The spin was there and was noticeable at Southern Pines where I started to hit my wedges better.

It performed well off of irons both days, but driver is where I felt like there was the most improvement. I played the old QST a few times at the end of last year and noticed I was getting a little too much spin with driver. That doesn't seem to be happening with the new QST, which resulted in better distances over the weekend. There were a few tee shots that really surprised me. Durability seems to be as good as its predecessor to me. I played the same ball for the entire weekend, so 36 holes and will put it in play again my next time out. It's got some scuffs, but it's still playable. I've got some other balls that I want to try this year, but the QST could easily by my gamer for the year.
Great feedback. Appreciate it. Not surprised you saw a little more spin out of the CS, but I bet it wasn't far off.

Great feedback. Appreciate it. Not surprised you saw a little more spin out of the CS, but I bet it wasn't far off.
I think it's probably closer than we would expect. The CS wouldn't have saved me on the greens at Pinehurst. lol

I'd like to get on a launch monitor and compare, but not sure I'll get the opportunity. I'll be able to compare it a little better playing my home course. But, based on what I've seen so far, I may be switching back to the trusty QST.

Being able to watch the spin, mid air, visually just is a ton of fun, even though the putts are nauseating.
I can always tell a bad strike by the colors tumbling. I love the divide for putting as you can easily see a nice roll. It's probably just me, but it seems to putt slower then a Titleist ball.

I can always tell a bad strike by the colors tumbling. I love the divide for putting as you can easily see a nice roll. It's probably just me, but it seems to putt slower then a Titleist ball.
Favorite part is hitting an iron or wedge in to the green, and watching it completely change direction when it lands and spins.

Im such a huge fan of Divides.

I jumped on the buy 2 get one deal. But haven't been out yet. Ankle is about ready. So hopefully soon.

I jumped on the buy 2 get one deal. But haven't been out yet. Ankle is about ready. So hopefully soon.
I loaded up when Amazon had them BOGO. I have plenty. Love these balls.

Im such a huge fan of Divides.
I love the Divides too, and I enjoyed the Q Star Red/Yellow but I just couldn't get used to the "mushy" feel and it was shorter for me than the Z-Star XV. I've got a bit of a supply of the XV Divides now but I might have to give the Q Star Tour another try to see if the marshmallow feel has been resolved.

I love the Divides too, and I enjoyed the Q Star Red/Yellow but I just couldn't get used to the "mushy" feel and it was shorter for me than the Z-Star XV. I've got a bit of a supply of the XV Divides now but I might have to give the Q Star Tour another try to see if the marshmallow feel has been resolved.
Definitely give them a try. @Hawk talked quite a bit about the changes in the article above

Are the glossy divides better than the matte ones?
I don't know if better is the right word, but there a slight difference in the cover. The matte finished Divides are urethane covered, but don't have the Spin Skin coating, so they'll feel a little different in hand and you may see a minor difference in wedge spin.

I love the divide concept, it's interesting that Srixon isn't using the "spin skin" on these and instead going a matte finish I wonder what the difference in spin between the divides and regular q-star tours is.
Now I am confused :1708111548310.png

What about? I can clarify.
The posts say Srixon isn't using the spin skin technology on the Divides, but their website says they are: see what I attached.

The posts say Srixon isn't using the spin skin technology on the Divides, but their website says they are: see what I attached.
Well dang, that's interesting Maybe the specs have been updated. They didn't include that verbiage in what I had.

Well dang, that's interesting Maybe the specs have been updated. They didn't include that verbiage in what I had.
I think they added Spinskin to the 2024 models.

When does the next "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale start? From my experience they have sales twice a year: The first around Father's Day in June and the second around Black Friday in November.

Back