2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

Worked a lot with the 50/54 vs the 159’s today, and man, they are both fantastic wedge designs, there is a ton of comfort for me out of both.

Thinking I might track down a 58 M.

@ddec what grind should lean towards in a 58?

@ddec what grind should lean towards in a 58?
Man I was D in the 54 and M in the 58/60. Hard to pass on that one as it plays so damn well.

Man I was D in the 54 and M in the 58/60. Hard to pass on that one as it plays so damn well.
Truth. I do love a HIGH bounce LW too though, the Cally X was badass last year for me, so maybe D for the 58….

I have the 54M and 58T, so far nickel finish is holding up very well to desert golf.

58 D grind with flight lines has my attention.

The SM9 60t appeared in my bag mid way through last season and eventually worked its way to being used 95% of the time a wedge is in play, it really does it all. Seriously upped my short game, along with a lot of practice learning about 15 ways to hit it. My favorite, ... until gaming an SM10 60t the last two rounds. Also about 700 plastic shots at home.

I read comments like subtle this and subtle that. The two most notable changes, the cg movement slightly more towards center eliminating the draw bias, and the lower trajectory, while maintaining spin; are in no way subtle. They are significant improvements that are noticeable immediately upon the first couple of swings. The cg movement makes hitting your draw more precise, and your straight shot straight on landing.

On course, when those two improvements meet, the 10 is noticeably more accurate. It will bring a lot of smiles to a lot of faces this year.

The leading edge is straighter than the 9. No concrete opinion on that, but I could see how it might help with lie deviations altering the club path. No complaints or observations of note.

Please, please do yourself a favor and ditch the s200 wedge shaft that comes with the club. That one aspect is such a limiting factor in what these wedges are capable of. The 8 iron spinner shaft is a great place to start, or end.

Last edited:
Darn you Bob, got to see a sm10 in person. I now own a 58m in black. Will go good with my wedge works 54k I’ve had forever. Been a long while since Vokeys been in the bag.

Darn you Bob, got to see a sm10 in person. I now own a 58m in black. Will go good with my wedge works 54k I’ve had forever. Been a long while since Vokeys been in the bag.
They’re excellent. As good as ever.

I’m still tempted to swap the 60T for a 58D

They’re excellent. As good as ever.

I’m still tempted to swap the 60T for a 58D
As much as I would love a T, the T wouldn’t love me back lol

As much as I would love a T, the T wouldn’t love me back lol
Same. On course and in our Bermuda, I need more bounce haha

Just got my SM10 wedges, hoping to get them out to the range/short game area later today to compare against the MG4 wedges I’m using at the moment.

These new SM10 are so beautiful in person (now that I've seen them live). The nickel finish is absolutely perfect to me and is definitely the way I will lean. Need to spend more time looking at the grinds and loft combinations, but very excited to try these next month.

These new SM10 are so beautiful in person (now that I've seen them live). The nickel finish is absolutely perfect to me and is definitely the way I will lean. Need to spend more time looking at the grinds and loft combinations, but very excited to try these next month.

The nickel finish is awesome!

The nickel finish is awesome!

Like they said on the Off Course episode, kind of perfectly between chrome and black...they nailed it.

These are still holding up nicely after 3 weeks of hitting balls.

IMG_0529.jpeg

Fitting confirmed on April 2 for a set of the SM 10’s. Really love the look of that Nickel finish. Cant wait to see what the fitter is able to do for me!

The SM9 60t appeared in my bag mid way through last season and eventually worked its way to being used 95% of the time a wedge is in play, it really does it all. Seriously upped my short game, along with a lot of practice learning about 15 ways to hit it. My favorite, ... until gaming an SM10 60t the last two rounds. Also about 700 plastic shots at home.

I read comments like subtle this and subtle that. The two most notable changes, the cg movement slightly more towards center eliminating the draw bias, and the lower trajectory, while maintaining spin; are in no way subtle. They are significant improvements that are noticeable immediately upon the first couple of swings. The cg movement makes hitting your draw more precise, and your straight shot straight on landing.

On course, when those two improvements meet, the 10 is noticeably more accurate. It will bring a lot of smiles to a lot of faces this year.

The leading edge is straighter than the 9. No concrete opinion on that, but I could see how it might help with lie deviations altering the club path. No complaints or observations of note.

Please, please do yourself a favor and ditch the s200 wedge shaft that comes with the club. That one aspect is such a limiting factor in what these wedges are capable of. The 8 iron spinner shaft is a great place to start, or end.
With that in mind, if one had a natural fade and occasionally fought a slice, and liked to use wedges for full swing shots, would they be better served finding some SM9s?

With that in mind, if one had a natural fade and occasionally fought a slice, and liked to use wedges for full swing shots, would they be better served finding some SM9s?
I don't think it will make much difference on promoting or reducing a given swing path. The sm9 does promote an overall slight right to left ball spin. In most instances it lands and has slight left side spin.

Drawing wedges allows for more roll, hopefully towards the hole. Fade is pretty much soft landing stop. Both have their purpose.

Use a draw stroke. Shallows the attack and engages the bounce.
I know how to play on Bermuda, haha

The issue is on the T, there isn’t enough bounce to engage.

Reactions: Wb3
Back