2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

Never played Vokeys personally but got to hit these during my wedge fitting this year and the sound/feel is definitely noticeable when you hit them well. I'm set for wedges but after finally hitting these I get the allure. Could definitely see taking the plunge on some of these in the future.

Great writeup as always @Jman

Love my sm9 vokeys … can’t say I’ll be springing for the 10’s.
Really great write up on the changes.

I did the Vokey wedge fitting tool online. It put me into:

48.10F
54.10S
58.08M

I think that makes sense, knowing my swing. I will be interested to see what the results are for the fitting as part of the Vokey experience.

Nice! FedEx tracker says mine arrive Tue.

48.10F (bent to 49)
54.08M
58.04T

Excited for all of them but most excited to see how the T grind does around the greens.
Mine said Tuesday and just showed up today with no notice.

Great write up @Jman. I’m very excited to get more familiar with these in the coming months. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a Vokey in the bag, but it’s been a minute,

Just back from round 1 with the new wedges. Got them late yesterday evening with a morning tee time today so no chance to practice. Just threw them in the bag and went for it.

First impressions:

Coming from a 58.10 (PXG) the new 58.04T is a major adjustment around the greens. I can definitely see what people mean about needing to nip it and take a small divot. I will need to hit the short game area and get some practice time in because my chips and pitches were not pretty today (normally a strength).

That being said I absolutely love the 58.04T out of the bunkers. Perfect feel for our firm sand conditions. I don’t think I knew what I was missing. I have to square it up a bit more and swing a little harder (counterintuitive) but it just feels so pure going through the sand. Prefect flight out and nice one hop check. Very excited about this.

With my old wedges I did everything with the 58. I think that’s going to need to change. My plan is to experiment and compare the 58.04T with the 54.08M and potentially switch to the 54 for my everything around the green club. If this works out the 58 would be reserved for 50/60 yd through full swing shots, and the occasional flop shot around the green. The 54 with the versatile M grind would then handle most of the pitching and chipping. We’ll see how it goes.

I don’t play on weekends so I’ll be spending a lot of time in the short game area Fri-Sun this week trying to figure these clubs out. I’m excited to get going with these things.

Oh, and all 3 clubs feel great on full swing shots. Smooth and stable, with a solid almost heavy feel. But you already knew that.

Hard eyeing a higher bounce 60 and giving these a full run at the bag now that the review is concluded and published.

I just love how freaking head heavy they are

@Canadan any Oasis group buys yet in the pro shop? Haha

Lmao, such an epic weekend when we bought half their sale stock.
They were in shock a little.

Nothing like bets setting ourselves up to buy new clubs.

Just back from round 1 with the new wedges. Got them late yesterday evening with a morning tee time today so no chance to practice. Just threw them in the bag and went for it.

First impressions:

Coming from a 58.10 (PXG) the new 58.04T is a major adjustment around the greens. I can definitely see what people mean about needing to nip it and take a small divot. I will need to hit the short game area and get some practice time in because my chips and pitches were not pretty today (normally a strength).

That being said I absolutely love the 58.04T out of the bunkers. Perfect feel for our firm sand conditions. I don’t think I knew what I was missing. I have to square it up a bit more and swing a little harder (counterintuitive) but it just feels so pure going through the sand. Prefect flight out and nice one hop check. Very excited about this.

With my old wedges I did everything with the 58. I think that’s going to need to change. My plan is to experiment and compare the 58.04T with the 54.08M and potentially switch to the 54 for my everything around the green club. If this works out the 58 would be reserved for 50/60 yd through full swing shots, and the occasional flop shot around the green. The 54 with the versatile M grind would then handle most of the pitching and chipping. We’ll see how it goes.

I don’t play on weekends so I’ll be spending a lot of time in the short game area Fri-Sun this week trying to figure these clubs out. I’m excited to get going with these things.

Oh, and all 3 clubs feel great on full swing shots. Smooth and stable, with a solid almost heavy feel. But you already knew that.

Better adjust that handicap in your profile dude.....Didn't i read somewhere you're a 4 now?

Hard eyeing a higher bounce 60 and giving these a full run at the bag now that the review is concluded and published.

I just love how freaking head heavy they are
Did you use then out of the bunkers as well? See any difference with the head heaviness? Easier to pass thru the sand or turf?

First impressions:

That T grind is an interesting one. Like what you’re saying, it really forced me to use my 54 more, which isn’t a bad thing, it’s just not how I’m acclimated to play around the greens. Tight lies though, it’s an animal, but for ME I lost versatility in our Bermuda and bunkers too.

Did you use then out of the bunkers as well? See any difference with the head heaviness? Easier to pass thru the sand or turf?
If you’ve used a Vokey before, then you know how they feel through the sand. That’s not a cop out, it’s just the truth that these are absolutely Vokey’s and no one will mistake them otherwise.

For me, weight doesn’t effect interaction, just if I can feel the head.

If you’ve used a Vokey before, then you know how they feel through the sand. That’s not a cop out, it’s just the truth that these are absolutely Vokey’s and no one will mistake them otherwise.

For me, weight doesn’t effect interaction, just if I can feel the head.
They are All I use.

I really think you will love that M grind 👍

That T grind is an interesting one. Like what you’re saying, it really forced me to use my 54 more, which isn’t a bad thing, it’s just not how I’m acclimated to play around the greens. Tight lies though, it’s an animal, but for ME I lost versatility in our Bermuda and bunkers too
I’ve been spending a lot of time in the short game practice area with these (especially today since our range is soggy and closed). The 54.08M is a beast, and has taken over the swiss army knife spot around the greens. The M grind is just so easy to hit from all lie conditions, and doesn’t stick in the grainy bermuda the way the T grind can if not clipped perfectly. It’s also pretty easy with the M to take the ball flight high or low, which has me feeling increasingly confident with this club. When I first started chipping with the T grind it was the opposite, and I thought I’d made an expensive mistake.

Don’t get me wrong though, the 58.04T is finding a home too. I’m learning this grind is incredible for flop shots! I played around a bunch with this today from all kinds of lies. The club face sits so low when opened up and is great at getting under the ball. Even on tight lies it’s no problem. I’ve lacked confidence with my flop shots from tight lies in the past but that is rapidly changing with this club. I’m still not quite there with it on true hard pan (like hard packed dirt with minimal grass that feels like cart path) but I’ll keep playing with it. Still loving the T out of bunkers and on partial swing shots (50 yds and up). There’s enough SS on those to keep the club moving and sticky/grainy grass is less of an issue.

Overall I think this change has really unlocked some versatility in my short game, with club selection being a lot more situational. It’s fun and I’m digging it.

I’ve been spending a lot of time in the short game practice area with these (especially today since our range is soggy and closed). The 54.08M is a beast, and has taken over the swiss army knife spot around the greens. The M grind is just so easy to hit from all lie conditions, and doesn’t stick in the grainy bermuda the way the T grind can if not clipped perfectly. It’s also pretty easy with the M to take the ball flight high or low, which has me feeling increasingly confident with this club. When I first started chipping with the T grind it was the opposite, and I thought I’d made an expensive mistake.

Don’t get me wrong though, the 58.04T is finding a home too. I’m learning this grind is incredible for flop shots! I played around a bunch with this today from all kinds of lies. The club face sits so low when opened up and is great at getting under the ball. Even on tight lies it’s no problem. I’ve lacked confidence with my flop shots from tight lies in the past but that is rapidly changing with this club. I’m still not quite there with it on true hard pan (like hard packed dirt with minimal grass that feels like cart path) but I’ll keep playing with it. Still loving the T out of bunkers and on partial swing shots (50 yds and up). There’s enough SS on those to keep the club moving and sticky/grainy grass is less of an issue.

Overall I think this change has really unlocked some versatility in my short game, with club selection being a lot more situational. It’s fun and I’m digging it.
I feel a lot of this, hahaha

Back