Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
One word, Vokey.

Immediately every single golfer out there knows what you are talking about, just with a single word. If that doesn’t achieve Mt. Rushmore of golf club design status, then I don’t know what will.

Here in 2024 though, Vokey has returned to debut their all new SM10 wedges, and aside from immediate Tour adoption showing clear positive feedback of their performance, THP also got them in hand to put through their paces.

Continue reading...

Need a set of these in my life.

• Staff
Didn’t even realize this one went up this evening.

I really enjoyed reviewing these, feel like there’s some really solid data for people to see with the 50, 80, and full swing yardages.

Great looking wedges with a ton of options. This review makes me want to try them. I enjoyed all the detailed number comparisons 👍👍

I think I got to go with the nickel finish this time.

I am thinking of mixing it up just slightly going 54M and bending it one weak instead of the 56°. Think it might gap a touch better between AW and 60°

Strongly considering trying PX wedge shafts as well.

I think I got to go with the nickel finish this time.

I am thinking of mixing it up just slightly going 54M and bending it one weak instead of the 56°. Think it might gap a touch better between AW and 60°

Strongly considering trying PX wedge shafts as well.
black, ALWAYS!

Thanks for the write up. Patiently waiting for
mine, ordered a while back.

Great write up. I’m extremely excited to try these out as my wedge game is always lacking consistency.

Well done @Jman !!!

Every time I read one of your articles I have to hide my wallet…

Well done @Jman !!!

Every time I read one of your articles I have to hide my wallet…
Funny you say that, because I have zero intentions of putting these wedges in my bag (I'm already set for the year), but I'll be damned if this didn't have me rethinking that.

Funny you say that, because I have zero intentions of putting these wedges in my bag (I'm already set for the year), but I'll be damned if this didn't have me rethinking that.

It’s true. You all are just wordsmiths. Hell I’d probably buy snow cones if I lived in Alaska just because of your reviews. The way you present the information can be appealing to so many readers. That’s nearly impossible to do, but you all do with every article…

I’m going to try this line someday.

Big praise! Thank ya Hawk!

Nickel.

The tour chrome which is actually more satin probably matches the irons better but nickel.
Tour Chrome matches the irons perfectly.

Tour Chrome matches the irons perfectly.
They do. I need to see them in person but in pictures the nickel is calling.

I have to say, I really am impressed by these this time around, the 9’s were good for me, these are just a little more refined in the weight manipulation/CG which as you can see in the data meant some really solid windows for control.

The 9’s were a big big jump from the 8’s imo, here it’s a little more subtle but still a notable one and worth the upgrade, to me.

On a personal note, I’m waiting to grab a higher bounce LW to give them a run at the bag, I’m just living my higher bounce life right now hahaha

Solid numbers. Vokeys are always solid so no surprise.

Awesome write up. Really have me wanting to try these out. Love the feel of a Vokey wedge and loving the data to match.

Last edited:
Nice article. Can't wait to get fit for mine and try them out. Will be a nice upgrade for me.

Awesome write up. Really have me wanting to try these out. Love the feel of a Vokey wedge and loving the date to match.
They’re definitely a particular sound/feel.

I stand by calling them “thumpy”.

Back