CONTEST 2nd Golden Ticket for the 2020 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to try ALL of it. I'm curious how the Speed Zone has improved over the F9 which I LOVED. Same can be said for the Speed Zone irons vs the F9 4i I gamed which was a weapon last season. Then there is the Forged Tec irons which should be a drastic improvement over the blades I gamed all of this year. AND maybe most of all I'm intrigued by the Big Tour Fairway....I'm just excited!!

The big tour fairway is what I am most excited about too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

utah.jpg

Driver: SPEEDZONE EXTREME BLACK/YELLOW 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Stiff

Fairway: SPEEDZONE FAIRWAY BLACK/YELLOW 14.5* MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff

Hybrid: SPEEDZONE 3 HYBRID BLACK/YELLOW 19* UST Recoil 480 ESX Stiff

Driving Iron: SPEEDZONE 4 Iron with UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 Stiff (2* Flat)

Irons: KING Forged TEC 5-AW Project X Catalyst 80 Stiff (2* Flat)

Wedges: KING MIM WEDGE 56* and 60* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Steel Stiff (bend both 2* Flat and 2* Strong)

Grips: Cobra Lamkin Crossline Connect Black + 1 Wrap

Left Handed

Last edited:
Super fun to read through everyone's setups - lots of great thoughts being posted. Giving me ideas!

Would love to see a few more ONE Length setups in here, only a few so far

I am sure I am just over looking something but where I can find a list of all the shaft options? I went to cobra website and the THP home page and the forum and can not find the shaft list for the speeszone stuff

I used the custom shaft section at Cobra Golf. Hopefully people are using it too!

What shaft are you most excited to try JD?

Should have seen this before I posted my above stupid question haha

No kidding. Really interesting and fun to see. Makes me want to tweak my setup over and over. Kind of hilarious. I might make a record for number of post edits. :rolleyes: But it all adds to the fun.

I agree with you as to it be interesting and fun to see the different makeup of everyone's setups.

There are some solid setups, but I guess I’m gonna maybe clarify for people so there’s less doubt or question: your setups can only include shafts from TT/PX, UST Mamiya, Mitsubishi Rayon Chemical, and Aldila.

There are some solid setups, but I guess I’m gonna maybe clarify for people so there’s less doubt or question: your setups can only include shafts from TT/PX, UST Mamiya, Mitsubishi Rayon Chemical, and Aldila.
I stopped reading after TT/PX ;)

I stopped reading after TT/PX ;)

ALRIGHT TRUE SPORTS I GET IT haha. I figured with iron shafts, someone could probably get True Temper steel.

Driver: Speedzone 10.5. Matte Black/White. Tour length.UST Helium 5f4 (stiff 59 gram)
3wood. 12 degree big tour. Matte black/white. UST Helium 5f4 (stiff 59 gram)
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree. UST recoil smacwrap 780 stiff (87 grams)
Irons: Forged Tec 5 through pw. UST recoil 95 stiff (95 grams)
Wedges: King Black. 50, 54 and 60 all versatile grind. UST recoil 110 stiff (110 grams)
All clubs with gold pride MCC Align grips

Some folks are just afraid of change :D
Its not for everyone:D

I see the one length as a good option for someone who struggles with longer irons. I don't have that problem and don't want to introduce any more variables than there already is. I think its a great idea and can work for the right person...that person just isn't me haha at least not yet

I see the one length as a good option for someone who struggles with longer irons. I don't have that problem and don't want to introduce any more variables than there already is. I think its a great idea and can work for the right person...that person just isn't me haha at least not yet
100% correct sir-- With all the OL talk around here lately, it just seems like some folks who may benefit from the idea are hugely resistant to it. At the end of the day though, as everyone around here says--- Play what makes you happy.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Someone skipped the podcast.
Introduce more variables? You take away nearly every variable.

There are two types of lengths and one of them is CALLED Variable :ROFLMAO:

From the look of this thread, Cobra is going to sell A LOT of Forged Tecs and Speedzone drivers!

Just joined at the advice of a buddy from work and really enjoyed browsing the bags created in the thread. Love Cobra, had the S3 combo irons back in the day and S3 driver in white. My bag (all right handed):

Driver: SpeedZone, Aldila 2KXV Blue 70 X-flex
3 Wood: F9 Speedback, Aldila 2KXV Green 85 X-flex
3 Hybrid: King F9 Speedback, Aldila 2KXV Green 85 X-Flex
Irons 4-GW: King Forged Tec, KBS $ Taper X-Flex
Wedges 50, 54, 58: King Black Wedge, KBS $ Taper X-Flex Soft Stepped 2X Black
Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsized on everything

Now that was fun!

Last edited:
Just joined at the advice of a buddy from work and really enjoyed browsing the bags created in the thread. Love Cobra, had the S3 combo irons back in the day and S3 driver in white. My bag (all right handed):

Driver: SpeedZone, Aldila 2KXV Blue 70
3 Wood: F9 Speedback, Aldila 2KXV Green 85
3 Hybrid: King F9 Speedback, Aldila 2KXV Green 85
Irons 4-GW: King Forged Tec, KBS $ Taper X-Flex
Wedges 50, 54, 58: King Black Wedge, KBS $ Taper X-Flex Soft Stepped 2X Black
Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsized on everything

Now that was fun!
It took me a while to get you in, but you will not be sorry!!

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Someone skipped the podcast.
Introduce more variables? You take away nearly every variable.

There are two types of lengths and one of them is CALLED Variable :ROFLMAO:

I get that you take away variables with the one length BUT in my mind you are creating MORE by introducing new things to your brain that you are not used to. Longer wedges, shorter long irons. To me it makes much more sense to someone new to the game or someone who struggles with longer clubs. I myself love my long irons and making them shorter doesn't make sense to me. I mean we all struggle at this game at some point and last year was my worst year of golf pretty much ever but I'm not ready to completely start over...OR am I? :unsure:

I get that you take away variables with the one length BUT in my mind you are creating MORE by introducing new things to your brain that you are not used to. Longer wedges, shorter long irons. To me it makes much more sense to someone new to the game or someone who struggles with longer clubs. I myself love my long irons and making them shorter doesn't make sense to me. I mean we all struggle at this game at some point and last year was my worst year of golf pretty much ever but I'm not ready to completely start over...OR am I? :unsure:

Did you get a chance to hit them last year at all? I recall you did quite a bit of testing last year before MC-- Just curious if you tried them?

Did you get a chance to hit them last year at all? I recall you did quite a bit of testing last year before MC-- Just curious if you tried them?

I have never put a set in play but I have hit the hybrids and hit a few irons at the range

You could also say you are making your shorter clubs longer, so you love them as much as your longer clubs.:ROFLMAO:

You could also say you are making your shorter clubs longer, so you love them as much as your longer clubs.:ROFLMAO:
@jdtox Just get them all at 5 iron length :p

But I strongly agree, they are not for everyone. For people who are a good iron players, I wouldn't recommend it. But that's about it, there are so many other people who can benefit. And honestly, the benefits go way beyond just the irons themselves. It will help every area of someone's game, whether it's by more efficient practice time (more time for short game work!), or just the swing improvements that naturally transfer over to driving and woods.

I might be one of the staunchest OL proponents, but I would agree they're not for you.

Last edited:

Oops, I guess I have some editing to do. I used their custom catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back