A thread for SoCal golfers.

Last edited:
As long as the dates are before 22 April and don't fall during the Humana Challenge or the Kraft Nabisco (I'm sked to work both) I will make massive effort to be among the smiling faces hacking up a L.V. course:act-up:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If I can work it into my calendar whenever it's scheduled, I'm planning on being there.
And I'll see if I can coerce the two closest THPers, The Heez and Schanker, into traveling to Vegas as well.

If my schedule allows it I'll be there. Hoping its either early in the year or late.

I want to thank Jimneycricket65, C-Mac13 and HjHay22 for showing up today and sharing in a great round of golf. Looking forward to the next time fellas! :D

I want to thank Jimneycricket65, C-Mac13 and HjHay22 for showing up today and sharing in a great round of golf. Looking forward to the next time fellas! :D

Rhino, thanks for setting this up! I hope I can get out there again with you guys in two weeks.

Thanks guys for another fun round. Looking forward to the next one.

Is there a tee time for this coming Saturday?

Nothing set as of yet.. if you want to do something feel free and I can probably join you.

I can possibly join as well.

I just looked online at a few courses and there isn't an early one before 7am.

I may be coming to SoCal instead of the Hilton Head campus for golf school in Temecula, Ca...in between LA and San Diego!

I may be coming to SoCal instead of the Hilton Head campus for golf school in Temecula, Ca...in between LA and San Diego!

Temecula is nice... CA is nice!

I'll join you guys this saturday as long as it doesn't break my wallet!

White Rhino and I have discussed golfing in the Ventura area, so here's what's happenin' -

Saturday, January 12th around 10am. Olivas Links at 3750 Olivas Park Drive in Ventura.
We've not played the course, but I've checked recent reviews. It's a Links style course, in good repair with courteous staff. Rates are $59 per golfer which includes cart. Ventura county residents get a discount.

If anyone has personal experience with this course, please let us know about it.

Advance reservations increase the cost by $10 per player (nonrefundable), so I'll wait until Saturday the 5th to make reservations inside their 7-day window.
I thought I'd put the information out and see who's interested. Depending on interest, I can book one or two tee times at around 10am on the 12th.

There are some pretty good reviews of the course on both Yelp and Tripadvisor. Check it out,
and here's the course website: http://www.olivaslinks.com/HG

local126.jpg

(photo link courtesy of Laurie Ann Ehrhardt Realtor)

Please respond and let me know if you are interested and can make it.

White Rhino and I have discussed golfing in the Ventura area, so here's what's happenin' -

Saturday, January 12th around 10am. Olivas Links at 3750 Olivas Park Drive in Ventura.
We've not played the course, but I've checked recent reviews. It's a Links style course, in good repair with courteous staff. Rates are $59 per golfer which includes cart. Ventura county residents get a discount.

If anyone has personal experience with this course, please let us know about it.

Advance reservations increase the cost by $10 per player (nonrefundable), so I'll wait until Saturday the 5th to make reservations inside their 7-day window.
I thought I'd put the information out and see who's interested. Depending on interest, I can book one or two tee times at around 10am on the 12th.

There are some pretty good reviews of the course on both Yelp and Tripadvisor. Check it out,

local126.jpg

Yeah, I play Olivas often. It's a good/tough course. It's a link style but not really in my opinion. It's in decent shape too. A little more work and I think this place would be great.
It's mostly windy since it's by the ocean. Cold at this time too (well Californian cold! hahaha) So the wind and the cold can be dreadful.

Yeah, I play Olivas often. It's a good/tough course. It's a link style but not really in my opinion. It's in decent shape too. A little more work and I think this place would be great.
It's mostly windy since it's by the ocean. Cold at this time too (well Californian cold! hahaha) So the wind and the cold can be dreadful.

Extended weather forecasts areant' really reliable, but right now it's saying the 12th will be a sunny 59 degrees with winds at 7 mph. It's January in California so the possibility of being cold and windblown is certainly there. Wonton, are you interested in playing?

I'd also consider Los Robles Greens in Thousand Oaks, Sterling Hills GC in Camarillo and Tierra Rejada in Moorpark. My favorite Ventura County courses.

Extended weather forecasts areant' really reliable, but right now it's saying the 12th will be a sunny 59 degrees with winds at 7 mph. It's January in California so the possibility of being cold and windblown is certainly there. Wonton, are you interested in playing?

Absolutely! I was planning to golf alone that day anyway. I'd be honored to join you fine folks!

local126.jpg

Sorry I can't make this one guys. Other golfing commitments already. I've played olivas links once and it's a pretty good track. Have fun.

That's great! I'm glad you can join us. I'll check out the other courses you listed as I'm always curious about new places to play.
But I'm thinking we'll stay with Olivas Links this time just to keep it simple. (It sounds like you're OK with that, but let me know if that's a deal breaker.)

Absolutely! I was planning to golf alone that day anyway. I'd be honored to join you fine folks!

Back