[Q UOTE=Hawk;2899164]I would kill a hobo on the sly for 1/2 of his swing. Beat a hobo for his good looks.[/QUOTE]
This made me laugh out loud

I would kill a hobo on the sly for 1/2 of his swing. Beat a hobo for his good looks.

Spoken like a true hacker

Just keeping it real lol.

Great swing and consequently ball striker but not a fan of any kind of long putter and am leery of guys that ALWAYS wear sunglasses. Never trusted or really liked Duval for that reason.

Great swing and consequently ball striker but not a fan of any kind of long putter and am leery of guys that ALWAYS wear sunglasses. Never trusted or really liked Duval for that reason.

Good grief! They are looking after their eyes and you don't like it?!? Each to their own I suppose.
As for the putter, it looks terrible and good luck putting better with one than a normal putter. I think they make putting much much more difficult.

I don't get why people care what he putts with. Anyone can use them. If it was such a huge advantage more people would be doing it. Besides that, he has never really been a good putter and the anchored stroke hasn't helped him much IMO. When the ban goes into effect he will be fine. The dude is a professional golfer and he will dedicate the time necessary to adjust to a regular putter or to use the same putter and not anchor it.

Is it the anchoring that bothers you guys or is it the fact that he anchors it to his chest as opposed to belly or forearm?

I don't get why people care what he putts with. Anyone can use them. If it was such a huge advantage more people would be doing it. Besides that, he has never really been a good putter and the anchored stroke hasn't helped him much IMO. When the ban goes into effect he will be fine. The dude is a professional golfer and he will dedicate the time necessary to adjust to a regular putter or to use the same putter and not anchor it.

Is it the anchoring that bothers you guys or is it the fact that he anchors it to his chest as opposed to belly or forearm?
It's the old "Against the spirit of the rules/integrity of the game" thing again. But those people didn't see anything wrong when a bunch of strong men moved an effing boulder for a player.

Ernie Els thinks that Adam Scott's stroke is just fine.

It's the old "Against the spirit of the rules/integrity of the game" thing again. But those people didn't see anything wrong when a bunch of strong men moved an effing boulder for a player.
I still can't believe they let those people move that boulder!

The putting stroke has a history of being monitored.

The croquet stroke was legal for a long time. No more.

The anchored stroke will be disallowed too, and rightly so in my opinion.

Adam's had a great swing for the longest time but hasn't used it very well, I wonder what part Steve Williams has in his recent successes?
I'd like to see him win more majors but I'm afraid his chances are running out the closer we get to the putter ban. I'm also curious to see if Williams does in fact retire in a years time. I keep hearing commentators saying he will but who knows?

It's disturbing that people would dislike a player simply for a piece of equipment that he uses. The guy has the best swing in golf but will be remembered for using a putter than most people can't even come close to hitting the hole with.

When he takes the World #1 from Tiger, is there going to be additional outrage over that monstrosity of a putter? That's going to be funny to read.

People like or dislike players for lesser reasons.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I think it looks funny or even silly when people use broomstick putters, but I don't care, Adam Scott is one of my favorites, and he seems like swell guy. I say putt with what ever makes you happy.

There's other things that look silly as well, ball catchers, iron covers, pencil bags, Masters caddy uniforms, yellow balls, golf carts, super fat grips, less than 33" putters, cardigans, flat brims etc. but I don't mind people using them, and some things I even use myself.

Not a fan of the putter, but I love Scott's swing and how he handles himself. I was pulling for Cabrera last Sunday at Augusta, but I was ok with Scott winning. He's become one of my favorite players on tour. That swing is just crazy good.

I don't think it causes anyone to dislike Adam, just maybe prevents some people from getting behind him a bit more. I know 3 people whose least favorite player on tour is ZJ, and each of them has a petty reason for disliking him. I think that when most of the tour are good guys, you look for anything to set one guy apart from someone else.

If using non-traditional equipment meant not rooting for a player, we should all be picking Old Tom Morris in fantasy golf every week. The whole long/belly putter thing is so "Get Off My Lawn".

The comments in this topic demonstrate why the human race is F****D.

Let's try to keep this about whatever it's about and not damning the human race

I don't care what putter he uses, but I can do without my wife commenting on how "hot" he is everytime she passes by when I'm watching golf and he's on screen...?

I don't care what putter he uses, but I can do without my wife commenting on how "hot" he is everytime she passes by when I'm watching golf and he's on screen...?

Hahah and we have our first legitimate reason for not liking the guy.

You and me both. However he is the only reason why she will watch golf with me. She said she would go take lessons if Adam Scott was her teacher

It's disturbing that people would dislike a player simply for a piece of equipment that he uses. The guy has the best swing in golf but will be remembered for using a putter than most people can't even come close to hitting the hole with.

When he takes the World #1 from Tiger, is there going to be additional outrage over that monstrosity of a putter? That's going to be funny to read.

There will be. Especially from Tigger and his fans. Maybe not so much here, but there will be.

Followed him many times at Wentworth and he seems a genuine nice guy. No superstar air about him, just a good guy playing golf. I've no idea why people would dislike someone just because of the equipment they are using.

Back