Love them! There one of the few Adams irons that I wouldnt mind having in my bag. I usually find Adams irons to be way too chunky and GIish.
Dont blades kind of go against everything that Adams has built their name on though? It seems like their schtick is super easy to hit clubs that are for anyone.

Saw these last week.
2 things come to mind:
1. they look great.
2. they look hard as hell to hit.

I like the look of these. I would give them a try to see if they feel as good as they look.

I was just in Michigan visiting family and playing golf this past weekend. Took a trip to the local King Par and saw these irons in the store. I hit the 7-iron from this set (along with that of the MP-63's and RAZR X Tour). It was quite an eye-opening experience.

First impressions:
1) the finish looks fantastic in person, I'm definitely a fan. I didn't notice any rust, but these irons could've been recently displayed.
2) the brass plugs didn't bug me in pictures, and also aren't that noticeable to me in person.
3) I couldn't tell whether the stock shaft was stiff or regular flex. From a quick popeye test, I think it might've been regular flex, unless KBS shafts are on the softer side?

Now to the meat: how did they feel?

I chose to hit the 7-iron, since it's one of the most consistent clubs in my bag (Callaway X-Forged 2007). That way, I feel that I can accurately gauge what these new clubs can do compared to what I currently game. At any rate, after warming up, the Adams MB2 was by far the best feeling club of the bunch. The ball launched HIGH! I can't recall hitting a 7-iron that high without a tee. The trajectory was good, with a steady climb, so that's why I'm thinking the shaft might have been a little softer than I'm used to. Then again, maybe the brass weights were doing their job in helping to get the ball up? Either way, the Adams' was a pleasure to hit. To that point, I had been infatuated with the MP-63's based on looks alone, but they just didn't feel as smooth and useful as the Adams. The RAZR X Tour also didn't do it for me. Maybe the swingweight was too different, affecting my swing, I'm not sure.

At any rate, for those who say these irons "look hard to hit", I urge you to just try them. Sometimes I feel that a lot of golfers get caught up in the mentality that musclebacks and similar irons are for "players", and thus take themselves out of the game before it's played. For what it's worth, I'm about an 18-19 index, and have worked hard this year on building a controllable swing. If I fall backwards into money, these irons would certainly be at the top of my list, mixed in with a hybrid or two at the top of the set.

At any rate, thanks for reading if you got this far.

Cheers,
C

I like the finish.

They scare the hell out of me and look unforgiving as all getup. That said, I'd love to try and hit them.

How I missed this viewing I will never know...technology and creative thinking is what I love the most about the Golf industry. I think these look clean with a little edge to them. If the perform the way they look you could do some damage with these.

Love them! There one of the few Adams irons that I wouldnt mind having in my bag. I usually find Adams irons to be way too chunky and GIish.
Dont blades kind of go against everything that Adams has built their name on though? It seems like their schtick is super easy to hit clubs that are for anyone.

Players irons are not new to Adams. CB1, CB2, Idea MB's come to mind.

I like the look of these, especially the milled edge. Kind of the wrong direction I hope to head, but they may be more forgiving than they look.

Finally a Adams club that looks nice. I really like the look of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally a Adams club that looks nice. I really like the look of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Adams cb3 irons I think they came out after this in 2011 or early 2012...they are sharp

Check out the Adams cb3 irons I think they came out after this in 2011 or early 2012...they are sharp

Plus now you can find them brand new for around $300

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I much prefer the Adams CMB's which come stock with KBS C-Taper shafts...

:bashful:

Adams MB2 Irons

I have a 6-iron. On flush hits it's very nice, but the head is small and it's a bit unforgiving. I love the look. Mine is weathered a bit.

I didn't get to use it much before the weather turned. If anyone would like to try it feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Back