adidas Crossflex Golf Shoe

naw dude, i'm just a little guy and have not had these slip once. wore them for the saturday round which we all know got a little wet in the afternoon. they held up great, but i will say that they got a little dirty...which sucks. but yes, feet felt great...especially after media day where i did not sit down once.

Two words for you: Magic. Eraser. It's been awesome for me with them.

Two words for you: Magic. Eraser. It's been awesome for me with them.

Oh yeah, I have stock in those. And they work great for the white bottoms...but the grey mesh is actually what got dirty. You still think the magic eraser will work on the mesh?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I have stock in those. And they work great for the white bottoms...but the grey mesh is actually what got dirty. You still think the magic eraser will work on the mesh?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Not sure...haven't tried the ME on the mesh.

Thanks to the great reviews I bought the grey ones and will try them this weekend. I did have to go 1/2 size larger.

really wish these came in a wide width

I've got what some would call a wide foot and the width on these was not a problem at all.

--
Tapatalk2

I have played two rounds in my grey Crossflex (one walk and one ride). They are very comfortable, fit well (I wear medium width) and weigh next to nothing. I play early morning golf and the waterproof claim held true. I have two pairs of Ecco Street Premiers that do not do as well in wet grass. So far I am sold on these and am getting a lot of positive comments and "where did you get those?" statements. I did need 1/2 size larger, however.

This thread makes me want to special order a pair of these to give another try. My stupid tard feet cost me again!

--
Tapatalk2

This thread makes me want to special order a pair of these to give another try. My stupid tard feet cost me again!

--
Tapatalk2

What happened? I thought these worked well for you?

I have the white/red ones and have worn them in about 4 rounds (1 walking). Still look brand new and mesh cleaned easily with a wet toothbrush.

No slippage for me, played a couple 7am rounds too. They're slowly replacing my nike lunars as the goto shoe.

Tip: use waterproof spray on the mesh before wearing them. I put about 4 coats on and it keeps the mesh bright white.

What happened? I thought these worked well for you?

They did the first time out. After they broke in a tad the right shoe kept slipping because my foot moved around in the shoe. Tempted to order an 11.5L/11R to try.

--
Tapatalk2

They did the first time out. After they broke in a tad the right shoe kept slipping because my foot moved around in the shoe. Tempted to order an 11.5L/11R to try.

--
Tapatalk2

Damn that's crappy.

I have the white/red ones and have worn them in about 4 rounds (1 walking). Still look brand new and mesh cleaned easily with a wet toothbrush.

No slippage for me, played a couple 7am rounds too. They're slowly replacing my nike lunars as the goto shoe.

Tip: use waterproof spray on the mesh before wearing them. I put about 4 coats on and it keeps the mesh bright white.

great tips here on cleaning the mesh part of the shoe...will definitely take your advice and put it to good work.

After seeing Sergio slip a couple a weeks back at Wyndham I was wondering if anyone has had any traction issues with these. Thanks

After seeing Sergio slip a couple a weeks back at Wyndham I was wondering if anyone has had any traction issues with these. Thanks

I have not had any traction issues with my crossflexes playing from fairway, rough, sand, or woods.

I haven't had any slipping. Very comfy! If Im playing early though I usually where my spikes. Not so much for slipping, just mainly to keep theses clean.

I have. Last time out I was slipping everywhere. It was a little damp out and I slipped like every other full swing. It was an ordeal.

I have notice some slipping when I wear them. I will only wear these when I think traction isn't going to be a problem that day.

Ive been playing early every Saturday morning when its been wet lately and Ive had no issues slipping. And I noticed Sergio was still wearing them last weekend so he must not have had too many issues.

That's a good point. Seems like a few have had issues but mostly in wet conditions. I really like these and was pondering getting a pair until I saw that slip. I play a lot of early morning rounds so I may need to think about it a little more. Thanks for the reply's.

I've only slipped once with these so far and it was only minor and didn't really affect the shot.
I have found that I stay away from wearing these when it is wet out though as although they are waterproof, they get really dirty up on the mesh. Honestly, I think they're meant for dry conditions mainly...but will hold up well in damp and morning dew situations.

I bought the red/white ones to go along with the black/slime I have and after one round they were ruined. Some sort if fertilizer or something they used turned the white orange and I have not been able to clean them. Do you think a magic eraser will work? Should I wash them or bleach them maybe? So mad. Would love to get these clean.

Seriously. Tappin'.

That's a good point. Seems like a few have had issues but mostly in wet conditions. I really like these and was pondering getting a pair until I saw that slip. I play a lot of early morning rounds so I may need to think about it a little more. Thanks for the reply's.

I only play early morning rounds and have never slipped bad enough to affect the shot. The times I have slipped were minor and only 3 or 4 times in a month. These are great and have even better grip then my old soft spike shoes.

Seriously. Tappin'.

great tips here on cleaning the mesh part of the shoe...will definitely take your advice and put it to good work.
Do you just use water and a toothbrush? My grays have ugly stains now under the mesh. Magic Eraser just crumbles.

Wore my this weekend in AC and the courses were wet and they held up great and no slipping. Now I just need to clean them!

Back