Age Limit For Flat Brim?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
I think the Puma hats are sweet. I don't look great in them as I have a small dome. I do like them however.

Zenger

Gunga... Gunga Galooga
Reaction score
Handicap
CDGA 1.7
Looks good on Ricky
Looks bad on Watney.

You have to have a smaller head other wise it looks strange

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
If they released something in a fitted design and a standard brim I would wear them. Otherwise pass.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
If they released something in a fitted design and a standard brim I would wear them. Otherwise pass.
They have them. I have a fitted puma hat that has a regular brim. Same design as the monoline, except not oversized and funny looking.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah I wear the S/M size and have a good bit of hair like Rickie does

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
I have an imposing melon so I steer away from the flat brims, they make my head look like a Mac truck.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
They have them. I have a fitted puma hat that has a regular brim. Same design as the monoline, except not oversized and funny looking.
Has me peaked. I like that idea

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
I have an imposing melon so I steer away from the flat brims, they make my head look like a Mac truck.
I hear ya. When I see "one size fits all" I know it won't fit. I wear a 7-3/4 from New Era. It's a big head.

golf red

Bad Amateur
Reaction score
Handicap
17 NCGA
A friend came to the course wearing balloon pants remember those in the 90's I said hey Bozo last I seen him wear those.

StanTheCaddy

Who wants 2 have some fun
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8 USGA
I don't wear them because I look ridiculous in them even though I have a smaller head. I bought a flat brim Yankees hat once and immediately returned it and got another fitted "MLB Fanchise" one. I don't think there's necessarily an age limit to wearing flat brims but I'm in my 20's (albeit 29, haha) and think they look ridiculous on 90% of people that wear them. If you can pull it off then go for it but most people can't.

Playdough

Hi.
Reaction score
Handicap
I won't lie I hope bstone comes out with a flat brim. They look best on me.

TTing
I'm with this. I could rock a Bridgestone Flat brim. I looked the Titleist flat brim, and I didn't like its fit. It had an odd shape and weird way the bill came into the crown.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Not my thing but thats alot of orange..

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Just anout everyone at my school knows me for wearing hats backward. I have two flat-brimmed, one from alcatraz and another metal mulisha cap, but they dont fit too well so i typically wear my pukka hat. If my hair isnt that long i wont wear one at all tho. Thats why i want to get a hair cut, i dont like having to wear hats just to keep my hair down.

but then again, i am only 16. My opinion on anybody who wants to wear anything: i couldnt care less as long as you look good while wearing it.

Getitclose

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
Not my thing but thats alot of orange..
My hell that looks like a county jail! I dig RF and everything, but he is a bit loud. Take Tiger for example, he looks sharp and up to date from hea to toe. He shouts young/hip and old school/classy all in one breath. Rickie says "look at me" with us baby blue pants or neon orange shirt. But if you can rock it, rock it. No matter what your age is

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots

Baldcopper

Reaction score
Handicap
Day to day
I don't wear them myself, but Watney is sporting a sweet two-tone Nike today.

Baldcopper

Reaction score
Handicap
Day to day

JConn

Proud 2013 MC Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen some older guys pull them off no prob. Just depends on the person style I think.

I'm loving the new Cleveland flat brim hats. I just wish Cleveland would respond on twitter or FB to my asking if/when they'll be available.

Jeanthemachine

Earl of Limerick
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.7
Not really. I judge people how the dress all the time. If a kid shows up for an interview in sweat pants and a hat in backwards, I'm not hiring him. I know this is completely different from the topic of this thread, but at the same time, in a professional setting, whether its business or sports, appearance speaks volumes.
It might be absurd but ""that's the fact, Jack". People are judging you by dress and context all the time. A tuxedo on the golf course would look as out of place as Bubba's overalls. Those same overalls on the farm are just fine.

I hear the argument that "my jeans cost much more than your Haggar slacks"; my response is "so buy some cheap slacks and live with the dress code".

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Not really. I judge people how the dress all the time. If a kid shows up for an interview in sweat pants and a hat in backwards, I'm not hiring him. I know this is completely different from the topic of this thread, but at the same time, in a professional setting, whether its business or sports, appearance speaks volumes.
I've stayed out of this thread simply because I think flat brim hats look ridiculous, even with no head in em, let alone on someones head, but I have to say that I agree 1000% with this post.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in