Android Phone Thread

Does anyone know if a Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smart watch will work with a Samsung Note 4?

Does anyone know if a Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smart watch will work with a Samsung Note 4?

Yes. It will work with any Samsung phone running 4.2 or higher. I would suggest the Gear Live over the Gear 2 though. The Gear Live runs Android Wear software, where the 2 Neo runs Tizen, Samsung software. There are a ton more apps available for Android Wear and the Gear Live will work with any Android phone where the 2 Neo is limited to Samsung only. That means if you upgrade to a different brand of phone, the Gear 2 Neo is useless.

I have had the Gear Live since it was released and wear it everyday now, where my Gear 2 is gathering dust somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yes. It will work with any Samsung phone running 4.2 or higher. I would suggest the Gear Live over the Gear 2 though. The Gear Live runs Android Wear software, where the 2 Neo runs Tizen, Samsung software. There are a ton more apps available for Android Wear and the Gear Live will work with any Android phone where the 2 Neo is limited to Samsung only. That means if you upgrade to a different brand of phone, the Gear 2 Neo is useless.

I have had the Gear Live since it was released and wear it everyday now, where my Gear 2 is gathering dust somewhere.

Live also Samsung?

Live also Samsung?

Yes, but Android has prevented any manufacturer from skinning android wear so no matter which watch you get, it will operate the exact same. That means you pick the one that you like the looks of best and it will work with any android phone. If I were buying one today now that there are options, I would have bought something else that looks more like a watch.

If I was going to buy a new watch, it would be the LG Urbane.

Well all my waffling is finally over--probably much to Michelle's delight--, I have a LG G3 on the way purchased with the AT&T Next plan.

it took me some time to come to terms with understanding the NEXT is the best way to go. Not saying I like it, but it seems to be the way all carriers are going and it does turn out to be a affordable way to pay for a good phone.

It came down in the end to G3, S5 or Note 4. Price was definitely a factor, and by all reviews and accounts the G3 is just as good if not better than those in a lot of areas. Can't wait to get it and start becoming an "androider" :)

Thanks to everyone for all the great info in here and patience in answering this android newbie's questions.

Upgraded from my HTC OneX+ to the LG G4 at the weekend

Haven't had a chance to get it completely set up how I want it yet, but initial impressions are very positive

I have noticed that my LG G4 has been getting hung up at times. This happened to me a bit after the latest update to the G3. I am not happy about this at all.

Android Phone Thread

Uh oh. Not what a new G Series owner wants to hear :(

I think my Nexus5 is ready for the scrap pile. The power/lock button is broken which makes the phone basically unusable, the battery goes from full to dead in about 7 hours which is all but useless, and the speaker is broken.

Phone is in mint condition and never been dropped or wet so I don't know what's up.

I have noticed that my LG G4 has been getting hung up at times. This happened to me a bit after the latest update to the G3. I am not happy about this at all.

Only had mine for 48 hours so I haven't seen any issues - how long have you had it now?

Uh oh. Not what a new G Series owner wants to hear :(

I was thinking the same thing, hoping it is an issue with that particular handset and not something for the range

I think my Nexus5 is ready for the scrap pile. The power/lock button is broken which makes the phone basically unusable, the battery goes from full to dead in about 7 hours which is all but useless, and the speaker is broken.

Phone is in mint condition and never been dropped or wet so I don't know what's up.
Mine had been great, until a couple weeks ago the battery life has been ridiculous. I forgot my phone cord at home today and won't make it through the day. Already down to 24% with just light use. Just noticed "Mediaserver" is far and away the main sucker of the battery life. Just found something online that a lot of people seem to have success with.

Go to Settings > applications > Media Storage > clear data, force stop and reboot.

Giving it a shot, can't hurt. Other suggestion is removing all your pics, videos, and such. Because that mediaserver will just scan through them all day.

Only had mine for 48 hours so I haven't seen any issues - how long have you had it now?

I was thinking the same thing, hoping it is an issue with that particular handset and not something for the range

I have had it for about a week, maybe a little longer. It might just be my phone, but I have had to restart on a few occasions because it just freezes up on me or lags a lot.

Anyone selling a LG G3? Kid broke my wifes phone by dropping it in water...
Ofcourse, no insurance this time. Wish he would have dropped my old phone, grrrr
Looking at a used G3 to replace it.

the battery goes from full to dead in about 7 hours which is all but useless
Go to Settings > applications > Media Storage > clear data, force stop and reboot.

Try this, has definitely helped a lot so far already. Don't know that it's a permanent fix, but better than nothing.

I have not had this problem with mine. Can you give an example

I just got my free battery and 32gb card from getting the LG G4. The battery carrier allows you to just plug it in so you don't have to put the battery in the phone to charge it. I like that

Finally upgraded my S4 to a S6 active. I think I've been lucky to have only obliterated one screen with as rough as I am on phones, so the extra case thickness will surely come in handy.
The more I thought about the external storage, I realized I only had like 7 gigs of stuff on the card in my S4 anyway, so no big deal. I decided I didn't want the Note 4 or G4 due to the size, even though it would have been beneficial as much as I'm online. The only issue I've had so far was the native Samsung email app draining battery while syncing. Usage was higher than the screen and android system. I've got my other IMAP emails in the gmail app and they seem to be working. Its not ideal, but it got rid of the sync drain issue. Probably be trying out a couple third party apps in the coming weeks. So far I'm really digging the battery life.

Try this, has definitely helped a lot so far already. Don't know that it's a permanent fix, but better than nothing.
Thanks! I just did it and I hope it works.

Anyone selling a LG G3? Kid broke my wifes phone by dropping it in water...
Ofcourse, no insurance this time. Wish he would have dropped my old phone, grrrr
Looking at a used G3 to replace it.
Check out Swappa.com they sell used devices on every network and all OS. All with clean ESNs

Finally got the lollipop update on my droid turbo today. Trying to figure it all out now.

Finally got the lollipop update on my droid turbo today. Trying to figure it all out now.
Nice, how do you like it so far? I was really impressed with the speed first a foremost and I absolutely no issues with my S4 or my new Nexus 6.

Back