Android Phone Thread

Still liking mine, with the exception of the camera, but the app FV-5 has alleviated alot of the issues i have with the camera since it allows manual control.

What issues were you having? I haven't taken that many pics to notice any

Crest and I have one also and are enjoying it. I have a Ringke Fusion case and have enjoyed it so far, but am thinking I will try to the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case next.

I'm looking at the spigen ultra hybrid case. I like that it's clear and I want to put a carbon fiber skin on back

I really like the Google Camera very simple and easy to use. I am now photography expert but it works for me. I also really like the HDR feature

I'm looking at the spigen ultra hybrid case. I like that it's clear and I want to put a carbon fiber skin on back
The Ringke and Supcase are both available in clear also.

What issues were you having? I haven't taken that many pics to notice any

Its ability to focus, and terrible night time performance.

I have a full DSLR if i want to take real pictures, but its nice to have something decent in your pocket if need be.

The Ringke and Supcase are both available in clear also.
The supercase hybrid looks nice. Wish it was more clear then frosted .

Still havent seen the stagefright update.

Anyone have any opinions on Speck (CandyShell or Smartflex View) vs Otter Box (Commuter or Defender) cell phone cases?

Anyone have any opinions on Speck (CandyShell or Smartflex View) vs Otter Box (Commuter or Defender) cell phone cases?
Im using a candyshell on my s4 right now. It's nice, not too big and protects everything you'd need it to. I like the little grips on the back as its easy to hold and doesn't let my phone slide off things. My only complaint is the rubber near the buttons is starting to stretch out a bit but honestly that happens with any case after awhile when certain areas aren't covered by the plastic. I had both otterboxes for my old iphone 4s and absolutely hated them. Sure they are awesome for protection but damn they are just way too big imo. The defender is literally comical it's so big and even the commuter bumped the bulk a bunch. Great cases if you don't mind the size. Id much rather stick with speck or honestly spigen makes my favorite cases. Just don't take them on and off haha (neo hybrid)

Im using a candyshell on my s4 right now. It's nice, not too big and protects everything you'd need it to. I like the little grips on the back as its easy to hold and doesn't let my phone slide off things. My only complaint is the rubber near the buttons is starting to stretch out a bit but honestly that happens with any case after awhile when certain areas aren't covered by the plastic. I had both otterboxes for my old iphone 4s and absolutely hated them. Sure they are awesome for protection but damn they are just way too big imo. The defender is literally comical it's so big and even the commuter bumped the bulk a bunch. Great cases if you don't mind the size. Id much rather stick with speck or honestly spigen makes my favorite cases. Just don't take them on and off haha (neo hybrid)

Yeah, I was leaning toward the Specks just because the OB cases looked like beasts. I'll have to look into the Spigen cases too. Thanks!

Yeah, I was leaning toward the Specks just because the OB cases looked like beasts. I'll have to look into the Spigen cases too. Thanks!
The defender turned my iphone 4s, which was a small phone, into a damn gameboy lol and i mean original gameboy. It was just silly. If you have a best buy or other store you can check them out in person but i couldn't imagine trying one on an even bigger phone these days. Definitely check spigen they have some very nice slim but protective cases

Just bought an Android wear smartwatch so I am looking forward to using Golfshot on the fly...

Distance tracking etc without needing to whip out the phone will be great!

using the speck candyshell grip on my s5. Not the best looking, but I like it. Really like the grip part to it. Feel like I can't drop the damn thing. Have used a bunch of spigen's in the past and still have one I throw on my phone every now and then. They just feel slicker compared to the speck.

And you thought the turbo was slow? Interesting
Yeah, it was fine at first but then it started to lag a bit. Periodic reboots did seem to help for a while, and then after a freeze where I had to do the manual hard reset, I stopped using the phone.

anybody else use Hangouts for SMS/MMS?

i'm in a 10 person MMS and Hangouts near crashes any time i'm in it.
it locks up when i try to scroll thru it, messages come in well out of order, some of mine fail to send, and my keyboard is about 3 seconds behind me.
but only in an MMS.

anybody else use Hangouts for SMS/MMS?

i'm in a 10 person MMS and Hangouts near crashes any time i'm in it.
it locks up when i try to scroll thru it, messages come in well out of order, some of mine fail to send, and my keyboard is about 3 seconds behind me.
but only in an MMS.
I use Messenger now and it works so much better for SMS.

uploadfromtaptalk1439902511471.jpg

This will be pretty awesome, the next version of Android will give you the capability to toggle permissions on/off by app.

Being able to have location on for maps but not for Facebook etc will be nice.

That's huge. So many of my apps use location but have no business doing so

Yes. Coming from Apple I was shocked how Android did their permissions.

Golfshot on Android wear is brilliant. Anyone else use wearable tech?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I used the app that had the pebble tie-in before I got my game golf.

My wife got a look at the Galaxy S6+ Edge today and its a pretty gorgeaous pice of hardware. I think she will be upgrading from the Moto X 2nd Gen she has now.

My wife got a look at the Galaxy S6+ Edge today and its a pretty gorgeaous pice of hardware. I think she will be upgrading from the Moto X 2nd Gen she has now.
That's great to hear. I've been eyeing the note 5 for awhile and i know they have similar specs now. I'll be coming from an s4 so im pretty excited. Almost went and looked yesterday but never got to it.

I know Samsung is very popular but do not sleep on the Nexus 6 or its other variant to be announced later this year. Great devices and great support just my 2 cents

I use GolfPad GPS on mine. It's absolutely fabulous, especially when using their GolfTags. But the golf tags take a lot of battery power, so when I'm running low at the end of the day, I'll just use the basic app and put my phone in my bag. I can still track every shot by touching the watch and it'll still track which club and what distance I hit it. It'll also give recommendations on what club to hit based on past yardages logged.

I have the standard S6 Edge and it's a nice phone, but I regret spending the extra money for the edge screen. On my phone it does absolutely nothing for me that I can't do faster by hitting the home button. I still love the phone and it's more comfortable to hold than the standard square edged S6, but not $100 more comfortable. Did they update the capabilities for the S6+?

Back