Android Phone Thread

Lot better than 700+ for the other two he mentioned.
Don't forget the $100 off for HTC preorder. Still a big difference. Just sayin...

Don't forget the $100 off for HTC preorder. Still a big difference. Just sayin...
Did you end up pulling the trigger?

Did you end up pulling the trigger?
No sir. Mkbhd just released his video yesterday and I was waiting for his take. It didn't turn me against it but still haven't made up my mind. I'm still kinda pissed I don't get the extra discount.

Starting to think my N6 needs a fresh wipe and restart. Nothing major just a little slow as I get low on the battery and the camera is still not functioning as well as I would like it to.

Still keeping my eye out on swappa and craigslist for a used android, not finding any deals though.

Starting to think my N6 needs a fresh wipe and restart. Nothing major just a little slow as I get low on the battery and the camera is still not functioning as well as I would like it to.

same here, even though I gave a wipe to mine about a month ago. Been getting a little sluggish and the camera is bad. It's not longer quick to open.

Camera still sucks on mine, but not seeing any sluggishness.

same here, even though I gave a wipe to mine about a month ago. Been getting a little sluggish and the camera is bad. It's not longer quick to open.
Yeah and it was doing that funky focusing thing again which was just annoying.

I am ready at this point for Android N. To get released and see if that can improve things.

Camera still sucks on mine, but not seeing any sluggishness.
Have you done any research on replacements for the camera?

Have you done any research on replacements for the camera?
No, but I should, camera is way down on my list of priorities in a phone. I mostly take pictures of beer and hockey celebrations.

Found a smoking deal on a V10...

Hmm...

No, but I should, camera is way down on my list of priorities in a phone. I mostly take pictures of beer and hockey celebrations.
Yeah same here and golf courses occasionally

Last week I got a Nexus 6p 64gb and am trying out Google Project Fi for service (currently on T-Mobile), so far so good. The phone immediately jumped on a sprint LTE network when I was out and about but at my house it hits the same T-Mobile B4 LTE that my MotoXP would always grab.

The 6p is definitely faster starting/switching apps than my MotoXP 15 and of course is very current with Android security updates (MotoXP is still on Feb 2016) and the 6p AMOLED screen is much more vibrant than the MotoXP LCD. That all being said, the MotoXP is still the second best android phone and a great deal since it has SD card expansion capability. I might just use it as an ipod replacement for my car.

If the ZTE Axon 7 reviews well I may pull the trigger. Impressive specs for a sub $500 phone.

After getting and using a LG G4 for work recently I'm quite fond of it and am pretty settled on the LG G5 for my next personal phone.

After getting and using a LG G4 for work recently I'm quite fond of it and am pretty settled on the LG G5 for my next personal phone.
I played around with these at Best Buy last time I was there and the screen is a thing of beauty. Not looking to upgrade from my Nexus 6 but if I was LG might be on the short list.

My G4 crapped out on me so I just upgraded to the G5. I don't embrace change well, so there are things I really like about it, and things I really miss from the G4.

My G4 crapped out on me so I just upgraded to the G5. I don't embrace change well, so there are things I really like about it, and things I really miss from the G4.
What about the G5 don't you like?

I'd be interested to see how you like the G5. I can upgrade soon and the G5 was at the top of my list since I have the G3 now.

Wallpaper for the weekend.

8f5bece78ab16a8d2a38808649a6d4a0.jpg

If the ZTE Axon 7 reviews well I may pull the trigger. Impressive specs for a sub $500 phone.

Finally heard a price of $450 with a 2 year warranty with free shipping both ways. I'll be patient as I don't know anything about ZTE but with flagship specs at that price I'm already thinking this is where I'm headed...

After two weeks with Google Project Fi on a Nexus 6p I may just go back to T-Mobile. The phone is great but the Fi service is meh. The primary problem is the call quality which is quite awful unless you force it into wifi calling. At my house, even if I force the phone using "FiSwitch" app to the same T-Mobile tower I was always on with my previous MotoXP15, the quality is still horrible.

There is also always confusion as the phone is switching between T-Mobile and Sprint networks and also trying to "sniff" friendly Google approved wifi locations. You can watch the thing scan around and switch. Fi will always choose the crappiest cell tower over the strongest wifi for some reason as well (even in your house!) I am in Norcal and travel along a major highway corridor between Sacramento and San Francisco so I really expected this to work better. The pricing seemed cool though - but I'd literally have the same thing if I switch to a Tmob prepaid plan.

More research on Project Fi: During my roaming around - for voice it was also always favoring Sprint 2G networks over anything else, and the quality was bad. There is also no support for VOLTE. If you were using your phone only via Hangouts (including calls) you'd be okay as the data part is great. If you need to use it as a "cell phone", the voice is not up to par.

I'll give it another test in a year or so. At least Google makes it very easy through a few clicks to join/cancel-port nbr back to Google Voice.

Last edited:
Still no MM update for the AT&T note 5, that's just ridiculous. Especially seeing they released the MM update for the S6. I think I'm done with At&t after this go round.

Back