Android Phone Thread

Get the one with raw Android on it. HTC Sense is one of my least favorite. Motorola being the worst IMO.

I ended up getting a Galaxy S4. Just had trouble imagining not being able to swap out a battery. I am a battery killing machine. I actually don't mind Sense. In the earlier days it was far better than TouchWiz.

Good luck with the battery Colt. Yeah those number were pretty ugly man. Enjoy CT and the Invitational!

Get the one with raw Android on it. HTC Sense is one of my least favorite. Motorola being the worst IMO.

Have you tried Sense 5.0? I only ask because it's a vast improvement.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I ended up getting a Galaxy S4. Just had trouble imagining not being able to swap out a battery. I am a battery killing machine. I actually don't mind Sense. In the earlier days it was far better than TouchWiz.

Good call, the lack of a replaceable battery just blows my mind, why would you design a phone that is handicapped like that? For a mm of thickness?

Good call, the lack of a replaceable battery just blows my mind, why would you design a phone that is handicapped like that? For a mm of thickness?

Because the number of people who care about a removable battery to the point of making a buying decision is smaller than the number of people who want the build quality that comes with the aluminum unibody. Just marketing.

I agree with you and the battery mice to have the option to just swap a fresh one in. I will say that I did like the feel of the HTC One it felt really great in my hand and I was seriously pondering it but with it not coming to Verizon that was a deal breaker for me. I am not switching carriers just for a phone. I am extremely happy with the S4 so far.

Because the number of people who care about a removable battery to the point of making a buying decision is smaller than the number of people who want the build quality that comes with the aluminum unibody. Just marketing.

It seems the S4 has far outsold the HTC ONE, obviously that isn't only because of the battery, but I think it is a big factor for many.

HTC had a lot of supply problems right when they released the One. I believe they were smart releasing before the Samsung announcement but failed miserably in filling orders. They had the ball then dropped it big time IMO.

It seems the S4 has far outsold the HTC ONE, obviously that isn't only because of the battery, but I think it is a big factor for many.
My first choice was the Nexus 4, and then the HTC One. Being able to replace the battery leapfrogged the S4 over both of these. Haven't gotten it yet, but I will, unless something better comes out before then.

My first choice was the Nexus 4, and then the HTC One. Being able to replace the battery leapfrogged the S4 over both of these. Haven't gotten it yet, but I will, unless something better comes out before then.

Smalls, I also really liked the Nexus 4 but no LTE support was a deal breaker for me and no Verizon. I came from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and really liked the phone and the pure Google/Android feel of the phone. I have heard rumor of a Nexus 5 just dont remember who was going to make it.

So is this your factory battery or did you pick up some sort of aftermarket deal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So is this your factory battery or did you pick up some sort of aftermarket deal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

He's rocking the FrankenLemon

This jerk from Verizon just tried to tell me that 11 hours with only one hour of screen on time is completely normal for this phone. I just said no sir, I want another battery now or you're getting your phone back. I got a new battery... :)

This jerk from Verizon just tried to tell me that 11 hours with only one hour of screen on time is completely normal for this phone. I just said no sir, I want another battery now or you're getting your phone back. I got a new battery... :)

That doesn't surprise me at all. Verizons coverage is the best, their customer service is pathetic.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Verizons coverage is the best, their customer service is pathetic.

I have found that the only way to get anything done with Verizon over the years is to be blunt and rude.

Get em Colt. Want to come with me next time I need a new car? Well done dude

Have you tried Sense 5.0? I only ask because it's a vast improvement.

Is it on the DNA?

I have found that the only way to get anything done with Verizon over the years is to be blunt and rude.

I just call them. I've had guys at the store flat out tell me they can do nowhere near what the customer service reps can do via phone.

Get em Colt. Want to come with me next time I need a new car? Well done dude

Just have to show them that you aren't bluffing. The guy that looked at me with a smirk and told me that if I wanted to return the phone I would need my original packaging and receipt within 14 days. I guess he didn't expect me to pull both of them out of my Dick's Sports shopping bag. As soon as I did his smirk went away, he tucked his tail, and he went in the back and got me a battery.

What a jerk.

2 days, 19 hours, and currently sitting at 32%

This battery is hilarious. Will... Not... Die!!!!

That's how mine was until 16% and then it shot down way fast. I found that odd.

That's how mine was until 16% and then it shot down way fast. I found that odd.

I've always found phones to do this, but for some reason my s4 stock battery seems to be the opposite, the last 20% lasts for hours it seems.

You just got me to call up T-Mobile. I don't have an S4 right now, but rater the MyTouch Q, and I have some crappy battery life. I've gotten two replacement batteries (not from T-Mobile) and they haven't been any better. So their customer service suggested sending out a new phone instead of a new battery because sometimes it's the phone that is causing the problem. So we will try that out first and then if it still isn't any better, then we'll look into a new battery from them.

You just got me to call up T-Mobile. I don't have an S4 right now, but rater the MyTouch Q, and I have some crappy battery life. I've gotten two replacement batteries (not from T-Mobile) and they haven't been any better. So their customer service suggested sending out a new phone instead of a new battery because sometimes it's the phone that is causing the problem. So we will try that out first and then if it still isn't any better, then we'll look into a new battery from them.

I have heard great things about T mobile's customer service, and your story backs up what I have heard. Unfortunately their coverage in these neck of the woods is crap.

Back