Android Phone Thread

I have gotten used to Fleksy that TyNo posted the other day, it's quite fast once you get adjusted.

Me too. There are a few improvements that could be made, but overall I like it a lot. I'm typically a SwiftKey user, but this is pretty slick. I have found the mini version better than the regular...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Me too. There are a few improvements that could be made, but overall I like it a lot. I'm typically a SwiftKey user, but this is pretty slick. I have found the mini version better than the regular...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Mini version?

Yesterday and last night have proven much better in the battery life front.

uzy8y2a3.jpg

Ok first complaint about the S4, data! I had to use my upgrade to get the phone for 199 with the mail in rebate. I had an unlimited plan but just could not fork over the 700 bucks get the phone at retail price, so we started with 2 gb shared and just got a message this AM that we were half way to our limit. So I bit the bullet and signed up for the 4 gb plan which was only 10 bucks more a month.

After being not being worried about my data usage for so long it has sucked worrying about it again but I think with the 4gb plan we should be good to go.

Ok first complaint about the S4, data! I had to use my upgrade to get the phone for 199 with the mail in rebate. I had an unlimited plan but just could not fork over the 700 bucks get the phone at retail price, so we started with 2 gb shared and just got a message this AM that we were half way to our limit. So I bit the bullet and signed up for the 4 gb plan which was only 10 bucks more a month.

After being not being worried about my data usage for so long it has sucked worrying about it again but I think with the 4gb plan we should be good to go.

Are you with Verizon? When I got my s3 I just called in and complained and they switched me back to unlimited.

Are you with Verizon? When I got my s3 I just called in and complained and they switched me back to unlimited.

Hmm yeah I am with Verizon but I had to switch plans when I took the upgrade. They are transitioning away from the unlimited with the new Share plans. Only a matter of time before they get everyone

Yeah same here allthough im on wifi alot im hoping 2gb does the trick

That's pretty much the only reason why I don't have an S4 right now.. I don't want to lose unlimited data, even though I rarely go over their common plan totals.

I just don't want to have to watch it.

Yeah same here allthough im on wifi alot im hoping 2gb does the trick

Yeah same I am on the wifi at home and work so that should help. It is my fiance and I on one plan and she isn't really sure when she is using data, so yeah we are going to have a little tutorial later haha

That's pretty much the only reason why I don't have an S4 right now.. I don't want to lose unlimited data, even though I rarely go over their common plan totals.

I just don't want to have to watch it.

Yeah I was on Gnex with a cracked screen my battery life was pretty bad so I knew I was getting the S4. Also my fiance dropped her iPhone in a lake over Memorial day weekend so she was using an old Blackberry. I was due for an upgrade and with all the circumstances we just decided to take it.

Honestly the differences btw the S3 and S4 arent that great. Not sure if I was on the S3 I would have upgraded.

My only complaint is that you cant use a case with the phone with wireless charging.

Hmm good call I didn't even think about that, I wonder if they will release a case with wireless charging capabilities.

Hmm yeah I am with Verizon but I had to switch plans when I took the upgrade. They are transitioning away from the unlimited with the new Share plans. Only a matter of time before they get everyone

I know they're switching. They switched me too. I use over 4gb a month by myself so I called in. The girl was like, "I'm putting you back on unlimited. Have fun!"

I had no problem with her doing that.

So far I'm loving Google keyboard over Swype. Swype was constantly missing words for me.

After Google I/O I took the plunge and started the free trial of Google Play Music All Access ( I call it Google Music still that other name is silly) it is essentially like Spotify and there streaming service. I already had about 5k song in Google Music so I decided to give it a try and so far I am really enjoying it. It has a great explore option where you can get recommendations but also search out new artists. You can also add entire albums to your Library to play later on.

It is 7.99 a month and so far I am thinking it is worth it, anyone give it a try?

Did you use Spotify Premium prior?

So far I'm loving Google keyboard over Swype. Swype was constantly missing words for me.
Going to check that out.
After Google I/O I took the plunge and started the free trial of Google Play Music All Access ( I call it Google Music still that other name is silly) it is essentially like Spotify and there streaming service. I already had about 5k song in Google Music so I decided to give it a try and so far I am really enjoying it. It has a great explore option where you can get recommendations but also search out new artists. You can also add entire albums to your Library to play later on.

It is 7.99 a month and so far I am thinking it is worth it, anyone give it a try?

I like it too. Not too bad, imo.

Time to upgrade my company phone. Moving from a Galaxy S3 to an HTC One today.

Time to upgrade my company phone. Moving from a Galaxy S3 to an HTC One today.

Get the one with raw Android on it. HTC Sense is one of my least favorite. Motorola being the worst IMO.

Getting a new battery today on the way to the invitational.

These stats are disgusting and it's definitely the battery.

y2y9evus.jpg

py5a6e9a.jpg

yma2enyv.jpg

I mean come on. An hour and a half of screen on time and less than a half of a MB of data processed!!!

Back