Any Sports Card Collectors here

Hoping Tiger keeps it up and somehow wins another major so I can unload my signed Upper Deck SP Authentic card for a nice price like it used to fetch.

I have a few golf cards from early 2000's. I collected baseball, football, and basketball cards in the late 80's-early 90's, but was also turned off by the dozens of brands available. I also have a case of Wheaties from with Tiger from 1999ish and a case with Mark McGwire HR record breaking. Add to that my Sports Illustrated collection... bunches of Tiger covers, 1996 (with label), 2000 US Open...

Any Sports Card Collectors here

I still have a ton of cards from when I was in middle school. Sadly many of them aren’t even close to being with what they were but I still enjoy collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ton of full baseball sets from the early to late 90's from different companies. I would like to unload them, but I don't know how. There are many thousands of cards stored in card boxes and were pretty much untouched. Have some hockey and football cards too. I really need to find somewhere to sell these.

Like others, have quite a bit of baseball and basketball from late 80's early 90's....always a focus on rookie cards. They are still in the book I collected them in way back, attempted to sell the lot like 7 or 8 years ago but didn't follow through.

Collecting sure has taken a turn since back then.

Some recent pickups from last month
99802bea9d6ef12b542c9a378edf8e25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Big money right there.

Hoping Tiger keeps it up and somehow wins another major so I can unload my signed Upper Deck SP Authentic card for a nice price like it used to fetch.

Waiting for that $3k mark?

Great looking set there, have you thought about getting the TW graded?

I probably will before I sell it. If I ever sell it.

Have a lot more signed and game used golf cards from lesser names. Probably have 10 or 12 Tiger rookie cards from the 2001 regular UD set. Plus a lot more stuff. Need to revisit it all to see what I really have.

I probably will before I sell it. If I ever sell it.

Have a lot more signed and game used golf cards from lesser names. Probably have 10 or 12 Tiger rookie cards from the 2001 regular UD set. Plus a lot more stuff. Need to revisit it all to see what I really have.

It's always fun going back through and seeing what you have. I know if he keeps this up they will get close to their peak value again.

It's always fun going back through and seeing what you have. I know if he keeps this up they will get close to their peak value again.

It really is. It will suck when I get to the baseball cards and realize how much money I sunk into Bonds and Clemens cards though... Was a huge fan of both (before the PEDs) and bought a lot of rookie cards of both.

It really is. It will suck when I get to the baseball cards and realize how much money I sunk into Bonds and Clemens cards though... Was a huge fan of both (before the PEDs) and bought a lot of rookie cards of both.

Yep, unfortunately 80's/90's cards are completely worthless now.

i dont collect but I have a handful of my great uncle, Phil Cavarretta, who played for the Cubs in the 40's

Yep, unfortunately 80's/90's cards are completely worthless now.

Do have Gwynn and Ripken, Jr. rookie cards so I am still good with those. You are right about the majority of others though.

Rookie cards only:
Gretzky
Lemieux
Aikman
E Smith
Staubach
Bradshaw
Russell Maryland (2 cards, cowboys & Miami)
Dorset
E Lindros (as a nodique)
P Fosberg
Patrick Roy
Yes, OJ

Do have Gwynn and Ripken, Jr. rookie cards so I am still good with those. You are right about the majority of others though.

I have a Pete Rose Jr rookie card from 2000, I think was his "rookie" year.

I think a lot of the issue with the older cards are they produced so many of them, then started into the parallel sets, foil sets and all that other stuff.

Anyone have any of the action packed cards that had the 3D feel to them? I can't remember if they made it to baseball, but I know they had them for a few short years in football. I have a Ki-Jana Carter rookie card in those.

Well stumbled across a gem of a card shop today. Took my middle one Erica and had a blast. Guy there was great gave her some hard plastic and a baker Mayfield rookie.

We bought a box that I let her open up and she got a few solid cards and autographs. Had a blast and will be returning.

01214e121be6a77169952d48c61f9495.jpg
3c2fb9699c3d21cd895495e26ff885ff.jpg
8c22cab1bcb97f6d60e8a774ad94afcc.jpg

I remember the thrill of opening up packs of cards. The thrill of that awesome pull was amazing!

They have a similar store here in North TX called Nick’s Cards. Lot of fun opening up a box or packs there. Some of the prices for special packs and boxes are staggering though!! They have the mystery signed boxes for helmets and jerseys. I bought one for $100 and it was a Jim Rice autographed jersey. I flipped out because he was my favorite baseball player as a kid: getting it framed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it when kids get into card collecting. Great job Mike. I've got several thousand cards I need to go back through and see if I have any winners. I've also got some unopened boxes I've stashed away for hopefully one day they'll be worth some cash.

Cook place next time I go I get a tour or their personal collection which I'm sure is impressive.

Also I saw a sweet 1953 Mickey mantle that was impressive

Back