I have 3 VW's right now. 2009 Tiguan, 2012 Touareg and 2013 Beetle. All very nice cars !!!

Any VW owners?

Had a '12 GTI... Forced to sell due to job transfer. Loved it.... Here she is:

6bc11381953226664e6ee2254ff47bee.jpg

Not sure what your price range is but I'd strongly suggest Unitronic for a CAI. I have theirs on my GLI and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That runs about $400? Not too bad. Wouldn't be the first thing I would do on it though...

2010 Golf owner here...daily commuter. Still getting 33 MPG. Getting ready to hit 100K soon.

I keep reading about all of these golf owners getting 30+mpg and I'm sitting here getting 21 with a max of 26.6 and that was all highway.

Cleaned my R today. The sealant applied by the detailers made it incredibly easy to clean and it looks like it was just detailed again.

I keep reading about all of these golf owners getting 30+mpg and I'm sitting here getting 21 with a max of 26.6 and that was all highway.

Cleaned my R today. The sealant applied by the detailers made it incredibly easy to clean and it looks like it was just detailed again.
Haha, I bet that has a little to do with having the R, a little to do with mods, and alot to do with driving style.

Just updated from my '12 GLI to a '15 GLI today.

They are finally giving the car the attention it deserves, bringing a ton of the GTI features over (it already has the transmission and engine) while still keeping it unique to itself. The new features from my '12 base model are insane. sunroof, intermittent wipers, climate control, rims, automatic driver seat, full leatherette seating, monster mats, auto-lights, upgraded shifter...

I'm just really really impressed with VW standing behind the model. For people who prefer Sedans, it is about as good as it gets in that price range. Oh, and the deal I got was awesome. Pumped!!!!

Haha, I bet that has a little to do with having the R, a little to do with mods, and alot to do with driving style.

Yeah, the tank after I got it tuned I averaged 14.8. The highway mpg is frustrating, it even tuned it should be closer to 30-32. I need to have some weight taken out of my right foot I guess. Its just too much fun watching the speedometer move as fast as it does.

Yeah, the tank after I got it tuned I averaged 14.8. The highway mpg is frustrating, it even tuned it should be closer to 30-32. I need to have some weight taken out of my right foot I guess. Its just too much fun watching the speedometer move as fast as it does.
Haha, 14.8 is impressively bad. I think the very worst I've gotten in my car is 22, and that standing on it frequently. That is pickup range.

Launches and wot runs killed fuel economy. Basically drove it like I stole it for a week. Got a couple upgrades I have planned. Probably do intake in a week or two. Waiting on a new down pipe for stage 2.

I like that car a lot Dan. How well do clubs fit in the trunk? With awd it would be on my short list for sure!

Super easy. The trunk is impressive. Hang on I'll grab a pic.

yes!!!
Jetta trunks are ridiculous for the overall size.

And I want to borrow.

Jetta trunks are ridiculous for the overall size.

And I want to borrow.

Yeah man, all the engine/transmission perks of the GTI in the Jetta body shape. It's everything I want in a car for the price.

That car is sweet! Go buy a VCDS-lite so you can do windows up and down via the keyfob, turn off the annoying open door chime, and turn off the lock/unlock bleat (too weak to be a horn). You can do lots more as well.
I love this thing.

84dffff4019f09a41a05dcc871fb8960.jpg

74e731a0aac7dbace6db90c1f4debbd2.jpg

cc0cbc99cdbfa4d7611cf5755bfd7f6b.jpg

I love this thing.

84dffff4019f09a41a05dcc871fb8960.jpg

74e731a0aac7dbace6db90c1f4debbd2.jpg

cc0cbc99cdbfa4d7611cf5755bfd7f6b.jpg
Man that is good looking. I love my black on black TDI jetta with 6spd man, but only thing I wish was they would do a diesel with the gli...

That car is sweet! Go buy a VCDS-lite so you can do windows up and down via the keyfob, turn off the annoying open door chime, and turn off the lock/unlock bleat (too weak to be a horn). You can do lots more as well.
I got the vcds cable for Christmas last year and so happy I did. All kinds of things you can do with the car.

I'll have to look into that!

I got the vcds cable for Christmas last year and so happy I did. All kinds of things you can do with the car.
Indeed! And if you feel like diagnosing a check engine light yourself instead of $$$ at the dealer, you can do that too. :D

Back