Are You Nervous About Buying Golf Equipment Manufactured in China?

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
After watching the @golfunfiltered live Instagram video with @Ryan_BudgetGolf from Budget Golf, are you at all apprehensive about buying goods manufactured in China? This can really encompass anything made in China, but I am just taking about golf equipment, etc. Would you be more likely to buy older stock than the new goods shipped in the next few weeks?

Last edited:
Not anymore than any thing getting shipped these days. The virus can come from anything being shipped. Just take adequate precautions when handling packages.

Not in the slightest. But I do think goods incoming have been and will be slowed for a while.

Whatever I get now, gets disinfected.

ETA: Wasn't thinking about it from the time factor @mancest mentioned. I'd have to think about an inordinate delay.

After watch the @golfunfiltered live Instagram video with @Ryan_BudgetGolf from Budget Golf, are you at all apprehensive about buying goods manufactured in China? This can really encompass anything made in China, but I am just taking about golf equipment, etc. Would you be more likely to buy older stock than the new goods shipped in the next few weeks?

Why? If the belief is that it can only last 14 days or so.
I mean no more so than someone else that has been in contact picking something up in store or warehouse before shipping it.

No, not a bit.

Why? If the belief is that it can only last 14 days or so.
I mean no more so than someone else that has been in contact picking something up in store or warehouse before shipping it.
Just truly curious if it would affect someone's decision to purchase golf equipment right now or in the next few weeks. I know you can only guess at this, but what do you think the time frame is from the day something is finalized and boxed/shipped to the shelves in a golf store? You have travel, customs, inspections, maybe a mandatory quarantine period? Can it be less than 30 days?

Not concerned about it at all.

Just truly curious if it would affect someone's decision to purchase golf equipment right now or in the next few weeks. I know you can only guess at this, but what do you think the time frame is from the day something is finalized and boxed/shipped to the shelves in a golf store? You have travel, customs, inspections, maybe a mandatory quarantine period? Can it be less than 30 days?

Yes. But I dont think by the time someone orders something and gets it, there is much of a concern. No more so than from someone else picking the box up and licking it or other disgusting things people do.

The amount of stuff I've bought from amazon warehouses with confirmed COVID-19 cases......nah, I'm not worried about it.

No concerns here.

Yes. But I dont think by the time someone orders something and gets it, there is much of a concern. No more so than from someone else picking the box up and licking it or other disgusting things people do.

I can post that gas station picture to show how gross people are hahahaha

I can post that gas station picture to show how gross people are hahahaha

Please don't.

As for the original post, no.
There is a chance for that from anything really. Even products not from China.

Not at all concerned.

No concerns at all.

Nope.

I have been thoroughly Clorox wiping the clubs I've sold the couple days before I drop them off for shipping though. It's stupid, and won't matter, but I figure they have a fresh start at least.

Here is an article on getting COVID-19 from mail/packages

Nope. Bleachy bleach bleach.

Whatever I get now, gets disinfected.

ETA: Wasn't thinking about it from the time factor @mancest mentioned. I'd have to think about an inordinate delay.

I have no plans to purchase any golf stuff in near future. I'm good for at least 6 months or so.

If I did need something that came from China, I wouldn't be any more worried about it than I am having to got out shopping here locally. The virus is here, in America.

Touch an infected gas pump. A shopping cart. Grab a cup for a soft drink. Eat fast food handled by others. Handle money. The list is endless. China is not that big of a problem when compared to the local possibilities for self contamination.

I think it's hard for one to publicly say yes.
I think it's only human nature to at least wonder.

I'd be much more concerned with contracting something that has originated here. We can't seem to contain anything - China on the other hand has full containment.

Nope no concerns at all.

Back