Arm lock putting?

By rule it cannot extend past your elbow joint so I set up with it and had them cut an inch off standard length (I'm just over 5'9" tall).

What length did that put yours at?

What length did that put yours at?

I believe stock length is 43" so mine was at 42". I set up like they showed on Odyssey and the video OG posted and still struggled to be square or have the face square. My brother had the Betti Kuchar model and I had the same issues.

Had a friend that built one of these and I had similar issues with it that most of you have had on getting the face closed. I do like the stability and the ease of putting these bring but I just couldn't figure out how to close the face without jabbing at it

KG

Just Tapping Away

From what we were told, they killed the Arm Lock due to lack of interest.

"They" being SeeMore? I can understand that. I think if you've already learned SPi technique, the armlock is just adding more stuff that can go wrong, without any real additional benefit (my guess). The setup and rocking the shoulders using SPi makes for a very stable & repeatable swing, IMO. But I'd certainly like to hear from a SeeMore pro their take on it.

"They" being SeeMore? I can understand that. I think if you've already learned SPi technique, the armlock is just adding more stuff that can go wrong, without any real additional benefit (my guess). The setup and rocking the shoulders using SPi makes for a very stable & repeatable swing, IMO. But I'd certainly like to hear from a SeeMore pro their take on it.

I believe "they" was referring to Odyssey discontinuing them.

Cookie is correct.

Oops. my bad!

Putted for a while last night with the DART arm lock putter - 46/50 from 7 feet with 3 of the misses being pulls (my usual miss). By comparison, I was 40/50 with my standard Rife putter. Outside of really pointing out my big stroke flaw, the arm lock putter really helped with tempo as I would lose club/forearm contact if I got quick. Certainly worth a try if you are looking for a different putting style.

Nice work, Bellairemi. Keep up the good work & let us know how this continues.

Not sure if this is helpful but I did putt this evening for 1/2 hour at the shop - was about 18' from the hole. For the first 20 minutes I putted exclusively with my Rife and really felt comfortable. I really want a conventional length putter because I always walk and would prefer not to lug the longer arm lock so was happy. However when I pulled out the arm lock, the results were so much better. Not only did I make more putts but the percentage of dead center putts (could be the DART alignment as well) was far higher.

Nice work, Bellairemi. Keep up the good work & let us know how this continues.

Interesting followup bellairemi.:thumb:

I'm being a good nurse to my wife this week who just had surgery however once she's better, I'll be out on the course with my arm lock. I'll come back in here and post my thoughts as well

Thanks - that would be helpful for me. I'm envious you can golf as we are in snowshoe only mode up here.

Interesting followup bellairemi.:thumb:

I'm being a good nurse to my wife this week who just had surgery however once she's better, I'll be out on the course with my arm lock. I'll come back in here and post my thoughts as well

Thanks - that would be helpful for me. I'm envious you can golf as we are in snowshoe only mode up here.

We've had some pretty harsh weather for my neck of the woods the last several weeks but it will be gone shortly. You know it's funny how something like this works for a small percentage of the golfing population, but if it helps those few, that's what it's all about.

We've had some pretty harsh weather for my neck of the woods the last several weeks but it will be gone shortly. You know it's funny how something like this works for a small percentage of the golfing population, but if it helps those few, that's what it's all about.

It's also about trying new things IMO! You never get better if you're not willing to change.

I have been putting every night with the arm lock versus my Rife gamer; no contest as it turns out. Hopefully the arm lock will not be too cumbersome in the bag as all my conventional ones will be sold. I make on average 10-15% (depending on length) more makes with the arm lock and I am far more confident with it as well.

The last time out with my Odsessy #7 arm lock putter, I was rolling the ball really well. DawgDaddy and MarcH were both in the shock mode about how well I was rolling the egg. MarcH gave me a putting lesson that has done amazing things for my stroke. If I continue to putt well, watch out opponents in the King, because I'm coming after ya! :golf2:

Arm lock putting?

So just got an STX Sync 43" belly putter off of eBay for $10 (for that price how could I resist). Is the consensus that the angle isn't right to use a belly putter as an arm lock putter? If that is the case, is it possible to bend the shaft such that the lie is correct?

ETA: watched the video, it's the loft that needs to be 7. Oh well ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So just got an STX Sync 43" belly putter off of eBay for $10 (for that price how could I resist). Is the consensus that the angle isn't right to use a belly putter as an arm lock putter? If that is the case, is it possible to bend the shaft such that the lie is correct?

You can still get the feel for it. I actually putted this way with my Taylormade ghost putter (not an arm lock putter) and it worked ok. With the correct loft it's much easier to set up better..

I believe most putters have 3-4 degrees of loft, I don't know if you could have one bent all the way to 7 or not.

Yeah, the Sync 7 is a 3 degree loft putter. Will give the pro at Dicks or Golfsmith a call tomorrow and see if they can adjust a putter that extra 4 degrees.

Yeah, the Sync 7 is a 3 degree loft putter. Will give the pro at Dicks or Golfsmith a call tomorrow and see if they can adjust a putter that extra 4 degrees.

You can pick up an Odysessy arm lock #7 for a $100.00 on the bay, if you're still going in this direction :thumb:. I'm actually beginning to really trust this thing and it is feeling more natural to me. If you have any tendency to flip or rotate your wrists I have found this to be a great cure for it. Also it's near impossible if you have a tendency to cut your putts, with this style putter. Takes that out of the equation for me.

Just thought I would bump this up since visiting a friend who has a shop with a SAM system. Without question, my stroke was much better with the arm lock putter. However, my aim was horrendous with the Odyssey DART; after some work, it appears I aim blades much better. That leaves me to wonder about buying one of the Kuchar models. With the family needing a new vehicle, I think that may be out of the question right now.

Gary did set me up with a PGA pro who learned putting from Pat O'brien - so I may try a lesson instead on a standard length putter.

Picked up a new Dart Armlock on eBay for 50 bucks. I play a backstroke Dart better than any other putter I ave tried. I think this is an extension of the backstryke concept. From a sales perspective it seems this idea did not do well but it still may work for some and if your curious tey are cheap.

I'm looking for feedback on arm lock putting. Honestly I really had not considered it until a customer traded in a very lightly used Odyssey arm lock putter. We never stocked them so it was interesting to try one - the putter/stroke appeared stable and to start on line very well. Thoughts?
Mine only lasted me about 3 rounds before I was done on the experiment. Like anything else certain things fit for some--just did not like that thing up on my forearm personally.

my #7 metal-x 40" just came in the mail today. will be heading to the range for some putting practice at lunch time, and will check back in with thoughts. my miss is a yip with my right hand where i stab at the putt at impact and tug it long and left (right handed).

i'm really curious why 43" seems to be the norm. i saw this video from bobby grace, and i came in at 40". i'm 5'10 with longer legs, monkey arms and a short torso.

Back