at&t pebble beach national pro-am

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
i don't feel qualified or savvy enough to start the official at&t pebble beach national pro-am thread, but i just wanted to give a shout out to my best friend who will be on the bag for jake owen this weekend. jake is paired with jordan spieth this weekend, and their foursome includes dustin johnson and wayne gretzky, so i'm hoping their group gets some airtime!

Your friend will probably get some air time since the media will probably do some 'dope fiend' thing on Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did your friend land on the bag for JO? Does he know him personally or random pairing?

So how did your friend land on the bag for JO? Does he know him personally or random pairing?

they're really close friends from college. my friend isn't in the professional golf or country music business. he's a regular working stiff like the rest of us, just happens to be good friends with a big star.

Man that would be awesome to just hear some insight from some of the best.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how is the team scoring done for this? The Pros keep their own score and a team score with their amateur playing partner. How does this work?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how is the team scoring done for this? The Pros keep their own score and a team score with their amateur playing partner. How does this work?
I think it is best ball with handicaps for the amateur. The pro can score a 4, and if the amateur scores a 4 but if it is a home he gets a stroke on, they score 3 as a team.

What driver was Daly swinging?

John Daly shot -7?? Guess this means a 78 tomorrow for him. Wish he would pull a great weekend or two together.

John Daly shot -7?? Guess this means a 78 tomorrow for him. Wish he would pull a great weekend or two together.

Or an 88. I'm still trying to figure out how he gets into these events?

Past champion for this event I believe.. averaged 322 off the tee today

Daly is there on past champion status. I like to see Daly still golfing in tournaments. I hope he does well. I think he will be a big draw for the Champions Tour next year.

I would like to see him keep playing well but know many on this forum will hope for his likely train wreck tomorrow.

Let's see what tomorrow holds for him. Hope it's something decent.

I'm hoping Daly can put together some good rounds , but I'm not betting on it . I always pull for him but he finds ways to let me down..

My father volunteers as a marshal for this event every year. He's out there in his white plus fours and red jacket. Usually somewhere on the early back 9.

they're really close friends from college. my friend isn't in the professional golf or country music business. he's a regular working stiff like the rest of us, just happens to be good friends with a big star.

Nice. Looks like they had unbelievable weather so far this year.

is there a max handicap for amateurs in this event?

is there a max handicap for amateurs in this event?

I saw an article that showed the more famous celebrities playing and their handicaps. A few were 18+.

10922817_821995828753_8979990494936028629_n.jpg

Surprised to see big John in the lead, but I am happy for him. Hopefully he can keep it up and finish in the top 3

I've been keeping up with Michael Thompson for a few weeks since his new caddie is the son of a friend. If Michael could cut out the bogies he would be a factor in tournaments because he is making some birdies. Today, they showed a couple of bad holes for him, a three putt on 14 and then a bogie on 18 after hooking his tee shot into the bay and his provisional onto the beach. It was actually a pretty good bogie. Eight birdies today with four bogies.

spieth and jake aren't playing pebble until Saturday, and based on gc coverage today it looks like they're not showing spyglass or Monterey much at all so I probably won't get a chance to see my friend until Saturday. it looks like the weather is flawless out there right now! man, I want to play out there!

So how do the three courses they're using for this event compare in difficulty?
Pebble Beach
Monterey Peninsula
Spyglass Hill

So how do the three courses they're using for this event compare in difficulty?
Pebble Beach
Monterey Peninsula
Spyglass Hill

I just saw a pop up statistic on golf channel, Beach and Peninsula scores are averaging around 69. Spyglass is close to 71 tomorrow should be interesting. I hope Daly puts it together, he's going in the wrong direction now (again).

Back