its length is fine. What I heard, is that the materials used in it might not be legal.

i thought the company chose not to patent the design precisely because they didn't want anyone to know what's in it. also, what types of materials are not permitted to be used in a club shaft? genuinely asking because i don't know much about those rules.

Damn lol

:eek: I just looked it up in the rulebook usga, Equipment Rules Final.pdf (usga.org) page 32-33, i needs to have certain dimensions, it needs to have a spine, and some type of symetricalness, and a conforming cross section, if it is assymetrical then it will not be legal, and deflection, and a couple more things. These are why i believe autoflex is not legal, i believe the cross section would not conform. Im right, guys?:love:

:eek: I just looked it up in the rulebook usga, Equipment Rules Final.pdf (usga.org) page 32-33, i needs to have certain dimensions, it needs to have a spine, and some type of symetricalness, and a conforming cross section, if it is assymetrical then it will not be legal, and deflection, and a couple more things. These are why i believe autoflex is not legal, i believe the cross section would not conform. Im right, guys?:love:
What about the cross section is non-conforming? By all accounts it's a round piece of graphite tube, like every other shaft. It just has proprietary materials that make it do whatever it is it's doing differently (like every other shaft).

What about the cross section is non-conforming? By all accounts it's a round piece of graphite tube, like every other shaft. It just has proprietary materials that make it do whatever it is it's doing differently (like every other shaft).
i dont know the specifics of the autoflex cross section. I do know that if its cross section is not the same as others then it is illegal and i believe they did something to that shaft that would make it different. because there are no specifics about what the shaft should be made out of i think its cross section is illegal not its materials.

i dont know the specifics of the autoflex cross section. I do know that if its cross section is not the same as others then it is illegal and i believe they did something to that shaft that would make it different. because there are no specifics about what the shaft should be made out of i think its cross section is illegal not its materials.
Based on what?

I just scanned through this. Has anyone hit this on a golf course yet? I only see some range time and simulator time.

Regarding the questions around efficiency I get that isn't good but if at the end of the day your SS is up and the carry/total distance are up does it really matter if efficiency is down

its based on 3 things. 1, the company didnt release what its made of. 2 no pros are using it . 3 it is superior to other shafts in every way.

its based on 3 things. 1, the company didnt release what its made of. 2 no pros are using it . 3 it is superior to other shafts in every way.
All companies use proprietary technology. Pros overseas are. It's not necessarily superior. Very few people have even hit it.

All companies use proprietary technology. Pros overseas are. It's not necessarily superior. Very few people have even hit it.
i hear you. but if you havent seen what it does, it hits the ball straighter, and further. Every tour pro would be using one. and it probably is proprietary technology, but without a patent, i cannot say that it has anything to do with other shafts. it may not even be made of graphite, i know nothing about it other than that it has different flexes, is pink and black, made in korea, and outperforms all other shafts.:ROFLMAO:

Until I see some real world, actual in hand test results for this shaft, I am going to refer to it as the Lamborghini shaft, as they both share (a) a large promise of performance but little actual professional results, (b) loud colors, and (c) occasionally explode into pieces when over revved.

Until I see some real world, actual in hand test results for this shaft, I am going to refer to it as the Lamborghini shaft, as they both share (a) a large promise of performance but little actual professional results, (b) loud colors, and (c) occasionally explode into pieces when over revved.

there are reviews on youtube of people hitting it. and i know @j_sizzle9 took some swings and posted his results in here. he may or may not be scouring the interwebz trying to find a decent price now, that's how good it was for him.

there are reviews on youtube of people hitting it. and i know @j_sizzle9 took some swings and posted his results in here. he may or may not be scouring the interwebz trying to find a decent price now, that's how good it was for him.
I have been following along, and I get the idea that it could be a really good shaft. What I am having more trouble understanding is the technology in it, and how that would translate to a wider audience. I also struggle with vast price difference between this shaft and others, although I suppose that each new shaft release seems to be more expensive.

Chris and I have friend who sells mostly JDM stuff in Orlando and a $700 Driver shaft is reasonable in that market. Are they any better? I doubt it, but they sell so there is that......but so does PXG so value is up to the person holding the cash.

I enjoyed the shaft (that sounds weird). Swing speed increased. Efficiency decreased some. Overall longer carry was achieved with surprisingly accurate results. It was one session of 15-20ish swings so was it a fluke...maybe...but I’m intrigued!

I enjoyed the shaft (that sounds weird). Swing speed increased. Efficiency decreased some. Overall longer carry was achieved with surprisingly accurate results. It was one session of 15-20ish swings so was it a fluke...maybe...but I’m intrigued!
Ooh. How much longer was the carry? Btw, hope everything is going well my man.

My illegal (?) autoflex is in the building. Need to charge the rapsodo and hope the 60 mph winds go away tonight so I can get numbers on the range. if it doesn't snap then will likely take it to the course Saturday. It is a course I have never played, but I will compare to arccos data in my previous rounds for some analysis.

Ooh. How much longer was the carry? Btw, hope everything is going well my man.

Swing speed speed increased by 10mph and carry increased by 20yds! Have sim lewgue tonight so maybe I can get a pic with the stats from the autoflex.

I’m doing well! Hope you are too.

Next to my ad-di at 45”, auto flex is at 46” not quite 20g lighter (I think?) and an inch longer.

will try to get out tomorrow in the range

Attachments

• 105288D1-F5E6-4B79-A177-029B243607C1.jpeg
    105288D1-F5E6-4B79-A177-029B243607C1.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 23
  • A6BE2304-1632-4DFB-9435-DDA0560FBA50.jpeg
    A6BE2304-1632-4DFB-9435-DDA0560FBA50.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 806582FA-162B-4724-9B2B-7CCF7D98D510.jpeg
    806582FA-162B-4724-9B2B-7CCF7D98D510.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 23
I want to revisit this: If this is legal, then i dont see why every player would not want one. Do the pga tour pros know what autoflex is? have they tried it? what do they think?
if you didnt know, the makers dont want to tell how its made so we dont know whats going to happen with it

I want to revisit this: If this is legal, then i dont see why every player would not want one. Do the pga tour pros know what autoflex is? have they tried it? what do they think?
if you didnt know, the makers dont want to tell how its made so we dont know whats going to happen with it

Same question could be asked with why isn't every pro going with a 48" driver and trying to copy what Bryson dechambeau is doing? my guess, most don't feel they need more speed to compete at the moment. if they do, they will research other options, autoflex may be one of them, it may not be.

So I did get to hit this at the range, got good weather but do to some time constraints and some wonky technical details I can't really provide much in the way of anything I would consider useful. Range was packed and I had to be home by a certain time.... finally got an open spot, rushed through a warm up and hit 3 with my driver (mavrik max 9* set at N+2, same for both shafts). I had a lesson yesterday so.... hit 3 not great shots. Only one hit the center of the club face but had a 6* launch angle.

Switched to 5 in the autoflex and first one launched well but went high right. Didn't bother looking at the monitor. Hit the next one and it was a CRUSHER. Good launch that looked like it had that late rise and was just amazing right on the line I was set up for. Go to look at the monitor/phone screen (rapsodo) and it was asking if I want to update firmware.... so didn't get either of the 2 with AF.

Click no and hit 3 more, but not one of them is even remotely decent contact. None of the misses were huge, so that was nice as going an 1" longer and that light was concerning. Is the longer/lighter shaft causing inconsistent contact? I can't say anything there, was really 0-3 with my gamer shaft, and 1-5 with AF, so more a referendum on my golf swing than anything.

Will try to get some legitimate data on friday (dentist appointment tomorrow) but my one take away was I think the swing weight is much higher (makes sense) but not sure if that is a bad thing for me. I was able to feel the head much more accutely.

Sorry this was a cluster but will be back as soon as I have something worthwhile to report back.

well understand autoflex is not a 48 inch driver. one thing, 48 inch driver has shown less accurate. autoflex seems to help everything. ?

Back