Average 8i carry distance.

I hit mine about 140 a fews ago before lessons. Since I have been working on increasing my lag, I have moved it up to 150ish now. I hope to get a little more out of it with more lessons.

If I average in all my bad shots with the few good my average is probably about 110

I have a few answers for this question:

I hit it 150 normally, but hit it 170 once. So 170 is my 8i carry distance.

The sim at Dick's says 175, so I will go with that.

I hit it 150, but this is the internet so add 45 yards. I hit my 8i 195 yards.

How far does the longest hitter on tour hit his 8i? Because that's how far I hit mine.

lol...the local golftown always has my irons about 10 yards farther and drivers 20-30 longer (though for some reason they always say I have a huge hook, whereas I have a very dependable slight-10 yards-draw)...I was shocked when I tried out my new 64° wedge and it said 75-80 yards, then I got to the course and it actually goes 75-80 yards! Their machine must be more accurate the higher you hit.

was 160 but i think i gained some distance. i've been struggling with my distance lately been going long a lot on my iron shots. need to get it dialed in.

I hit it 150-155. Occasionally can get it to 165 on a really good day.

170-175 with the RBZ's. Was 160-165 with my old cobra II's

Well I must need a new 8 iron because mine only works properly when I am 125 to 130 out, I did blade one 160 once but that is still not JRod long.

What is crazy is I can hit a driver 340 yards, and yes that is GPS verified and no it was not downwind (it was crossing) also wasn't downhill. But it was out of bounds and I really don't think the six lanes of highway concrete added that much distance. My longest in the fairway was only 297 and that was also GPS verified but there was a lot of conversation as to how far it ran down the cart path which ran right down the middle of the fairway, none of us could say for sure as it was dogleg left which I had hit the perfect draw on to just sneak around the corner. You know it was a pretty severe dogleg and we measured as the crow flies so I feel safe in claiming another big one as I played my pitching wedge (which I hit about 105) to the green side sandtrap on the par5 so I'm thinking it was easily over 340. So I am going to say on average I hit my driver to 340 on a good day, and yes I have witnesses as my cousin (he is a minister so anyone that might claim he isn't trustworthy might have higher power to answer to) was with me on the first one, and on the second my cart mate was a retired AirForce Colonel whose location I can't reveal as he worked on top secret projects throughout his military career.

And for those doubting I swear all the above is true, well except the 340 average part, I am guessing that my true average is that of the average golfer which puts me right in the 220 range with my driver.

I have been gaining a little distance. Would have said 155, but now 160.

145 yards.

I can carry my 8i about 145. I don't get much roll after that because I am a high ball hitter

130-140 but easily 175 when i shoot for the cart path

I can carry my 8i about 145. I don't get much roll after that because I am a high ball hitter

I don't know why but this makes me feel better about myself.

I'll play along...130-140....pretty lame huh?

I pull out the 8 iron for shots right at 170.

I go for about 145-150... great thread btw :banana:

I carry my 8-iron for all of the 6200 yards.

130-135 yards at the moment.

Posted via tapatalk

I play mine generally for 150-160 range .my 8 iron loft is 40*

I am pulling out the 8i from 130-145. Been trying to remember to club up, still learning my distances with my new clubs and new swing.

Back