BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

One on my small joys through this lockdown has been firing up the charcoal tailgate grill, having a beer and sitting in a fold up chair and reading THP. I’m getting pretty good at this little grill now and can’t wait to step my game up at future tailgate. Today it is hot dogs for lunch, but the other day it was fajitas.
View attachment 8935444

That describes a near perfect afternoon. Grill, beer, sitting outside and THP.

Been perusing the market for a new grill/smoker. Have a propane grill and use it a lot. But I def want something to get that lovely smoke taste. Want something versatile that won’t break the bank. Pellet grill? Kamado Joe? Charcoal smoker? Recommendations needed
This is the game I played last year. I ended up with a Napoleon kettle grill and committed to using it exclusively. I figured that buying a less expensive, but still decent grill I could decide if it was a path I wanted to pursue.
I’ll use the same one again this year and build plans for my brick BBQ after deciding that I love using charcoal. It’s such a relaxing experience for me.

Sounds like bliss to me.

Too bad it’s cloudy today here. Other than that beer, grilled meat and THP will make for a great afternoon.

Pork is wrapped and now it goes to 200.

CC8B2BE2-448E-4223-892E-ADBCA23D1D32.jpeg

103FCF18-2BBD-4DEB-9637-3BA19935983A.jpeg

A little brisket today
04d56415d870f1cebed7cfcfbacc4eec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man, you all making a guy hungry up in here!

Burgers I smoked came out awesome last night, but this all looks awesome.

Made a batch of smoked salsa and also marinated some backstrap in soy sauce, orange juice and garlic. Rubbed with Sucklebusters 1836 beef rub then smoked to 110. Will make some quesadillas with some and chicken fry the rest for dinner one day.
c74236591249dc2ed6b62b640c2d4d0d.jpg
8bb9b0ec74323eb5036e7060e72d5e98.jpg
c4225f5713d259b4b13ad28e18149a3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

@EnglishTurn each time I have had smoked salsa, it was a bit bitter. What are you using to combat that?

@EnglishTurn each time I have had smoked salsa, it was a bit bitter. What are you using to combat that?
Get rid of as many tomato seeds as possible. I scoop insides out after smoking and just use the tomato "meat".

Get rid of as many tomato seeds as possible. I scoop insides out after smoking and just use the tomato "meat".

Thanks. Will give that a try next time.

I've been doing smoked salsa quite a bit lately and haven't had any issues with bitterness. Half of the tomatoes I use are canned, so maybe that helps. Then I smoke the other half of tomatoes as well as the peppers and onions.

I want to give burgers a try in the electric smoker. Ive done them in the green egg before.

Any tips and tricks for an electric smoker? Temp and time?

I may have the wife talked into a Traeger. I found (what looks like) a decent one for $1000.00 at our local Home Depot. I'm going to do a little research before a I drop the dime, though.

Am bored, and dug thru freezer to find some goodies. Also have another 3lbs of belly going on later, for pork candy.

20200407_091925.jpg

I may have the wife talked into a Traeger. I found (what looks like) a decent one for $1000.00 at our local Home Depot. I'm going to do a little research before a I drop the dime, though.

You can get a whole lot of pellet grill for 1k.

Am bored, and dug thru freezer to find some goodies. Also have another 3lbs of belly going on later, for pork candy.

View attachment 8936081
Nice Lang smoker have thought about getting one myself. What kind of wood are you using?

Thanks. It's an amazing rig.

I primarily use oak and pecan. For this cook it's a 2:1 blend Pecan to Oak.

Oak is easy because I have 4 cord in the woodshed for my wood stove. Pecan, I order 50lbs of splits, at a time online.

Grilling T-bone steaks tonight. Can't wait!

Back