BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Ribeyes about to hit the heat, had them seasoning overnight with salt and pepper

image.jpg

And 6 hours later… they’re so good.

A4B57C2B-FA76-4490-AEB6-DDC19D04C6D4.jpeg

7DEFA4D6-68FC-4122-A21C-6FCCA5FA86EF.jpeg

D8AADC4F-C42D-408F-8246-B28C4C59AE94.jpeg

Doing a Sirloin Top Roast today, getting excited

It is Killer Hogs, been using it for years. On the sweeter side and very red color forward.
Found it. Thanks!

Gotta love the “spices” plant. I need to find those seeds and try to grow some in the greenhouse.

Dehydrated orange peel would be a tasty addition to ribs! I need to try that!

F367B006-F5ED-43E0-99E5-7A6B4F341306.jpeg

1 hour in

3CBD112F-FEE4-4C21-B159-427A578E88E3.jpeg

Am I ever glad that I made extra yesterday! These posts from @JB and @GolferGal are making my mouth water. They’re starting to look really good!

How long will they be over the heat for?

Am I ever glad that I made extra yesterday! These posts from @JB and @GolferGal are making my mouth water. They’re starting to look really good!

How long will they be over the heat for?

I’m guessing around 4 hours. I normally wrap them, but Josh has requested I not wrap them this time to see how they come out, so that’s what I’m going to do. It might take longer, but I’m checking them every hour.

I’m guessing around 4 hours. I normally wrap them, but Josh has requested I not wrap them this time to see how they come out, so that’s what I’m going to do. It might take longer, but I’m checking them every hour.
That’s what I was testing yesterday too. I was hoping for a little bite to the crust with some smokey flavour - I wasn’t disappointed! Definitely took longer.

Look forward to seeing how yours turn out with that rub!

Throwing this out there for the experts.

Will be buying a new grill. Thinking propane.

Looking to spend around $1k.

Thoughts on best option, place and time to buy?

Thank you!!!!

My pork butt is about to come off it's at 195 right now. I usually pull at 205

Thank you!!!!
I don’t know size you are looking for, but we LOVE our Napoleon Prestige Pro 500. I think the non pro could be had close to that. It blows away most in the price range.

I don’t know size you are looking for, but we LOVE our Napoleon Prestige Pro 500. I think the non pro could be had close to that. It blows away most in the price range.
Thank you JB. Those Napoleons look nice. May I ask, is there a particular place you like to purchase? Thank you!

Thank you JB. Those Napoleons look nice. May I ask, is there a particular place you like to purchase? Thank you!
I think Napoleon or Weber Genesis are pretty much the standard under 1k.

Not really. Warranty is through the company and fortunately we haven’t had to use it. I used Weber for years but to me their quality and innovation lacks compared Napoleon and Blaze and others.

Thank you!!!!
My propane is an older Weber Genesis Gold that I got for free. Someone was going to toss it - just needed a service, which I took care of in a weekend. I’ve had it going on 8 years now and it’s been great. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another, but would also take a serious look at Napoleon offerings.

Did a nice spread today, Ribs, Churrasco (Vacio Prime), and grilled some shrimp

1669AE5C-0225-4ABC-8685-391083EFE802.jpegA4E27BD5-49B3-48E4-8372-C7B60A2CDC59.jpeg

GG outdid herself with these.

0930CDA4-6DE4-486E-9978-3254196E8905.jpeg

Back