Best Marvel Movie

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 was good. And the most recent Spider-Man.
GoG 3 was decent. I didn't see the recent spider-man. But the spider verse movie was good too. So I guess I have to walk back a little. But, there has been a ton of garbage..

GoG 3 was decent. I didn't see the recent spider-man. But the spider verse movie was good too. So I guess I have to walk back a little. But, there has been a ton of garbage..
I have not seen all of the recent TV shows and movies. My interest surrounding the MCU has wained with the quantity over quality approach over the last few years.

I have not seen all of the recent TV shows and movies. My interest surrounding the MCU has wained with the quantity over quality approach over the last few years.
Same. Movies in general have not been great for a while. A few good products here and there. But over all. Pretty meh. Disney seems to have figured out how to kill anything good and have no creativity as they simply rehash stuff over and over and over..

I just do not care about Marvel anymore.
The phase of super heroes is over, the rise of the historical fiction is coming I'd say.
And I'd replace mindless superhero movies with mindless gigantic monster flicks.

I liked L&T for what it was. I laughed, I got sad at the whole daughter thing, it was sweet.

The Marvels on the other hand, was pure trash city.

And who is ******** on Winter Soldier!?
L&T was awful. Like almost unwatchable.

L&T was awful. Like almost unwatchable.
Well now I have to ask why. I wasn’t going for Oscar worthy acting, I never expect that from any of the marvel movies. I want to be entertained.

Natalie Portman was… Natalie Portman😍

Christian Bale did just fine as the antagonist.

What made it suck?

Well now I have to ask why. I wasn’t going for Oscar worthy acting, I never expect that from any of the marvel movies. I want to be entertained.

What made it suck?
It’s been so long since my wife and I watched honestly to try and give you a real answer. I just remember both of us walking away wanting to forget the movie and apparently I’ve succeeded. We both just thought gosh that was terrible when it was over. But coming off of Infinity War and Endgame it’s hard for any more to compete imo. That said, I’m not going on Disney+ to watch it again.

It’s been so long since my wife and I watched honestly to try and give you a real answer. I just remember both of us walking away wanting to forget the movie and apparently I’ve succeeded. We both just thought gosh that was terrible when it was over. But coming off of Infinity War and Endgame it’s hard for any more to compete imo. That said, I’m not going on Disney+ to watch it again.
That’s fair. I kinda feel the same about Capt Marvel, Black Widow, The Eternals, and The Marvels. They just weren’t good :/

What made it suck?
Christian Bale carried every scene he was in. He was painfully under utilized. How many gods did Gorr the God Butcher actually kill? Some more butchering would have been good.

That entire movie pisses me off.

Christian Bale carried every scene he was in. He was painfully under utilized. How many gods did Gorr the God Butcher actually kill? Some more butchering would have been good.

That entire movie pisses me off.
One less than he needed to, I think.

I would have enjoyed seeing that play out in lieu of Hemsworth’s butt

One less than he needed to, I think.

I would have enjoyed seeing that play out in lieu of Hemsworth’s butt
If you punish yourself and watch L&T again, notice the ice cream shop in New Aasgaard called "Infinity Cones". There's an ice cream shop themed after the guy who killed HALF of all Aasgaardians!!!!

The Korg narration makes no sense. Is he narrating the events of the story to the children who were just forced to become child soldiers?
Was G&R the only band Disney wanted to pay to get licensing for? Why even have that be a major part of that story?

If you punish yourself and watch L&T again, notice the ice cream shop in New Aasgaard called "Infinity Cones". There's an ice cream shop themed after the guy who killed HALF of all Aasgaardians!!!!

The Korg narration makes no sense. Is he narrating the events of the story to the children who were just forced to become child soldiers?
Was G&R the only band Disney wanted to pay to get licensing for? Why even have that be a major part of that story?
The pun on the name made me laugh.

Korg was narrating likely to himself, he’s kind of an idiot? I kinda feel that way about most narrators.

Got me on the soundtrack. Spent all their money on CGI

The pun on the name made me laugh.

Korg was narrating likely to himself, he’s kind of an idiot? I kinda feel that way about most narrators.

Got me on the soundtrack. Spent all their money on CGI
Oh, the pun is great, for us as viewers of the fictional world. But for the residents of New Aasgaard, having a fun little ice cream shop named after the guy who killed half your people...'Osama Bin Laughing" would be a good comedy club in lower Manhattan, right?

I just spent 10 minutes finding the Korg narration. It's in the begining talking to people on the planet that the Guardians are saving, fine I get it there. Exposition dump.

Then, at the end he's just describing what's happening on screen, adding nothing to it. It's just bad.

The CGI budget was misspent because it was laughably bad.

The black and white part with Gorr vs Thor/Jane was amazing, but lost me with the child soldiers a few minutes later. I just loathe that movie.

Oh, the pun is great, for us as viewers of the fictional world. But for the residents of New Aasgaard, having a fun little ice cream shop named after the guy who killed half your people...'Osama Bin Laughing" would be a good comedy club in lower Manhattan, right?

I just spent 10 minutes finding the Korg narration. It's in the begining talking to people on the planet that the Guardians are saving, fine I get it there. Exposition dump.

Then, at the end he's just describing what's happening on screen, adding nothing to it. It's just bad.

The CGI budget was misspent because it was laughably bad.

The black and white part with Gorr vs Thor/Jane was amazing, but lost me with the child soldiers a few minutes later. I just loathe that movie.
I personally enjoyed a stuffed rabbit shooting laser out of their eyes. That made me chuckle pretty good, but I also have a super low bar for entertainment.

I had forgotten to mention Logan. It is such a different take on a Marvel movie. It is intense and gritty. I am not into bloody violence but that's pretty much how things go for Logan.

For me.....

1) Endgame
2) Guardians of the Galaxy (first)
3) Iron Man (first)

I had forgotten to mention Logan. It is such a different take on a Marvel movie. It is intense and gritty. I am not into bloody violence but that's pretty much how things go for Logan.
There's a black and white version out there. So good.

I personally enjoyed a stuffed rabbit shooting laser out of their eyes. That made me chuckle pretty good, but I also have a super low bar for entertainment.
Stuffed bunny first person shooter, funny. I agree.

What made it suck?
I kind of feel like what made Love and Thunder bas is the the same thing that has made them all not good since End Game. They have become way too colorful, too much CGI, etc. Trying to wow us with visuals and bright colors. Kind of like the Star Wars Ep1-3 did. Focused more on the graphical experience than the story. Phase 1 stuff was gritty, filmed kind of dark, wasn't all brightly lit and colorful. They are trying to Disney-fy them all too much.

I kind of feel like what made Love and Thunder bas is the the same thing that has made them all not good since End Game. They have become way too colorful, too much CGI, etc. Trying to wow us with visuals and bright colors. Kind of like the Star Wars Ep1-3 did. Focused more on the graphical experience than the story. Phase 1 stuff was gritty, filmed kind of dark, wasn't all brightly lit and colorful. They are trying to Disney-fy them all too much.
That gritty dark serious stuff got dreadfully boring though. Remember Thor 2? Guardians introduced fun and color and was quite successful. Disney, being a profit driven entity and not an art driven entity, wants to make money. Movie making by focus group and marketing.

I would have ZERO surprise if Disney told Taika Waititi that they paid a bunch of money for the rights to G&R's music and he had to use it in Love and Thunder. And he then wrote the movie backwards on that premise.

There's a black and white version out there. So good.
Forgot to add... I like the movie. Also says a lot about Hugh Jackman. He is Wolverine but can also do PT Barnum and the dude in Les Miserables very convincingly.

Back