Best Private Course Within 1/2 Hour Of Your House

Old Memorial and its not close.
Unless you count Innisbrook Copperhead

The opening pic on the Old Memorial site reminds me of Secession so that's pretty awesome.

@boder - this time I can answer Stonehenge

Stonehenge!!

It's Buckhorn Golf and CC. Pretty fun course that they keep in great shape. Pudge is a member there.
That is one fun and nice course!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old Memorial and its not close.
Unless you count Innisbrook Copperhead
I'm still annoyed with myself for not playing it when I had the chance.

I'm still annoyed with myself for not playing it when I had the chance.

Played it about 8-9 times and its just awesome. Last time was with the head of R&D of an OEM and he was ready to join...haha.

Tough Call.

For test of golf: Riviera
For club life: Bel Air or Wilshire

But Sherwood is only a 3 minute drive, so that is also appealing.

Tons around here. Oakland Hills is the big one, but Detroit Golf Club is awesome and has two Ross courses, as well. Franklin Hills is a great club and I’m partial to my home club, Orchard Lake CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I’ll ever be allowed to play any of these but it is between Muirfield Village, The Golf Club in New Albany, and Scioto Country Club.

Old Warson -host of the 1971 Ryder Cup. It’s 3 miles from my house.
Bellreive - host of this year’s PGA Championship. It’s about 8 miles from my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oakland Hills is probably the most famous near me but I prefer the Sharf Course at Oakland University. Fantastic course

My 3 favorites:

Firestone, South Course / Akron
Sand Ridge / Chardon
The Country Club / Pepper Pike

The Dunes is mentioned most often. A friend who played in a charity tournament said that the marshals and ground staff were really rude and snobbish to non-members.

Not that I’ll ever be allowed to play any of these but it is between Muirfield Village, The Golf Club in New Albany, and Scioto Country Club.

I'd love to get on Scioto. You need to just show up and ask them if they've ever had a net zero.

Oak Tree National, only about 10 miles away from me, also hosted the 2014 Sr US Open. That's definitely within 30 minutes.

I think I could make it to Southern Hills in about 45 minutes late at night, in my Mustang, if you'll keep the LEOs off my tail. Does that count?

I don't know which is best, but if I could play either, I'd go for Southern Hills, where Tiger won his 4th PGA in 2007 (2001 was in Atlanta where Toms won).

Sorry, I misread the year on Southern Hills.

Best? Jesus.....there’s about 7 that are insane good

Within 30 minutes are LACC, Riviera, Bel Air, Wilshire, And Virginia country clubs. Some other nice clubs around too but those are the best within 30 minutes.

I missed that you moved to the east coast..welcome!

Yup. Fort Gordon is the Army's latest boomtown. Planning to buy a house here and not leave unless I get offered something really sweet, like a First Sergeant gig in Europe or something.

Never played it, obviously, but I’m guessing it would be Cypress Point.

#FiberLaunch

Never played it, obviously, but I’m guessing it would be Cypress Point.

#FiberLaunch
Yeah that would probably qualify.

When that invite comes, be sure to post pictures... Or just invite a few of is to tag along.

Yeah that would probably qualify.

When that invite comes, be sure to post pictures... Or just invite a few of is to tag along.

A man of my standing amongst the community, it’s only a matter of time before an invite comes through my door. If I’m allowed guests, I’ll let you know

#FiberLaunch

I dont have a fully Private course within 30 minutes of me.

Flint Hills National

The two candidates are the Portland Golf Club and Waverly. I’ve never set foot on PGC but it hosted old PGA tourneys and a Ryder Cup, and it’s closer.

Back