Best Private Course Within 1/2 Hour Of Your House

I'd love to get on Scioto. You need to just show up and ask them if they've ever had a net zero.

I'm pretty convinced the only time I'll ever be on that course was for the final round of the 2016 US Senior Open when I got to follow Miguel Angel Jimenez.

Best Private Course Within 1/2 Hour Of Your House

Pine Valley, 8 miles as the crow flies.
Merion-20 miles
Plenty more but those are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Within a half hour I’d say Metedeconk National. Was in the running for the first leg of theFed Ex Cup but course isn’t suitable for grandstands/fans walking the course.

Interlachen and Spring Hill are both on the Golf Digest 100 greatest courses in the U.S. Hazeltine, site of a couple U.S. Open’s, a PGA Championship, and the 2016 and 2028 Ryder Cup, is also only 15 miles away.

#1 would probably be Firestone CC.

The best I've actually played would be Glenmoor (Jack Nicklaus design on the grounds of a former seminary). Love the layout & the clubhouse.

The Dye Course at Stonebridge Ranch. The other possibility was TPC at Craig Ranch but I really think the Dye is tougher.

I prefer Highland Springs. The last couple times I've played it were about a week of a Web event so the fairways and bunkers were perfect. Second would be sposey#s home course, Millwood. Love it even though it's so tight and tough it eats my lunch every time. Great shape, excellent layout, and I've played it with so many GREAT people (including Brian).

Last edited:
Karsten Creek.

Southern Highlands. About 10 minutes from home.

The Dye Course at Stonebridge Ranch. The other possibility was TPC at Craig Ranch but I really think the Dye is tougher.

I'll go,with Preston Trails over those two. And if we're speeding Dallas National

I'll go,with Preston Trails over those two. And if we're speeding Dallas National

No doubt better courses. I've never played nor do I know anyone that belongs to Preston Trails so I am not familiar with it and it just barely makes it under 30 minutes from me. Dallas National is 43 miles from me.

Not that I’ll ever be allowed to play any of these but it is between Muirfield Village, The Golf Club in New Albany, and Scioto Country Club.

I like these but you left out Double Eagle.

I like these but you left out Double Eagle.

I did leave that one out and I’ll never get to play there either.

Agreed with all of them haha. I can get on to Scioto but I believe it would be around $250 for the round.

I probably won't get to either and I live about 5 miles from it. I did play Scioto 2 years ago and it was great but way too stuffy for a guy like me. Felt like I was walking on eggshells for 5 hours, but I still loved it.

It's Buckhorn Golf and CC. Pretty fun course that they keep in great shape. Pudge is a member there.
I realized Palma Ceia is within a half hour also, that is probably the top.

No doubt better courses. I've never played nor do I know anyone that belongs to Preston Trails so I am not familiar with it and it just barely makes it under 30 minutes from me. Dallas National is 43 miles from me.

Played each once. I can get on National whenever but it's not worth $250 to me. Ive played TPC Craig Ranch many times but again the price isn't worth it. I've yet to play Stonebridgre

Agreed with all of them haha. I can get on to Scioto but I believe it would be around $250 for the round.

Probably sounds about right. Do you know someone who is a member there? It always looks impressive from the parts of the course you can see from Lane Ave and being able to walk the course during the Senior Open. I'm sure the only way I could ever sniff Double Eagle is to win one of those charity auctions the Blue Jackets do but then I' have to sell my house or something to pay for it. For all I know, Muirfield Village might actually be the easiest to get on when it comes down to it.

Probably sounds about right. Do you know someone who is a member there? It always looks impressive from the parts of the course you can see from Lane Ave and being able to walk the course during the Senior Open. I'm sure the only way I could ever sniff Double Eagle is to win one of those charity auctions the Blue Jackets do but then I' have to sell my house or something to pay for it. For all I know, Muirfield Village might actually be the easiest to get on when it comes down to it.

I know someone who is able to get on who has played it a couple times, just not sure if I want to fork out the money for it. Yeah Double Eagle is the hardest I believe and I sign up for that everytime as well haha.

I know someone who is able to get on who has played it a couple times, just not sure if I want to fork out the money for it. Yeah Double Eagle is the hardest I believe and I sign up for that everytime as well haha.

I know a few people that I could get on Muirfield with, but the cost is rather prohibitive unless someone is feeling generous. I also know somebody (Worthington Industries) that I could probably play Double Eagle with but he hasn't offered and I'm not going to put him on the spot. I got to play Scioto when a friend won a round for 3 guests to be played with a member. I know a few people with money and connections while I, unfortunately, have neither.

Pine Valley. Very lucky living in South Jersey. Atlantic City was my public course.

The International and Oak Hill in some order. Two very different courses, experiences

I know a few people that I could get on Muirfield with, but the cost is rather prohibitive unless someone is feeling generous. I also know somebody (Worthington Industries) that I could probably play Double Eagle with but he hasn't offered and I'm not going to put him on the spot. I got to play Scioto when a friend won a round for 3 guests to be played with a member. I know a few people with money and connections while I, unfortunately, have neither.

Yeah, I don't know anybody with connections in the golf world around here. I don't really have the money but if I had an opportunity to get on one of those courses as a probably once in a lifetime opportunity I'd do something to scrape the money up somewhere.

Back