Best value in putters?

Retail has to be Cleveland.

You can get a quality putter with an all in shaft for under 200 bucks. Elevado, number 8, and a ton of other great designs

Retail has to be Cleveland.

You can get a quality putter with an all in shaft for under 200 bucks. Elevado, number 8, and a ton of other great designs
Actually, retail is Ray Cook. You can get a double milled face, quality putter with 60 years of history & innovation for $80. Hands down value winner.

Actually, retail is Ray Cook. You can get a double milled face, quality putter with 60 years of history & innovation for $80. Hands down value winner.
Is inexpensive considered value?

Those Ray Cook putters man, I would rather putt with an old stick.

Is inexpensive considered value?

Those Ray Cook putters man, I would rather putt with an old stick.
Price is part of it but its not a putt-putt putter. It has a double milled face and is every bit the quality of a putter that costs hundreds. Difference is Ray Cook doesn't have multi-million dollar advertising they have to pay for.

Price is part of it but its not a putt-putt putter. It has a double milled face and is every bit the quality of a putter that costs hundreds. Difference is Ray Cook doesn't have multi-million dollar advertising they have to pay for.
They’re owned by Rock Bottom Golf. At least they were, happened in 2011 when they out all their assets up for auction. So essentially a house brand now, not the same old Ray Cook.

Current Ray Cook double milled face does not have a fraction of the quality of any of the premium milled putters. It's not even close. Ray Cook is using patent-expired technology for their products and are not even close to being a decent milled option.

Some things are built around a price point, some things aren’t. A big tool has always been the “ours is the same as theirs, but a much better price”. The firearms industry is notorious for it. Sears and Roebuck Mausers, Charles Daly Brownings.

Current Ray Cook double milled face does not have a fraction of the quality of any of the premium milled putters. It's not even close. Ray Cook is using patent-expired technology for their products and are not even close to being a decent milled option.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Cleveland milled line

As far as what I see in stores at retail prices I'd have to agree with everyone who's said Cleveland so far. That's my goto recommendation for friends that want something new that won't break the bank. Great quality at a very reasonable price. Currently having a sale on their website that makes the value even better. $130 for a solid solid milled putter.

The ping 2023 line now at $229 is a pretty solid deal. I’ve had a couple people ask me how I liked my PLD and had to tell them. This is the 2023 Anser 2D model and not the PLD.

The all black PLD’s look so nice.

Is there any difference in feel between the newest models of the Soft HB's and the ones from previous years? I'm intrigued after reading.

How much technology does one need in a putter? My favorites are all milled from billets of steel (Scotty) , or better yet forged then milled (Mizuno). No special tech going on, just good old fashioned metal craft, just CNC instead of a guy running the tables and heads.

I'm pretty sure these can still be ordered from Ping. I paid $80 for this a few years ago. They might get my vote.

View attachment 9227940

View attachment 9227941
The correct answer. You get a classic putter from the most important Putter manufacturer for (I think) 119$ now. The only thing is that they are a little light in terms of headweight, but if you have decent hands that’s not much of an issue imo.

Cleveland and Wilson.

I'll also say Cleveland, but use the Frontline Elite as my example. The amount of technology offered in that line makes for an outstanding value.

I think SeeMore putters is a great value for what you pay. What do you think @Jman ?

How much technology does one need in a putter? My favorites are all milled from billets of steel (Scotty) , or better yet forged then milled (Mizuno). No special tech going on, just good old fashioned metal craft, just CNC instead of a guy running the tables and heads.
No special tech? Do you think those company just grab a piece of metal and mill a face and send it on its way?

No special tech? Do you think those company just grab a piece of metal and mill a face and send it on its way?
To me "tech" means multi material construction. Not a shaped monolithic block of steel.

To me "tech" means multi material construction. Not a shaped monolithic block of steel.
I guess therein lies the issues with generalized definitions.

When looking at a shaped monolithic block of steel putter, or milled putter, one would think the contruction which concentrates on weighting to the perimeter to produced higher MOT and stability would be considered "tech." Or, the multiple layers of lightweight metals that are bonded to fine tune for sound and feel for vibration dampening to it's core would be another.

Look really close at the finish of some and you can see where the quality is. Crooked grips are a dead give away too.

Back