nicedivot

strangers in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
5 - 10
What is the best wedge in your opinion?
* not just the common brands one can get at most stores but the best wedge period.

Old school Cleveland Tour Action 588, then SCOR4161

original588_chrome.jpg

What I would give to land a brand new set of these in 50, 54, 58...

This is a pretty personal question, but for me it is SCOR wedges hands down. The V-Sole makes it very easy to hit the wedges from any lie

I'm a fan of titleist vokey wedges. I've tried plenty, but these feel the most natural for me. Just feel like I have total control over it.

~Rock

This is a pretty personal question, but for me it is SCOR wedges hands down. The V-Sole makes it very easy to hit the wedges from any lie
Thought you might say that...........they are right up there!

The one that work that day

original588_chrome.jpg

I have 2 of these sitting in my bedroom. Just replaced them with some Scor wedges. I like both. But believe the SCOR's are a better wedge.

I have 2 of these sitting in my bedroom. Just replaced them with some Scor wedges. I like both. But believe the SCOR's are a better wedge.

PM with some pics if you they are in good shape & u are looking to sell them. I game the SCORs now and love them, but there is something special about those 588s for me.

TaylorMade ATV wedges, easy to hit and look as sexy as hell.

Great wedges at a reasonable price.

original588_chrome.jpg

I second the Cleveland 588's and would love a new set...52, 56, 60.

I still think the Jaws and Mizzy MP R-12 are the best

SCOR for me is head and shoulders above the rest. Thats why I play 5 of them.

ima fan of the callaway forged for the feel and shape but there are way better wedges, scor are nice.

Mizuno MP-T4. They're so soft and make it so easy to control the ball and a variety of shots around the green.
I've got a couple Mizuno JPX wedges and they're nice too but there's a big difference from a cast stainless steel wedge to a forged carbon steel wedge.

:popcorn:

I was a big fan of Cleveland and later Callaway wedges (after Roger Cleveland joined up) but I have switched to the TaylorMade ATV because 1. they are versatile (the 56° can do so much I took out my 60° & added a 64° for the flop shot) 2. they feel great 3. they come standard with KBS wedge shafts 4. the longer grip (why didn't anybody think of this before?!) 5. they setup and look great too.

Not sure that these are what you are looking for. I have the 53 and 56. I through a KBS Tour shaft in the 56 to see what I thought of that pairing. It turned out to be a great pairing for bunker shots and around the green. The 53 still has the original TT shaft in it.
PM with some pics if you they are in good shape & u are looking to sell them. I game the SCORs now and love them, but there is something special about those 588s for me.

Of all the wedges I've used, I have to give my vote to the Cleveland 588 wedges.

Probably THE best forging on the planet. I SOO wish I could acquire a set without my wife killing me... :disapointed:

Miura really does what they do EXTREMELY well.

page_2012wedges_mix.jpg
page_2012wedges_details_face.jpg
page_2012wedges_details_back.jpg

I am a fan of cleveland wedges.. but Muira wedges look good. and might move to that one... no wife yet so I think I could do it :)

I am a fan of cleveland wedges.. but Muira wedges look good. and might move to that one... no wife yet so I think I could do it :)

Nothing wrong with Cleveland. That's what I'm playing. If I could own these without fear, I would do it in a second... :D

Cleveland 588 satins are a great runner-up!!

SCOR 4161 for me. I carry 5.

J40 Black oxide with KBS custom tours

Back