Big Break Atlantis

Anyway, who do you guys think is going to win. Is there one player than stands out the most for their golf game.

I looked at the Symetra tour site to see who was listed and who has been playing. Anya (3 events), Selanee (3 events), and Gloriana (4 events) seem to be the best options for the winner. I'll go with Anya since she has also qualified for the 2012 US Open.

Wow, I go out of town for a couple days and don't check the thread as I haven't had a chance to watch the show and all heck breaks loose. Back to topic from way pages ago: I think the speed challenge would be fun to do, maybe I could talk the course into adding it as a flag prize during the next tournament.

Has Selane's nerves calmed any? I haven't watched since Zikaya got the boot. I like Selane. Lanky, seems kind of goofy, always nervous.

Her nerves are going to be her downfall. She is my favorite personality to this point and I will hate to see her go but I feel she will not survive another elimination challenge. This format clearly rattles her.

Selanee has made some pretty clutch shots, even in spite of the nerves. She may not have the best overall game in the competition, but she's been able to get the job done so far.

I had to wait for my wife to return from vacation in order to watch this show but I'm pretty pleased that Aubrey was booted off - she just annoyed us and I started to refer to her as an eco-ditz (I may need to TM that.). That said, I think she comported herself in a nice and intelligent manner during the academy follow-up.

I also agree with an earlier comment that the team competitions are concealing or propping up the weaker members of this year's show. Kelly and Aubrey deserved to go and I hated to see Kelly buy her way out of the final four elimination. After Zakiya going, I feared another decent competitor would be sent off if Aubrey pulled off a couple of good shots in a row. God forbid the show does a round-robin one-on-one competition to weed out some of the players.

I hated to see Kelly buy her way out of the final four elimination.

I'm perfectly fine with the player who has the most points in the Elimination Match getting to buy her way out. First, she's earned the right having the most points of those in the Elimination Match. Second, anyone who buys their way out of the Elimination Match loses all her points, which means that if she should find herself back in the next Elimination Match, she most likely will NOT have the most points and opportunity to buy her way out.

Interesting note: One of the participants in "Big Break X : Michigan" (Sherri McDonald) just joined the teaching-pro staff at my "home" course. She's even got the staff bag.

Ken

Is the Texas girl still on it? I've only seen bits and pieces so far. Not having a DVR right now is killing me.

Is the Texas girl still on it? I've only seen bits and pieces so far. Not having a DVR right now is killing me.

No, she got eliminated a couple shows ago.

Shannon Fish was eliminated in the 2nd episode. She was probably the most skilled contestant of this season.

Interesting note: One of the participants in "Big Break X : Michigan" (Sherri McDonald) just joined the teaching-pro staff at my "home" course. She's even got the staff bag.

Ken
That's pretty cool - she seemed very nice on the show.

I'd like to think that somewhere in this thread's 62 pages are a few posts about the results of the shows, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it...

Pretty crazy, someone is going to have to sit out this week? is that what I heard on the commercial preview?

This s by far the worst Big Break in my opinion. These girls may have some pretty decent golf skills, but they definitely aren't showing on the show. Judging by just the show, none of those girls deserve to be in any LPGA event. I'm going to watch a couple more episodes and if it doesn't get any better, I'm done until next season. I've enjoyed several previous seasons and I thought the skill level was much higher in previous seasons that this season.

This s by far the worst Big Break in my opinion. These girls may have some pretty decent golf skills, but they definitely aren't showing on the show. Judging by just the show, none of those girls deserve to be in any LPGA event. I'm going to watch a couple more episodes and if it doesn't get any better, I'm done until next season. I've enjoyed several previous seasons and I thought the skill level was much higher in previous seasons that this season.

Shannon Fish may make it to the LPGA Tour eventually. She was eliminated during the 2nd episode but much weaker players would have been eliminated before Shannon if it hadn't been for team competitions subsidizing their substandard play.

Whenever I need a good chuckle, I open up this thread. Thanks guys.

Whenever I need a good chuckle, I open up this thread. Thanks guys.

Yep, it is like a train wreck, I just can't force myself to look away. :D

I think that when some people have bought there way out of elimination is going to bit them in the arse as a twist. As for the level of competion i dont think it's as good as years past but we also need to remember they are waiting 30 min to an hour before each shot due to production so that's enough to throw people off then you put pressure into the mix and I think that is the cause of less than stellar play from the ladies.

That tends to happen when members tend to write posts other than the thread's topic.

It tends to happen when some people post weird and vaguely sexist comments and pictures.

Back