Big Break Atlantis

Just got caught up. Glad I didn't jump in here sooner and see that comprehensive recap post by Omega3 or my viewing would have been ruined.

Kevin

Just got caught up. Glad I didn't jump in here sooner and see that comprehensive recap post by Omega3 or my viewing would have been ruined.

Kevin

My recaps are posted after the conclusion of each episode. Regardless, people discuss in this tread what goes on during the show as it's being shown, so your viewing would have been ruined anyway, but not by me.

But go ahead and join the crowd and pile on me.

My recaps are posted after the conclusion of each episode. Regardless, people discuss in this tread what goes on during the show as it's being shown, so your viewing would have been ruined anyway, but not by me.

But go ahead and join the crowd and pile on me.

I was complementing your ability to repeat what happened. That's a rare skill. How is that piling on? I'm on your side. I like how you post what the lead is in the NBA thread, too. Really great stuff. Has to be helpful for those who are watching.

Kevin

I was complementing your ability to repeat what happened. That's a rare skill. How is that piling on? I'm on your side. I like how you post what the lead is in the NBA thread, too. Really great stuff. Has to be helpful for those who are watching.

Kevin

I compliment your ability to render sarcasm in a deadpan writing style. Not as easy to do on a message board as some might think.

I compliment your ability to render sarcasm in a deadpan writing style. Not as easy to do on a message board as some might think.

Not sure what you're getting at with this, but it was kind of neat to watch the episode, then relive it through your post. It was like seeing it all over again. The stills you included, especially of the tic tac toe grid, were very exciting. Took me right back to the episode I had finished watching five minutes earlier.

Kevin

I was thinking, it would have really put a twist on the points system if when you win in the elimination, that you earned the points of the person you just eliminated.

At least then there would be some benefit to not buying yourself out of it. Take your 30 points, and add in another 5 or 10 by beating a player in elimination.

I was thinking, it would have really put a twist on the points system if when you win in the elimination, that you earned the points of the person you just eliminated.

At least then there would be some benefit to not buying yourself out of it. Take your 30 points, and add in another 5 or 10 by beating a player in elimination.

Now that's an interesting idea. Your suggestion brings some interesting risk v. reward scenarios into play.

As it stands now, none of the contestants will win enough points (100) to earn an automatic berth in the Final Matchplay Game under the show's current rules. This assumes the producers don't drastically alter the rules of the game, as they've been known to do before.

BB Atlantis promos are advertising "A change in the game means no one is safe...."

Wonder what kind of insanity is in store for the contestants now.

Note to BB producers for future reference: Please stop the insanity.

That could be pretty neat. On one hand, you should only see the weakest players in the elimination which would mean neither of them had many points.

On the other, it could be a huge swing if a leader had a bad day and got wiped out by a weaker player.

Could make it interesting to say the least.

That could be pretty neat. On one hand, you should only see the weakest players in the elimination which would mean neither of them had many points.

On the other, it could be a huge swing if a leader had a bad day and got wiped out by a weaker player.

Could make it interesting to say the least.

That's not entirely correct. Stronger players have found their way into elimination (e.g. Shannon Fish in episode 2) because weaker players were "subsidized" by the team competition format.

So long as team competition exists, there is no guarantee that the stronger players will avoid the Elimination Match.

Can we stop using keywords, and just say that they were protected by the team format?

I think braddman's idea has a lot of merit, but damn, pretty sure it wasn't worth reading through all the cattiness in this thread to see it. It's just a tv show at the end of the day.

I think braddman's idea has a lot of merit, but damn, pretty sure it wasn't worth reading through all the cattiness in this thread to see it. It's just a tv show at the end of the day.

Some people can't stomach others who have differing opinions from their own. It is what it is.

Some people can't stomach others who have differing opinions from their own. It is what it is.

We have asked repeatedly to stop with posts and nonsense like this. This will be the last time we ask.

We have asked repeatedly to stop with posts and nonsense like this. This will be the last time we ask.

So my posted opinion is nonsense now. Interesting. I'd like to hear GolferGal's take on this. She strikes me as a reasonable person, based on her taped interviews with the BB Atlantis contestants.

So my posted opinion is nonsense now. Interesting. I'd like to hear GolfGal's take on this. She strikes me as a reasonable person, based on her taped interviews with the BB Atlantis contestants.

You dont have to hear GG's take on this. When it comes to moderating and running our community, we are united as one as we are in everything else in life. Either grow up, or find another forum. This will be the last time it gets mentioned.

This would be a fun idea for any match play type event. Very nice, plus it would pad the winner quite a bit for the time being. Kind of like in poker.

Happy to see they revoked the option to buy out of elimination - I was wondering how the season was ever going to end with the point leader hitting the reset button every week.

Kind of a shame - this is probably the best episode of the season from a golf perspective yet no one's here to comment. Maybe this thread still needs to aerate for another week?

Driver off the deck for her approach shot?!?! Really?!?

Just finished watching on the DVR machine. They need to figure out how to interview the losing gals so it's not so obvious who got the boot. At first it seemed like it might be Kelly, but as soon as they started interviewing Allison, you could tell she could barely control her emotions. Marcella is pretty steady, and it's no surprise she edged out Allison. That driver swing was out of control.

Just my opinion. Dissent is welcome.

Kevin

This was a good episode... Lots more golf, less games.

Just finished watching on the DVR machine. They need to figure out how to interview the losing gals so it's not so obvious who got the boot. At first it seemed like it might be Kelly, but as soon as they started interviewing Allison, you could tell she could barely control her emotions. Marcella is pretty steady, and it's no surprise she edged out Allison. That driver swing was out of control.

Kevin
I completely agree (that's what dissent means, right? :act-up:). Christina was so upbeat from the word go it was obvious she made it through and, while I didn't notice it right away, by the time they got to the elimination challenge I was sure Allison was on her way out.

Having said that, I'll bet everyone thought Selanee was going home week 1 when she was balling her eyes out during her interviews (for no reason, as it turns out) so you really can't be 100% sure.

Kevin

I believe you are right on point Esox. The interviews with Allison gave away the outcome so early in the show that it was silly to watch the whole thing....but I still did. Marcella and Gloriana look tough to beat in the long run.

Back